American Heritage School

Private | PK-12 | 1616 students

Living in Plantation

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $86,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,350.

Sweep tile

Posted February 5, 2014

My children have attended American Heritage since lower school. They had a wonderful experience and now as upper school students are well prepared for college.

Posted February 5, 2014

As a parent of two graduates of AHS, I could not be happier with the school. My girls learned responsibility, organization in addition to having been exposed to the a rigorous curriculum. The extra-curricular activities are beyond what you will find at any other high school in the area.

Posted February 5, 2014

American Heritage School is a very unique place. Both of my children are happy there and they are very different children. It is nice to find one place where they can both be challenged and where they can both participate in the activities they love. The school provides students with so many opportunities. The only problem is choosing which things to do!

Posted January 16, 2014

It is all about money at this school. Not worth the money. The student/teacher ratio is too high for the thousands of dollars that it cost.

Posted December 3, 2012

As a parent of two children at AHS (grades 6 and 4), I have found the teachers and staff to be both firm and fair. My children's teachers have been understanding of children in general while encouraging them to continue to grow as students and as people. I am confident that by the time my children graduate from AHS they will be prepared for the rigors of college.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted October 25, 2012

I am a parent of an American Heritage graduate and a member of the faculty. I can honestly say I could never find a better place to work and you will never find a better school for your child. Where else could you find a school that is outstanding in academics, fine arts, and athletics; all three areas are tops. Everyone who works here truly cares about the best for every child. My child was a success in college and is a success as an adult, and I can attribute much of that success to American Heritage. Enrolling in this school is like joining a family.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted October 9, 2012

Having three children, it is difficult to find a school that can meet the needs of three very different personalities with very different strengths and challenges. We chose American Heritage for our children because they promised they could meet the needs of all of our children, and they have made good on their promise! Our children are happy and well-rounded. We are very pleased with American Heritage and would recommend this school without reservation.

Posted October 9, 2012

I have been a parent at American Heritage for 10 years . My experience as well as my children's has been phenomenal. The level of academics and fine arts that the children are not only exposed to,but encourage to participate in are exceptional. We feel very blessed to be part of the Heritage family and look forward to many more successful years with this school.

Posted October 8, 2012

I have been a parent at AHS for the last 10 years. AHS's excellent teachers, strong academics, and challenging curriculum have provided my children with an outstanding top education. Their superior program in the arts, such as the orchestra has given my children the opportunity to belong to an award winning fine arts program, while developing strong leadership qualities. My children look forward to joining the Pre-Med and Pre-Engineering Pre-Professional programs, to continue with their community service organizations, and many of their wonderful clubs. As a parent you want to give your children the best. There is no doubt in my mind that AHS is the best school for my children. We are truly happy and very proud to belong to such an amazing and wonderful school.

Posted June 19, 2012

I am a graduate of AHS and I can honestly say that my experience at the school was amazing. I started in 6th grade and graduated in 2006. The teachers were phenomenal. I believe that this school pushes its students to do their best and really nurtures talent and a love for academics. I felt incredibly well prepared for college. I wish I could've started earlier and had my elementary education here. I definitely preferred my private school education, than my public school experience. I was never an athletic student, but I made the best of my time at school by getting involved with yearbook and various clubs. The student body was diverse and friendly. I love this school, the teachers definitely inspired me, and always remember my years here fondly.

Posted June 6, 2012

American Heritage refuses to release my graduating daughter's academic transcripts, thereby preventing her from applying for admission to university. I have had 5 of my children attend the American Heritage since 2006. Now, in June 2012, after my daughter already graduated, the school has refused to release her transcripts, thereby preventing her from attending university, even though her tuition has been paid in full. Since, a balance remains on the tuition bills of her two younger brothers, American Heritage refuses to release her transcript unless and until the bills of her siblings are paid in full. I offered to pay the remaining balance for the two boys ($5,000) within 2 weeks, but the school business office in Delray Beach refuses to release my daughter's transcript. Instead, the school's business office sent me today a credit card authorization form, for the entire $5,000 balance, for immediate payment. It is hard to believe that this so called college preparatory school is purposefully preventing a graduate from attending college or university

Posted May 29, 2012

Not all shiny objects are gold. Very expensive and don't get your bang for your thousands of bucks.

Posted May 25, 2011

My son has been a student for over six years at the school. I couldn't be happier. The teachers, staff, and other families are all very helpful.

Posted June 12, 2010

I am a proud parent of a recent American Heritage graduate. My daughter entered this school her freshman year of high school; and during these past four years I had the pleasure of seeing her develop into a strong, witty, and compassionate young lady. American Heritage provides an environment that not only nurtures, but instills a strong sense of academia in our children. I highly recommend this school to every parent who wants to see their child/children be happy and successful in their own right.

Posted May 1, 2010

I am a proud parent of American Heritage School graduates. Both our son s are now in College. I have has no complaint and would recommend Heritage to anyone, loved the six years my kids spent at American Heritage. So if you are seeking an outstanding school with a serious academic program you will find it there at (AHS).

Posted February 13, 2009

I LOVE THIS SCHOOL! This is my first year at American heritage and I have never been happier. The academics are exceptional, the faculty have excellent teaching skills, and the extra curriculars are phenomonal. I adore the school.
—Submitted by a student

Posted November 19, 2008

I am a parent of three children. One Academy and two Heritage. Remember: no school is completely perfect however, this is a unique program that truly offers anything and everything to help prepare our children for the next step in life. Two of my kids have gone on to college from Heritage and the Academy and were so prepared I never worried about their freshman college year. In fact, the standard answer from them and their school friends has been 'first year in college has been a review of high school' and 'it's so easy in college'. I have one more to go and I know he'll be ready too. Keep in mind that this is an academically challenging program but you get tons of feedback and there are many ways of getting extra help if needed. Stong academics, fine arts and athletics! It's been a great fit for us!

Posted July 30, 2008

My son started last year as a High school Freshman and loved this school! We come from the local public school system and wanted a high level education,with challenging honors and AP classes, and AHS has them as well as excellent, involved teachers that push the students and keep them learning. The sports and band programs are also very fulfilling as are the theater productions and varied extra curricular activities. My son also mentioned that the students were 'nice' and respectful towards each other, so he had a great year there and is happy to go back for his sophomore year! This school has great academic scores and an impressive array of admissions to top-notch universities for their graduating classes...they must be doing something right!

Posted May 22, 2008

My child has been a student at AHS for 3 yrs. She is about to enter her 3rd grade and I have nothing but praise for the teachers, the administrative staff and front office staff. I do agree that the school is very expensive, but I will make all the sacrifices necessary to make sure my child makes it to 12th grade at Heritage. My child is of African Caribbean/ American heritage, but our experiences have been color blind.

Posted May 21, 2008

I started at AHS as a junior mid-year. The students could not have been any nicer or more helpful and my teachers (for the most part) were the greatest. It was difficult to leave all my friends at my old school, but I feel completely at home at Heritage. Additionally, one aspect of Heritage I noticed particularly is that no matter whether a student was going to BCC or Harvard, everyone congratulated each other and seemed sincerely happy for one another. College is highly emphasized at this school, but not necessarily as getting into the best rated school in the country, but instead as getting into the best school for each individual student. The only regret I have is not starting at Heritage earlier.

Asian 5% N/A
Two or more races 5% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab