No rating

The Blake School

Private | PK-8 | 130 students

We are best known for loving environment.

Living in Plantation

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $55,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,010.

Posted May 31, 2014

I have completed another year at this school, and still, what a wonderful little school! Enrollment was up this year with even more children from across the world. At one of our picnics we found out 25 countries were represented here and 5 of the 7 continents. I can't say enough about their music and art programs or P.E. everyday! The class sizes are small, so every child gets special attention. From my observation and experience, the children that may need extra support are integrated within their classes. Teachers can only do so much, I think. Parents have to put work on their end as well.

Posted July 27, 2013

I have two sons and The Blake School, one is in 6th grade and the other one he is going to high school this year in Fall. I like the way this school prepares their students. I recommended it ....

Posted October 2, 2012

My family and I moved down from Delaware this year and had a very hard time finding a school that challenged our children while still giving them a small, controlled, safe, and nurturing environment. So far, the Blake School has exceeded my expectations. The classroom is based on classical methods that have already broadened my children's knowledge, sense of self, and sense of the world around them. I highly recommend it.

Posted January 8, 2011

I love this school and feel very lucky to have found it. I have two boys enrolled, in 1st grade and preschool. The 1st grade teacher, who is also one of the owners, is just amazing. My usually hyper child is flourishing under her care. The academics is very advance but presented in a way that is inviting to the kids and makes them want to learn more. There are many activities for the students throughout the day including PE, chorus, art, science lab and computer lab. My younger son just started preschool and is also enjoying his Montessori classroom. All the teachers and faculty are very nice, approachable, friendly and helpful. The whole school feels like one big family.

Posted September 17, 2010

This is an amazing little school! My daughter has attended two of the top schools around (at considerably higher cost), and Blake has, in my opinion, a superior academic program. I don't know of any other place where a 6th grader can get two languages, public speaking, the full range of enrichments, and an advanced academic curriculum that will result in high school credits when completing 8th grade. To top it off, it's a warm, nurturing environment. The teachers are outstanding, really engage the kids, and make learning fun. I can't say enough about Blake, and my daughter loves it there. I wish we'd found it a couple years sooner!

Posted July 23, 2009

My son has been going to this school for 4 years. The teachers are all very kind and care very much about the student's achievement. I love this school and highly recommend it to any parent that. The recently posted the SAT scores for all the grades and they all achieved way above their grade level.

Posted April 28, 2009

After trying another private school for 2 years and being totally dissatisfied with the program, I home schooled my daughter and son for 2 years. It was a great experience but I had to return them to school for work reasons. I looked at many different private schools before selecting The Blake School. I have not regretted my choice since. My kids enjoy small classes with lots of individual attention. Their academic growth has met all of my expectations. They consistently test 1-3 grade levels above their current grade. My oldest is leaving for high school and has been well prepared. She has been allowed to succeed in a nuturing environment which has left her confident and an intact self esteem. I recommend this school to everyone.

Posted April 28, 2009

I have 4 children that have attended The Blake School. They all started at 3 years old. Two graduataed 8th grade and two are still enrolled. I can only say great things about this school. My children have received the very best education possible as well as being in a safe, loving, family environment.

Posted November 20, 2008

I have two middle school children at the Blake School. Our family loves the Blake School! The warm, supportive family environment has created a school of children who excel academically, are very well adjusted and are confident in themselves and their abilities. The teachers are engaged and committed to all of the students and the administration is exceptional. The Blake School is a wonderful place - it truly is a place where children matter.

Posted November 12, 2008

The best kept secret in Broward County. I have 2 students attending the Blake School since they were 3 & 4 years old. They are now 5th & 4th graders. The family environment at the Blake School is the exactly what every students deserves and needs. Additionally, the curriculum is at least 2 years ahead of the public school system. I rate this student a 5 star.

Posted September 18, 2008

I would not recommend this school. We had a very bad experience with the teacher and the owners. My child needed a little more support then the other students and they preferred not to let him back to school. They gave me no warning and I only had two weeks to find another school. There was no communication or explanation by the director/owner at any time. No one tried to help or give us guidence or support for my child. Beside the fact that it is way to expensive, I do not give this school any stars.

Posted November 13, 2007

My daughter has attended the school for 5 years. She has become a confident and well rounded young girl. She is very bright and the teachers here keep her challenged at all times. The music program is the best in the area and the Art, PE and Spanish is fantastic. I highly reccommend this school!

Posted December 19, 2005

My 9 yr. old son has attended The Blake School since he was 3 yrs. old. I love this school. All the teachers are very good at their jobs. The principal is also the 3rd grade teacher and she is the best. She is stern but loving. The Blake School has a way of getting all the kids to excell and not realize it. My son really loves it there.

Posted November 3, 2004

I love the Blake school preschool. It is a very nurturing place, where children can grow at their own pace, and are encouraged to be individuals.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

Teacher resources

Foreign languages spoken by school staff French
Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

School start time
  • 8:30
School end time
  • 3:00
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
Associations
  • NIPSA
Fax number
  • (954) 584-6820

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Montessori