2,379 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Our school is the best of the best. You should know that in the school we have GREAT!!! atmosphere and security. The staff is very helpful and drive to make our kids strive for the best.They have tutoring FREE. After school programs, sports, band, cheerleading, baseball, football, JROTC and more.The kids will NEVER be bored if they are involved. My son is a 2015 senior and has been in the school since 9th grade. Our experience has been FANTASTIC and wouldn't change it for nothing. He has been involved in Lacrosse, JROTC and DECCA (Marketing club) for all the years his been there and I am very please with all the opportunities. My son has been able to travel to Orlando, Atlanta, Kentucky and all over the state to other schools to compete with the JROTC, DECCA and LAX, and what kid does not enjoy those trips without mom close. But the have been incredible and very helpful for him. Here in SOUTH they will learn that leadership skills and drive they need to succeed in college, life or whatever they go. Volunteer your time to the school and support the sports you will never regret it. Get moving and apply for the Magnet Program or regular school you will love it.Become a PROUD PALLADIN!

I am an alumni of SPHS, and I look back at my high school experience with NOTHING but PRIDE! I loved my school, and am proud to say where I came from. I was in the Magnet Program, on the Yearbook Staff, and was an Honors/AP student. I had friends go on to Ivy League colleges, and I ended up with 8/8 college acceptances and 7 scholarship offers. My teachers were excellent, and I knew that they cared about me not only as a student, but also as a human being. I only had a textbook issue in one class, and it's because the textbook we used was no longer being printed. The issue was resolved within a few weeks, and my teacher worked very hard to solve it. I felt very comfortable there, and miss it often. I see people bashing the school on here, and I don't think it's fair: I never had a teacher during my four years at South refuse to help me, or do anything to stop me from getting the best education they could provide. My teachers always gave us the tools and chances to get good grades, and were very supportive, even to the students who were disrespectful and disruptive (as it should be). If your student puts in hard work, and stays out of trouble, South is an amazing place to be.

South Plantation's teachers and administrators do an excellent job preparing their students, including the special needs program at the school for the deaf/hard of hearing students. Great programs for: Drama, Sports, Horticulture, science-based Magnet program, honors programs, JROTC. Any level student who is interested in learning will benefit.

This school is great if you are white. The students in honors and the magnet program get to take books home. The rest of the students(regular students) do not get books to take home. They throw all the regular students into classes of 40 or more with all kinds of behavioral issues. The school has some great teachers that would love to be able to teach these students but are afraid to say anything for fear of being bullied by administration and believe me they bully worse than any student. The administration does not like teachers that try to tell the ytruth about what goes on there. The saving graces in this school are the drama program, horticulture program and the JROTC programs. These three programs are outstanding. They also have a great sports program that accepts all students. As far as academics the only students that are being educated are the magnet and honors core classes. The teachers in these programs look down their noses at the regular students and make fun of them to their students. I am writing this because I no longer am controlled by the administration, I quit, they can no longer hurt me. I just hope that someone will read this and do something.

My son is graduatig South Plantation High School this year in their Magnet Program. Have been every satisfied with the school,it's teachers,Brace Advisor,staff. I feel he was fortunate to have an A rated education. Great security presesnce also.

I am not please with this school. There are not enough text books in the classroom, and there are many "undesirables" who are there just to be there. Unless, you are in advanced or magnet program, children do not learn. The discipline is very poor. It's too bad, because most of the teachers are phenomenal. It's also too bad that the teens who don't want to learn and disrespect are not removed to a different setting to allow

South Plantation is not the school that it used to be the Character of the school has gone way down. And I would let my other children go there. There are a bunch of bullies there and the Principal turns his head. This school is on the same lever as Dilliard high Awful

i like my school and i would recomend this school to students who are serious about their learning

It has the best theatre department around and I am very fortunate to have been a part of it for three years....

This is a school with great teachers and the students have awesome school spirit.

Last modified South Plantation High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.