Plantation Elementary School 4

Posted June 08, 2013
I really love Plantation Elementary. I started in Kindergarten, and got a great education there. I got the highest FCAT scores in third grade, and the highest writing score in fourth grade. I got great help from my teachers. What I'm trying to say is, the FCAT scores are low because students don't apply themselves. The teachers do everything they can to help. Students are more responsible for their own education than teachers or parents. Our new principal is great too.

Posted April 27, 2013
I was a student at this school back in 78. I went on to become a teacher myself. I am very concerned about the comments about the administration and teachers. I wish that I could move back and run this school as I know our parents and faculty would like. Parents, please hang in there. Teachers are very tired, we are emotionally drained, and financially frustrated. We have so much stress on us to get the scores up, that we lose focus on the children's happiness in school and our parents. I will always love Plantation Elem. There are some fond memories of my friends, teachers and other staff members.

Posted July 26, 2012
BAD SCHOOL if your child get assighed there run and run fast and Far far away from that school.

Posted June 09, 2011
2010-2011 was my daugter's first year at this school. My daughter had one of the best teachers in Florida. The principal and I had an altercation about something that another child was doing not only to my child, but other kids as well. She wanted me to only be concerned about my own child. I had to speak up for my daughter and the other students. I felt like all the kids were in danger in this particular incident. She handled the situation "VERY" unprofessionally. Some of the things that she said, was unbelievable. She need to take a customer service class. Her "ATTITUDE" stunk. It got to the point where I had to call downtown on her. My daughter will not be attending Plantation Elementary 2011-2012 school year because of her.

Posted May 03, 2011
I regret sending my child to this school. Most of the teachers don't care about the children well being, especially the forth grade teachers. My child had at least four different math teacher since January 2011. How can a school don't have a permanent teacher especially when the Fcat was right around the corner. The new Principal is a control freak and has no respect for the staff much less the parents. The staff openly talks about her even in the presence of other parents. The teachers talk about other students with other parent openly. That is so unprofessional. A teacher told my child a long with other students that her child child can read and write better than my child. When the teacher was confronted about the remark that was made of course she denied it. Overall this school need someone to step in. I can't wait for the school year to be over so that I can remove my child from this school

Posted April 10, 2010
I am a student that goes to this school not only I loves this school I'm an Honor Student.I would recommend this school to anyone who wants there child to have a good education and have fun while doing it.

Posted August 25, 2009

Posted November 05, 2008

Posted August 10, 2008

Posted April 22, 2008
I have to agree with the other parent. I saw no care or concern in my 5th graders teacher. The 2nd grade teacher was exceptional. The administrative staff only seemed concerned about the perception of the school not that my child was being bullied and went from a child who use to love school to one who was afraid.

Plantation Elementary School
651 Northwest 42nd Avenue, Plantation, FL  33317
Last modified Plantation Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Plantation Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top