School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Our school is a well kept secret. We are a small school which caters to the individual needs of children. Our environment is warm, caring and nurturing and provides a high academic integrated Jewish education to children in grades K-5. We have a state of the art computer lab and interactive white boards to provide a high tech environment, as well. I invite you to come and see for yourself, happy, well-educated children.
November 22, 2011

Posted November 28, 2011
Temple Kol Ami has been a fantastic place for our children. Our youngest child is there and our two older children have thrived and become leaders in their middle and high schools. TKAE has a highly competitive and excellent curriculum as well as provides a very warm, loving and supportive environment for each student so they may thrive in today's environment. The administration at the school is extremely knowledgable and take a proactive approach to today's highly competitive and ever-changing academic environment.

Posted November 22, 2011
- a school leader

Posted November 30, 2008
Loving , carrying, warm, accademically perfect! And Jewish too!

Posted October 05, 2008
Early childhood Principal, Miss Norma is the best! She sure runs a tight ship. We LOVE her. We hope to send our son there and remove him from public school . No comparison with the level our daughter achieved after 2 years. Miss Carol and Miss Sandi were her teachers. New Principal, Mrs Weissberg and great new female Rabbi : Cheryl Jacobs in Elementary are prefect match for school ; experienced and passionate. Minor drawback: lack of an actual indoor gym. Physical education 2 days per week could be increased to 4 days, once built. The staff do give 100%

Temple Kol Ami Emanu-El Day School 1

Posted October 03, 2008
As a former parent, I feel the need to express the lack of academics and basic schooling. I am seriously disappointed with the the school in whole. I left there after all the complaints and dissatisfaction. I am actually a parent that stood by and stood up for the establishment. Unfortuately, they have failed me also. I feel this place needs a huge overhaul to actually succeed. Not just new principals. I am at the point of actually putting my kids in public school, as they will probably get a better education there. Not a good place for a Private Jewish education! Go to Posnack if you have the monies.

Posted August 25, 2008
excellent spirit, safe atmosphere, caring teachers, wonderful curriculum, superior facility.

Posted July 09, 2008
I was so surprised to read the negative reviews on this site! I have been at TKAE for a year now and my daughter has thrived! Through small classes individual attention is able to be paid to each child. Two new administrators have been hired this year - Principal Toni Weissberg and Director of Jewish Education Rabbi Jacobs and they are setting the school on a course that can rival any other private school in the area. The PE teacher is no longer the music teacher (!) and the academics follow strictly the Sunshine State Standards. I would 100% recommend the school to anyone.

Posted July 09, 2008
I love this school. The academics are stellar and my children have never been happier. We have been in this community for a long time and my only sadness is that it took us so long to find the Day School.

Temple Kol Ami Emanu-El Day School 1

Posted August 21, 2007
Hi, Just found this site because I moved my son out of Kol Ami and wanted to see the reviews of the one I just scheduled him for. It is a very mixed bag about this school. The classes are too small and there are no options about making friends. My son was having a difficult time making friends. There were a few 'trouble makers' in his class and it was never addressed. There is no cafeteria, they eat lunch at their desks, the music teacher is also the p.e. teacher, a poor example of jumping rope and basic skills (of which p.e. was one time a week), the teachers let issues with homework and absences slide, his teacher was not college educated. We were happy with a few areas, like family shabbat. I am sorry to write that this school is not up to a 'private school' standard.

Temple Kol Ami Emanu-El Day School 2

Posted June 05, 2007
My son and daughter attended the pre-school and it was a wonderful experience. The elementary school is a mess. I find that after trying to speak about issues with the rabbi and the school principal, nothing seems to change. Very sad that I have changed my mind about this institution. They were so happy before elelmentary, and so were we.

8200 Peters Road, Plantation, FL  33324
Last modified Temple Kol Ami Emanu-El Day School is a Private school that serves grades K-5
Temple Kol Ami Emanu-El Day School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top