Posted November 02, 2014
This school has the International Baccalaureate program, which challenges students to perform at an international standard. A plethora of AP courses are offered, including world history, biology, psychology, human geography, statistics, English language, English literature, Spanish language, calculus, environmental science, and more. The electives at this school have fostered a superior-rated band, a nationally competitive aerospace program, a coding class, learning drafting and design, training in Photoshop, construction, an active HOSA program, there's journalism, culinary, yearbook. There are clubs corresponding to almost all of these classes, as well as clubs for anime, NHS, NAHS (art club), illustration, drama, psychology, gay-straight alliance, student government. There is night school that provides credit recovery for struggling students, and after school classes to help gain additional credits. Even the walls breathe positivity, being covered in colorful murals. Honestly, this school doesn't deserve its bad reputation anymore, if it ever did.

Plantation High School 4

Posted February 17, 2014
This school has something for everyone. It has Journalism,jrotc,culinary,hosa,art, and much more. Most children at this school focus more on their education than who their friends are. And teachers are and guidence counslers are always there to support them.

Posted October 20, 2013
I'm writing an updated review as an alumnus who is over 10 years out. I graduated in '02. So many of my fellow classmates are very successful. In fact, one of them is an international CBS news correspondent, one just graduated from Columbia Law, another is attending Stanford Law, one mixes sound for pop and R&B albums that you listen to on the radio all the time...I could keep going, but I'd run out of space. I'm working on a second career. I just started law school after spending 7 years working in Marketing for the Metropolitan Opera. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that if your child is focused and smart, they are going to do well anywhere. I am a privileged person and my privilege helped me regardless. In fact, Plantation might be better for them because they will be a big fish in a little pond. Also, let's be real here for a sec: the diversity is what scares most [white] parents off. Little Hannah, Madison, and Tyler are going to be fine. If they can't handle themselves at PHS then they need therapy, not private school.

Plantation High School 3

Posted August 01, 2013
My son will be a senior this 2013-2014 school and I have enjoyed these last 2yrs. He went to a well known private school here in Broward County and thousands of dollars later wasn't the least bit impressed. I moved to Plantation and enrolled him the neighborhood high school without knowing much about its reputation. Day 1 I was welcomed with open arms and a smile. There are days when its hectic like any other business, but the staff always strives to do the best. I love and support my Colonels!!!!

Posted May 30, 2012
this school has many contributive factors that promote enriching learning and the school has many appropriate clubs that benefit the student population.

Posted January 04, 2012
Congratulations to Plantation High for having a 2010 graduate win the X Factor and a third place finish in "Survivor." The IB program and AP classes are exemplary! Let's focus on the positive! I live in the community and am proud of this school!

Plantation High School 1

Posted January 02, 2012
Would love to see the statistics on students who were reassigned to another school decided to leave and go to Plantation. Doubt it highly. As a parent walk through the school during school time. Take your blinders off. Me sure you listen to the language being yelled in the school. Heard such vulgar language when kids taking midterms and there isn't supposed to be kids in the hallway. Check your police reports. CBS news did a nice piece on Walmart DONATING a few hundred belts so boys would wear their pants around their waist. Now if that's education leave my kids out. One of my kids attended for two yrs and was accepted to another school a few yrs back. The other was reassigned a yr ago. Thank God!

Posted October 24, 2011
Plantation High is a great high school and I am proud to be a parent who chose my home school rather than re-assigning. Those that did re-assign ended up unhappy and coming back to PHS. The school offers tons of AP classes, special programs such as the Aerospace and IB and lots of clubs, sports and extra curricular activities. My daughter has never had a single issue at this school when others at "better" schools have. There is no reason for anyone zoned for this school to think twice about sending their child to PHS. It is an excellent school. It has been rated 1 of the best high schools in the US by Newsweek Magazine year after year. Stay in Plantation and support your home school.

Plantation High School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
The accomplishments that Plantation High School have earned,in the past,have given me the desire to help my school succeed in the future.

Plantation High School 0

Posted January 27, 2009
I am a freshmen at Plantation High, and it is not that bad. I know many people who go there, and I am never bothered or bullied in school for any reason. My teachers all care very much about my grade as well as me as an individual. The extracurricular activities the school offers are very extensive, and I have had a fairly good experience at this school so far.

Plantation High School
6901 Northwest 16th Street, Plantation, FL  33313
Last modified Plantation High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Plantation High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top