Plantation, FL
Before care: Yes
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Our school is a well kept secret. We are a small school which caters to the individual needs of children. Our environment is warm, caring and nurturing and provides a high academic integrated Jewish education to children in grades K-5. We have a state of the art computer lab and interactive white boards to provide a high tech environment, as well. I invite you to come and see for yourself, happy, well-educated children.
November 22, 2011

Posted November 28, 2011
Temple Kol Ami has been a fantastic place for our children. Our youngest child is there and our two older children have thrived and become leaders in their middle and high schools. TKAE has a highly competitive and excellent curriculum as well as provides a very warm, loving and supportive environment for each student so they may thrive in today's environment. The administration at the school is extremely knowledgable and take a proactive approach to today's highly competitive and ever-changing academic environment.

Temple Kol Ami Emanu-El Day School 2

Posted August 13, 2009

Temple Kol Ami Emanu-El Day School 0

Posted November 30, 2008
Loving , carrying, warm, accademically perfect! And Jewish too!

Posted October 05, 2008
Early childhood Principal, Miss Norma is the best! She sure runs a tight ship. We LOVE her. We hope to send our son there and remove him from public school . No comparison with the level our daughter achieved after 2 years. Miss Carol and Miss Sandi were her teachers. New Principal, Mrs Weissberg and great new female Rabbi : Cheryl Jacobs in Elementary are prefect match for school ; experienced and passionate. Minor drawback: lack of an actual indoor gym. Physical education 2 days per week could be increased to 4 days, once built. The staff do give 100%

Posted October 03, 2008
As a former parent, I feel the need to express the lack of academics and basic schooling. I am seriously disappointed with the the school in whole. I left there after all the complaints and dissatisfaction. I am actually a parent that stood by and stood up for the establishment. Unfortuately, they have failed me also. I feel this place needs a huge overhaul to actually succeed. Not just new principals. I am at the point of actually putting my kids in public school, as they will probably get a better education there. Not a good place for a Private Jewish education! Go to Posnack if you have the monies.

Posted August 25, 2008
excellent spirit, safe atmosphere, caring teachers, wonderful curriculum, superior facility.

Temple Kol Ami Emanu-El Day School 0

Posted July 09, 2008
I was so surprised to read the negative reviews on this site! I have been at TKAE for a year now and my daughter has thrived! Through small classes individual attention is able to be paid to each child. Two new administrators have been hired this year - Principal Toni Weissberg and Director of Jewish Education Rabbi Jacobs and they are setting the school on a course that can rival any other private school in the area. The PE teacher is no longer the music teacher (!) and the academics follow strictly the Sunshine State Standards. I would 100% recommend the school to anyone.

Posted July 09, 2008
I love this school. The academics are stellar and my children have never been happier. We have been in this community for a long time and my only sadness is that it took us so long to find the Day School.

Posted January 29, 2008

Posted August 21, 2007
Hi, Just found this site because I moved my son out of Kol Ami and wanted to see the reviews of the one I just scheduled him for. It is a very mixed bag about this school. The classes are too small and there are no options about making friends. My son was having a difficult time making friends. There were a few 'trouble makers' in his class and it was never addressed. There is no cafeteria, they eat lunch at their desks, the music teacher is also the p.e. teacher, a poor example of jumping rope and basic skills (of which p.e. was one time a week), the teachers let issues with homework and absences slide, his teacher was not college educated. We were happy with a few areas, like family shabbat. I am sorry to write that this school is not up to a 'private school' standard.

Temple Kol Ami Emanu-El Day School
8200 Peters Road, Plantation, FL  33324
Last modified Temple Kol Ami Emanu-El Day School is a Private school that serves grades K-5
Temple Kol Ami Emanu-El Day School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top