557 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My daughter has been attending mirror lake elementary school since kindergarten and she is now in 2nd grade. She has shown improvement each year in spelling, reading and writing, along with math. Mrs Veliz, the principal and Ms Rosa the vice principal are amazing, always involved and really show they care with their proactive approach to the students and parents.

The Principal, teachers and staff truly care about having the students learn while enjoying school. It makes a huge difference to know that my child is in good hands. I love the fun activities the school had this year and cannot wait to see what else is to come.

My grandson has attended Mirror Lakes since K-3. Nicely kept secret of our neighborhood. New principal this past year had implemented various new activities, and focused much of her time on the children's safety. Under the direction of the Art teacher, the school performed a full musical (Aladin) and will working on Lion King next year.

The new principal has turned this school around. We have parental involvement. Everyone is very happy there and my child loves to go to school. Thank you, Mrs. Veliz for turning this school around and making it a great place for learning!!!

This school does not encourage parental involvement in the classrooms. Teachers do not have holiday parties, classroom volunteers, field trips, or author's teas (where parents are actually invited to come in and hear their kids read and not just the administration). They say they want parental involvement, but what they mean is don't come into our classrooms. My son was scared and never really supported at the school. They have Montessori in K but my son's teacher did not really moving the kids along with the lessons and she did not teach reading (K is a foundational grade for reading development). I was highly disappointed with the school.

Great school ! My son's teacher got him the help he needed and he is thriving now.Nice environment , friendly staff.Good job, Mirror Lake elementary!

My two children attend Mirrror Lake Elementary.It is a small school ,they know the children by name.The teachers care about the kids and my children are learning.They have some nice special programs .I am so glad my children go to Mirror Lake Elementatry.

They have the best teachers teaching the Special Ed. Mrs Taz, Mrs Bedrossi, The best....

Mirror Lake Elementary is a fantastic school! The teachers and staff do an amazing job to meet the needs of each individual child. My chilrdren thrived while they were in attendance and loved every minute of there time spent in the school!

I have a third grader and a pre-k student attending MLE this year. My eight year old has been at MLE since she was five years old and I have absolutely fallen in love with MLE as an educational institution. However, I have noticed this year to be different from any other year in my experiences at MLE. My daughter is now in the High Achievers program and she is no longer as independent as she has been.

Last modified Mirror Lake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.