706 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted June 21, 2016
They are unorganized and do not communicate to parents well. No curriculum was given to us when we went to the meet and great, the teacher was late.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted June 21, 2016
We are given some homework, but if your child takes longer to do it ans if you are a working parent and you put your child to sleep early you will not have time to finish everything and take your time to teach your child.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted June 21, 2016
I have no idea about that! I do not believe this school has a really positive influence.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 21, 2016
Not all children are treated equally. My husband was not welcome in the school, we felt that did not want a dad in the school. My daughter saw other kids with their Mom having lunch and breakfast and the Mom was able to volunteer in the class. My husband was able to give time to the school and my daughter knows it. So no! not really fair.

Peters Elementary School 2

Posted June 21, 2016
My daughter went to Peters for 2 yrs and our experience there was not great. My husband was not welcome to volunteer or go to breakfast / lunch with our daughter and he does have his Broward county badge. We even send a letter to the principal and she was saying as if no parents should be helping in classrooms, I REALLY THINK THEY COULD USE THE HELP! My husband was only able to observe with a chaperon to our daughter class. Meanwhile other parents are able to participate with the children and have breakfast / lunch with their children. I do not think the teachers are using positive reinforcement when teaching. We are present in our children's life and help them with homework everyday, not all children are that lucky and if a 1st grader is coming to class with his homework not done he needs to move his clip to yellow or whatever color that shoes he is not the best behaved in his class.... This is sad! How can a 1st grader be to blame? When my daughter told me this I was really saddened by the whole thing. Also they really want your kid to read so if your kid is good in math too bad for you! Your kid will read all day and be put in "special" program without telling you. If you want to know what is going on you better ask the right question. I really did not like my experience there... Really sad.

Posted May 21, 2015
The school is currently a C school. If it were graded by my childs "teacher" It should be an F school. New teacher, bad attitude and no patience for teaching. Constantly yells and down talks students instead of encouraging them. 12 out of 19 students in her class are not passing 5th grade. Do not send your kids here.

Peters Elementary School 5

Posted February 06, 2015
My children go to Peters and I could not be happier. My child was struggling a bit and the teacher has helped so much to not only get on grade level but to also exceed the grade level requirement. The other parents and children that I have gotten to know have all been great. I was happy to join the PTA and be able participate and not feel like it was a little clique that I couldn't join. They loved having me and they are always welcoming to new people who want to help make the school better. I love that I can volunteer in my children classes as well. Nice to be able to do that from time to time and experience that with them. I believe in any school the experience you get out of it is what you put into it. Kathy Sedlack is such a great principle as well. She takes the time to get to know all of her students and is very invested in making sure the school is great.

Posted January 09, 2015
if your child has a problem in class they are quick to assume the child has a problem .

Peters Elementary School 5

Posted August 28, 2014
My daughter started Peters Elementary School last year as a Kindergarten student. Her teacher was attentive, nurturing, patient and taught my daughter much more than I even anticipated! The school staff are attentive - you'll never drive thru the drop off without seeing our principal, Kathy Sedlack, standing right there guiding students and parents in the correct direction! The staff is amazing - it's a really strong sense of community and the parents are involved. I couldn't wait to start first grade this year! GREAT SCHOOL!!

Posted August 21, 2014
I registered my son on the first day of school and the staff gave me a very hard time about me living wtih my mother they wanted a paper notarized the same day just so he can start despite the fact that I had all other proof of residency paperwork I asked that they let me please notarize the form at a later time so my son could not miss school. The staff in the office was horrible unwilling to help and understand my situation. One staff member even stated it was either Ms. Howe or Ms.Hawkins " the post office is open now." I called downtown district headquarters and my son was enrolled because a VP called the principal himself and asked that I be enrolled. I appreciated that the principal walked us to the class she was very nice and I have watched her be in the fore front all week. I will say this is just my initial reaction to dealing with this school. I will definitely do another rating as the school year progresses.

851 Northwest 68th Avenue, Plantation, FL  33317
Last modified Peters Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.