Posted August 18, 2014
My daughter has been at PPE since Kindergarten and we will be a departing 5th grader this year. We feel so privileged to have been a part of the PPE "family". This school has the most wonderful academic and social program not to mention the amazing staff. Ms. Gittleman is an outstanding principal who knows every child in her school! My daughter has been a part of every aspect of this school, including the Chorus, ran by Mrs. Greggs who is so wonderful with her students and truly LOVES what she does. I could not have put my daughter through a better elementary school and I know because of PPE she will be ready for middle school. = ) Thanks to all of you.

Posted August 15, 2014
I have one child that is middle school student and graduated from PPE in 2013 and I have a current 5th grader. My middle school child was fully prepared for the intensity of middle school and my 5th grader has excelled beyond our own expectations! The staff goes above and beyond for each student and fully meets all students academic, social, and emotional needs. Plantation Park is not our neighborhood school and our family was privileged to have our children attend PPE through the reassignment offered.

Plantation Park Elementary School 3

Posted June 06, 2014
We've only been here a year and so far it seems like a pretty good school. I am disappointed in the current grade but hope that improves soon. When we moved into this neighborhood, when our kids were tiny, it was an A school and is now a C.

Posted April 25, 2014
PPE has a great staff, strong academic focus, and warm family-friendly atmosphere. It is a well-kept secret gem of a school! My child loved being in VPK, Kindergarten and 1st grade programs, sign language and chess clubs, chorus and orchestra, elocution contests, make-your-own-instrument contests, Field Days, Art shows, Reading Across Broward, and WOWL morning news team. Whenever my child had a problem either socially or academically, teachers notified me immediately and steps were taken to correct it. I am very sad she is leaving after 7 years. The award-winning Chorus recently performed the national anthem for a Florida Marlins baseball game and the school won first place this year in the Plantation Spelling Bee. The PTA and chorus booster club do a fantastic job supporting the school/music program and building community. Administration is professional, warm and caring. My child and I both love PPE!

Posted April 23, 2014
This is a great school. It has a wonderful principal and a truly fantastic music teacher. It is a small school and so it has a family atmosphere that is so lacking in the other elementary schools around this area. The school is a hidden gem. The test scores are the result of manipulation from the State Department of Education and not from what goes on in the school.

Posted August 13, 2012
My son attended PPE for 2 years and I couldn't have been happier with the staff there. It's a pretty small school (I believe they have around 500 students) and I really loved that all the specials teachers and office staff knew my child's name. My son's teachers truly cared about him and you could see that they actually enjoyed being at work every day. The work was challenging for my child and he loved going to school each day.

Posted June 21, 2012
My son has been at the school for 3 years now, since Kindergarten and I couldn't be happier with the school. The Pricincipal, Ms. Gittelman, and the AP Ms. V have fostered a culture of academics, social responsibility and respect. From meeting the students and parents at drop off each morning, to the open door policy, the school administration goes above and beyond. This is a family friendly neighborhood school with a focus on the well rounded development of the child. The administration, teachers and support staff do a great job with the kids. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted October 10, 2011
I moved here from Florida at the end of the school year with a 2nd grader (my grandson) who was very angry and who could not read. He hated school because of the the experiences he had previously in school. This school was wonderful with both he and his younger sister in Kindergarten they barely had 2 1/2 months left of school but a volunteer started tutoring them in reading and math. By the time school was ready to start the following year in 3rd my grandson was happy to go to school he actually likes school and is learning to read and so is my 1st grader. This school has accomplished in 5 months what KY schools could not in 3 years. The staff and teachers love the students and truly care about their wellbeing and education. I am hating that I am having to move from this school I only hope that I will find the same in our new school but the house we are buying is not in this zone :( sign me sad grandmother

Posted October 12, 2009
I love Plantation Park Elementary School. Its like a family. The staff really cares about your children.

Posted October 11, 2009

Plantation Park Elementary School
875 Southwest 54th Avenue, Plantation, FL  33317
Last modified Plantation Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Plantation Park Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top