Posted August 28, 2014
My daughter started Peters Elementary School last year as a Kindergarten student. Her teacher was attentive, nurturing, patient and taught my daughter much more than I even anticipated! The school staff are attentive - you'll never drive thru the drop off without seeing our principal, Kathy Sedlack, standing right there guiding students and parents in the correct direction! The staff is amazing - it's a really strong sense of community and the parents are involved. I couldn't wait to start first grade this year! GREAT SCHOOL!!

Posted August 21, 2014
I registered my son on the first day of school and the staff gave me a very hard time about me living wtih my mother they wanted a paper notarized the same day just so he can start despite the fact that I had all other proof of residency paperwork I asked that they let me please notarize the form at a later time so my son could not miss school. The staff in the office was horrible unwilling to help and understand my situation. One staff member even stated it was either Ms. Howe or Ms.Hawkins " the post office is open now." I called downtown district headquarters and my son was enrolled because a VP called the principal himself and asked that I be enrolled. I appreciated that the principal walked us to the class she was very nice and I have watched her be in the fore front all week. I will say this is just my initial reaction to dealing with this school. I will definitely do another rating as the school year progresses.

Peters Elementary School 4

Posted May 25, 2014
We came to this school from a Charter school in the area and my kid's are so much happier here. The PTA, teachers and princial are all great! We are so happy we made the change to Peter's. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted April 21, 2014
This school has a great problem with bullying.. This school says it has no tolerance for bullying but I say different...my daughter has been bullied and this school has done nothing but talk ... But if the tables we're turn my daughter would have gotton a referral.. This school needs to get it together ...

Posted March 22, 2014
A great school. Everyone is so nice. They have a great PTA that has been doing some amazing new projects. They started planting gardens with some of the grades and are hoping to have gardens for all classes and grades for the next year. My daughter loves the school and her teacher. I would definitely recommend this school.

Posted September 17, 2013
My school is peters elementary and they do everything + more to make sure the kids get everything they deserve. The PTA is also very involved and appreciated!

Posted September 16, 2013
I have a child in college, a senior in highschool and twins in the 1st grade at Peters this is the first school that I have seen that the principal opens the car doors for the kids and always greats them with a smile. I love Peters Elementary they really care about the children.

Posted September 15, 2013
My daughter started Kindergarten this year. Before starting at Peters I had asked around. And one of the answers I got was it is not a big school but its like getting a big hug every day. You will not get lost in the shuffle of a big school. My daughters teacher goes above and beyond and I can see that is a trait that others in the school including administration also has. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Peters Elementary School 4

Posted September 11, 2013
it's a great school and wonderful teachers, they're organized a good support team, to help the parents made easy every step for our children........

Posted August 25, 2013
My son went here in second grade, and it was very unpleasant for him. He has ADHD and medicated, so he can be a handful. The teacher was always yelling at him, and telling him not to cry about it, hes "not a baby anymore". He was secluded from the rest of the class and had to sit alone all year, and he was bullied daily, and nothing was done about it. When I spoke with the staff to have him put in a different class, I was told that's imposable because all the other classes are "over capacity". They were too focused on the students that are doing well, and not helping the kids that need it. Unfortunately he is back there for 3rd grade, but we are hoping to move soon to get him in a school that will treat him better.

Peters Elementary School
851 Northwest 68th Avenue, Plantation, FL  33317
Last modified Peters Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Peters Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 77 reviews. Top