538 students|Broward
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

I just love this school! The teachers, administrators, office staff, etc. etc. I feel fortunate to be a part of this special environment. Happy 50th PPE! Glad to be a part of it!
October 17, 2016

Bad
Good

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted October 17, 2016

Plantation Park has provided my children with positive and enriching experiences. From the music progam to their enrichment clubs, my children have grown academically and been challenged to improve in all areas. Although it had been rated a "C" school in the past, the teachers and staff remained constant in their efforts to support and educate my children. This "A" rated school is a special place where children receive a quality education, from people who care.

This school is amazing. It is our third year here with a second grader and now a kindergartener. We are very pleased. If we ever have an issue, no matter how big or small, there is always someone we can talk to. From the principal at the front gate every morning, to teacher availability and wonderful Ms. Spect in the front office. There are so many wonderful ways to get involved and many wonderful programs to support the children. The PTA is very involved and does so many fun events throughout the year. We especially love the enrichment clubs, Family Fun Day and Fall Festival. Both of my sons have excelled at PPE and have gained a new interest in and excitement for learning. We love this school.

PPE is and Amazing environment for children and families. I can not express how wonderful this school is for so many reasons. This is my sons first year at this school (3rd grade). We have attended other schools in the area.but none of them felt right. I know it's still early in the year but I can say he is excited to go to school,more eager to learn and wants to be involved in school activities. this school is so welcoming.Everyone is happy, parents,staff students. The programs that PPE offer are fantastic,the parent involvements is outstanding. I have yet to see such an Incredible place for children to learn and grow. We are looking forward to some great years and memories at PPE!

My daughter has been at PPE since Kindergarten and we will be a departing 5th grader this year. We feel so privileged to have been a part of the PPE "family". This school has the most wonderful academic and social program not to mention the amazing staff. Ms. Gittleman is an outstanding principal who knows every child in her school! My daughter has been a part of every aspect of this school, including the Chorus, ran by Mrs. Greggs who is so wonderful with her students and truly LOVES what she does. I could not have put my daughter through a better elementary school and I know because of PPE she will be ready for middle school. = ) Thanks to all of you.

I have one child that is middle school student and graduated from PPE in 2013 and I have a current 5th grader. My middle school child was fully prepared for the intensity of middle school and my 5th grader has excelled beyond our own expectations! The staff goes above and beyond for each student and fully meets all students academic, social, and emotional needs. Plantation Park is not our neighborhood school and our family was privileged to have our children attend PPE through the reassignment offered.

We've only been here a year and so far it seems like a pretty good school. I am disappointed in the current grade but hope that improves soon. When we moved into this neighborhood, when our kids were tiny, it was an A school and is now a C.

PPE has a great staff, strong academic focus, and warm family-friendly atmosphere. It is a well-kept secret gem of a school! My child loved being in VPK, Kindergarten and 1st grade programs, sign language and chess clubs, chorus and orchestra, elocution contests, make-your-own-instrument contests, Field Days, Art shows, Reading Across Broward, and WOWL morning news team. Whenever my child had a problem either socially or academically, teachers notified me immediately and steps were taken to correct it. I am very sad she is leaving after 7 years. The award-winning Chorus recently performed the national anthem for a Florida Marlins baseball game and the school won first place this year in the Plantation Spelling Bee. The PTA and chorus booster club do a fantastic job supporting the school/music program and building community. Administration is professional, warm and caring. My child and I both love PPE!

This is a great school. It has a wonderful principal and a truly fantastic music teacher. It is a small school and so it has a family atmosphere that is so lacking in the other elementary schools around this area. The school is a hidden gem. The test scores are the result of manipulation from the State Department of Education and not from what goes on in the school.

PLANTATION PARK ELEMENTERY SCHOOL IS ONE OF THE BEST SCHOOL BECAUSE THE TEACHER ARE LIKE FAMILY TO ARE CHILDS

Last modified Plantation Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.