Central Park Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 1098 students

Posted June 13, 2014

Central Park has been a fantastic experience for the entire family. The kids are challenged academically, the faculty is always there for us and my kids are becoming well rounded and responsible individuals. My son ended up at CPE in second grade after going to a private school for a year and a charter for a year. I was afraid of him getting "lost in the shuffle". This NEVER happened. In a school of over 1000 kids, I feel that the staff treats our family as if we are part of their family. Central Park is the best and if you are zoned for it, you MUST take advantage of the school. Don't experiment with the other elementary schools. Save your money and enjoy the experience! Andi S.

Posted June 9, 2014

My son came to Central Park Elementary about 2 years ago from a private school. needless to say i was not happy with a system that cares only about your fat check at the end of the month. i wouldnt mind paying if it was worth the money., but this particular private school did not deliver what they promise. Had I known how an amazing place I would find in cpe, I would have been in Central Park Elementary a long time before. It is an amazing school with amazing staff with unbelievably big absolutely big heart for a principal. The principal in Central Park Elementary miss Coleman, is an intelligent, mother figure, educator, Sirious, caring, and above all a super trooper, a real super trooper. She never ignores any parent who would come to talk to her or set an appointment. she would always return phone calls, she would always take problems and matters to the core and all the way to the best solving of it. There's no wonder this school is rated A. It deserves all the credits in the world. I highly recommend this school. If you wish to have your child in a safe, clean, intelligent , caring place , you definitely send him or her to that school.

Posted February 11, 2014

This is a great school,my son started this school since first grade now his on third, he has friends from other schools and they are nowhere near his academic level, he does math and reading without no hesitation and i can say the same about his friends that are in this school, as a matter of fact some of the parents that had their kids in other school move to Central Park boundaries to get their kids in it, the great part is thelat this is a public school and parents who know about this school will do anything to get their children here, teachers here seem to love their job and the children seem to be happy with the way they are tought.

Posted January 3, 2014

This is a great school with dynamic parent involvement. The PTA works very hard on supporting the school with academic programs and incentives, and raising money to purchase technology. My child's last school she attended only had two people running their PTA. It was very disappointing that more parents did not want to get involved. My child was slightly below level when entering Central Park and she has made tremendous progress in the last year and a half at the school, because her teachers expect her to achieve at her optimal level. Her teacher is in constant communication with all the parents on how we can work together as a team at school and home. I highly recommend this school to any parent.

Posted October 3, 2013

My daughter is now in 3rd grade this year. Kindergarten was great but it went downhill from there, ever since the apartments across the street opened up to hud housing and now their children go to school there. My child has dealt with a few of these problem kids and I have about had it. Not too mention, the teachers are nothing special. 2nd grade was a complete waste. I'm now spending 7,000 at a Huntington learning center to remediate her on all the core skills that were not taught. I'm beyond angry with this school.

Posted September 26, 2013

I have been using Great Schools website for a few years now so I could get help deciding where I want my daughter to attend school. I wanted a strong academic school, and from the reviews, Central Park seamed to be the right choice. I think the school, is like any other public school, all the academics are on the same pace. The staff seem to be very helpful and friendly (except for the blow horns). My daughter has not had any problems making new friends. Really its about you the Parent. I do think that Central Park has more Parent Volunteers than I have seen at other schools. Thats what really will make the difference.

Posted May 28, 2013

This school is fantastic. the teachers work hard and I have been thrilled with all especially the 2nd grade gifted teacher. There was a problem student that she handled firmly and kept it from distracting the other children or hindering their education. This year, this child has been a difficult subject for the other kids to handle as the 3rd grade teacher does not have as much "life experience" The teachers are caring and encourage the children to learn. I think parents would be more involved if there was more organization.

Posted May 1, 2013

This is a school that has tremendous potential. The parents are extremely involved. The new principal is an energetic and intelligent lady. There is a large number of very bright children at this school. The problem is the quality of the teachers. The teachers are unmotivated. They believe in doing as little as possible. They only care about preparing kids for the FCAT. My child wants to learn. We provide as much stimulation as possible in our home. Yet we feel we should reach out to our teacher for assistance and guidance. She does not want to do it! I find it incredible that she feels comfortable saying no! We have asked our teacher to please recommend more challeging books for our child to read. She says she does not know of any. We have explained to her that our child is interested in learning more advanced math. She does not care. In a way I blame the administration for this. If teachers were held to a higher standard, they wouldn't have this attitude. My wish for this school is for them to hire better teachers. People who love what they do. As far as the ones that are already there, the administration needs to expect more, not just FCAT readiness.

Posted March 13, 2013

I would like to know who report a bad teacher from last year (march 8 2012), I have a similar situation and would like to know if it's the same. Thank you

Posted January 31, 2013

My child is in the gifted program at this school. The teacher he has has a life long like of being a teacher, and shows it in everything she does in the class. as she said " All projects will be done in my classroom, they are for the students to learn and not for the parents to learn. I do not care how great they look but about what the students learn from them." My son is in third grade and starting geometry due to the teachers at this school AND THE ASSISTANT PRINCIPLE takes an active interest in any problems that have come up over the three years he has been there. Year one was not gifted and was just as good and year three. I will say I was very disappointed in the 2nd grade gifted teacher my son had. AND we had many conferences, But the assistant principle did solve the issues and come up with alternate solutions to help my son. VERY HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL !!

Posted July 18, 2012

I truly believe that the teachers at this school show tireless dedication in guiding our students' minds and futures. Their helping hands provide them not only with intellect but inspiration as well. I applaud them and they are the reason this school has been an "A" school for over 12 years now.

Posted July 25, 2011

Excellent school, so everyone wants to attend. School may want to have eligibility verified by someone unfamiliar with parents. (Except re-assignments or children of hard-working educators) despite what may be submitted on paper, movement out of school boundary exists. K carpool needs someone assertive, with loud voice on mega phone to keep it moving like main carpool. Less kids exiting from K gate would avert little 5 year olds from navigating through narrow path inches away from slow moving traffic. Hope this is safety issue is improved for 2011-12 shool year.

Posted November 3, 2009

Central Park is a great school..with wonderful parents, staff and students. Its rated an A school for academics and the school 'shines' because of that.

Posted August 4, 2009

My son went there for one year and I thought he did very well and he was socialized very well.

Posted May 11, 2008

Great teachers. Horrible ESE!

Posted April 14, 2008

it is a great school for pk 1;2;3;4;5

Posted June 13, 2007

I am an elementary school teacher in Broward and I could take my daughter to school with me. I don't because we love, and she does also, her school. We live with relatives but we're looking to move, and we're looking for a home within the schools boundaries, as we don't want to change her school. She won an art award and the principal couldn't make it, but the assistant principal did come and make sure to speak to us, and invite us to see our daughter on the morning news.

Posted June 6, 2007

Amazing school with amazing teachers. Principal is very stand off-ish, but the Assistant Principal is very approachable and nice. My 3 children have all had an amazing education here. It is a safe, clean school with excellent parent involvement. We need a middle and high school like it!

Posted May 24, 2007

Awesome school. Well-run. Talented teachers. I have 2 children here and wish the middle school and high school could be equivalent. The only way this school could improve is if they overhauled the food in the cafeteria (still not as healthy as they claim) and give the kids more time to exercise. I think the FCAT prep is taking up too much time. Otherwise, it has exceeded my expectations.

Posted March 30, 2007

This is a great school. The teachers are nice, guidance counselors, etc..

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

204 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

204 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

167 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

167 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

163 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

171 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

172 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

172 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

185 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2012-2013

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 0%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

777 North Nob Hill Road