Posted November 23, 2014
I am grateful for the teachers and Staff ant CPE. It is my daughters 1st year at the school but the experience we have had in her last school left me frightened to stay in the public school arena in Broward County. Unfortunately (or fortunately because we are part of the CPE family now) I could not afford private school and I can say honestly I wish every school was run as well and with as much care as CPE. It is the best place for any child.

Central Park Elementary School 2

Posted October 31, 2014
I currently have 3 children attending Central Park and I can honestly say that I am not impressed. The administration is disgusting!! They are incompetent, rude, invasive, and slow to respond. The teachers are hit or miss. Some are wonderful, caring, and extremely competent. Others are tragic mess!! Also, as one parent has already pointed out. Horrible ESE! If you have a bright child that is capable of learning at an accelerated pace don't expect his/her needs to be met at this school. Bottom line you get what you pay for, and this is a "free" public school. On a slightly separate note if you are looking to make the most of your experience at Central Park you should do the following: volunteer every spare moment of your life, get involved with the PTA, donate as much money as humanly possibly, become a room parent every single year, and of course help raise money. Failure to do the above mentioned items pretty much guarantees that the administration will put minimal effort in meeting the needs of your child.

Posted June 13, 2014
Central Park has been a fantastic experience for the entire family. The kids are challenged academically, the faculty is always there for us and my kids are becoming well rounded and responsible individuals. My son ended up at CPE in second grade after going to a private school for a year and a charter for a year. I was afraid of him getting "lost in the shuffle". This NEVER happened. In a school of over 1000 kids, I feel that the staff treats our family as if we are part of their family. Central Park is the best and if you are zoned for it, you MUST take advantage of the school. Don't experiment with the other elementary schools. Save your money and enjoy the experience! Andi S.

Posted June 09, 2014
My son came to Central Park Elementary about 2 years ago from a private school. needless to say i was not happy with a system that cares only about your fat check at the end of the month. i wouldnt mind paying if it was worth the money., but this particular private school did not deliver what they promise. Had I known how an amazing place I would find in cpe, I would have been in Central Park Elementary a long time before. It is an amazing school with amazing staff with unbelievably big absolutely big heart for a principal. The principal in Central Park Elementary miss Coleman, is an intelligent, mother figure, educator, Sirious, caring, and above all a super trooper, a real super trooper. She never ignores any parent who would come to talk to her or set an appointment. she would always return phone calls, she would always take problems and matters to the core and all the way to the best solving of it. There's no wonder this school is rated A. It deserves all the credits in the world. I highly recommend this school. If you wish to have your child in a safe, clean, intelligent , caring place , you definitely send him or her to that school.

Posted February 11, 2014
This is a great school,my son started this school since first grade now his on third, he has friends from other schools and they are nowhere near his academic level, he does math and reading without no hesitation and i can say the same about his friends that are in this school, as a matter of fact some of the parents that had their kids in other school move to Central Park boundaries to get their kids in it, the great part is thelat this is a public school and parents who know about this school will do anything to get their children here, teachers here seem to love their job and the children seem to be happy with the way they are tought.

Posted January 03, 2014
This is a great school with dynamic parent involvement. The PTA works very hard on supporting the school with academic programs and incentives, and raising money to purchase technology. My child's last school she attended only had two people running their PTA. It was very disappointing that more parents did not want to get involved. My child was slightly below level when entering Central Park and she has made tremendous progress in the last year and a half at the school, because her teachers expect her to achieve at her optimal level. Her teacher is in constant communication with all the parents on how we can work together as a team at school and home. I highly recommend this school to any parent.

Central Park Elementary School 2

Posted October 03, 2013
My daughter is now in 3rd grade this year. Kindergarten was great but it went downhill from there, ever since the apartments across the street opened up to hud housing and now their children go to school there. My child has dealt with a few of these problem kids and I have about had it. Not too mention, the teachers are nothing special. 2nd grade was a complete waste. I'm now spending 7,000 at a Huntington learning center to remediate her on all the core skills that were not taught. I'm beyond angry with this school.

Central Park Elementary School 4

Posted September 26, 2013
I have been using Great Schools website for a few years now so I could get help deciding where I want my daughter to attend school. I wanted a strong academic school, and from the reviews, Central Park seamed to be the right choice. I think the school, is like any other public school, all the academics are on the same pace. The staff seem to be very helpful and friendly (except for the blow horns). My daughter has not had any problems making new friends. Really its about you the Parent. I do think that Central Park has more Parent Volunteers than I have seen at other schools. Thats what really will make the difference.

Posted May 28, 2013
This school is fantastic. the teachers work hard and I have been thrilled with all especially the 2nd grade gifted teacher. There was a problem student that she handled firmly and kept it from distracting the other children or hindering their education. This year, this child has been a difficult subject for the other kids to handle as the 3rd grade teacher does not have as much "life experience" The teachers are caring and encourage the children to learn. I think parents would be more involved if there was more organization.

Central Park Elementary School 3

Posted May 01, 2013
This is a school that has tremendous potential. The parents are extremely involved. The new principal is an energetic and intelligent lady. There is a large number of very bright children at this school. The problem is the quality of the teachers. The teachers are unmotivated. They believe in doing as little as possible. They only care about preparing kids for the FCAT. My child wants to learn. We provide as much stimulation as possible in our home. Yet we feel we should reach out to our teacher for assistance and guidance. She does not want to do it! I find it incredible that she feels comfortable saying no! We have asked our teacher to please recommend more challeging books for our child to read. She says she does not know of any. We have explained to her that our child is interested in learning more advanced math. She does not care. In a way I blame the administration for this. If teachers were held to a higher standard, they wouldn't have this attitude. My wish for this school is for them to hire better teachers. People who love what they do. As far as the ones that are already there, the administration needs to expect more, not just FCAT readiness.

Central Park Elementary School
777 North Nob Hill Road, Plantation, FL  33324
Last modified Central Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Central Park Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top