No rating

Candil Jacaranda School

Private | PK-8

Living in Plantation

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $91,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,370.

Sweep tile

Posted October 28, 2011

I entered my 2 year old in Candil Jacaranda and I absolutely love this school. I have previously moved my son from 3 different learning centers that I was not completely happy with. I can say that I am geninuely happy with this school. I love the teachers, the staff, the program and the layout of the school. Location is convenient and safe area. I believe you get your money's worth at this school. I am moving to New York and hope I can find something equivalent to Candil Jacaranda.

Posted October 6, 2011

I have enrolled my child in the VPK program at Candil Jacaranda School. In the short time my child has been at this school he has learned so much. The staff is very friendly and the schools offering goes beyond the VPK. The extra activities such as Music, PE Spanish and Art are a great addition to the full day program. Originally I was only interested in the VPK program, but given the impressive offerings and they way they handle the children, convinced me to enroll him in the all day program. I am so pleased to have my child at this school. I know he will learn so much and have a solid start when he enters into their Kindergarten.

Posted August 9, 2010

I am very pleased to have found Candil Jacaranda School. My children are not a number and all the staff members know me and my children, as if we were among family. My youngest has blossomed in the toddler room, singing the song "There are seven days to a week". I would recommend this school.

Posted August 9, 2010

I have had my children at Candil Jacaranda School since Pre-K. My oldest is going into the 5th grade and my youngest is going into the 1st grade. The teachers and administration have always been there for me for any concerns or questions that I have had regarding my children. I would highly recommend this school and give it a 5 start rating. My children are doing very well both academically and socially. Thank you CJS!!!

Posted March 7, 2010

I had always been very impressed with this school and its management. Recently, it has come to my attention that certain teachers have not been conducting themselves in a manner benefitting the students and absolutely no reprecussions have occurred. This is very upsetting and unacceptable.

Posted October 20, 2008

I am so pleased to have found this wonderful school. I now have a First and Third Grader at the school. The school has such a nice traditional feel. The classrooms are small. The curriculum is demanding but the teachers seem to be able to teach in a way that the kids enjoy learning. The school conducts it 'specials' (Spanish, Computers, PE, Art and Music) often throughout the week as opposed to the rotations of the public schools. The school does so many programs both in and out of the classroom... everything from age appropriate science fair projects (yes, the kindergarten class had a really cool one!) to holiday shows to ice cream socials. The Principal is always thinking about new projects to benefit the students and the families. As an added bonus, it is the most culturally diverse school I have ever seen. Fantastic School!

Posted October 18, 2008

I absolutely recommend this school for it's small class size, wonderful teachers and strong parental involvement.

Posted October 13, 2008

My 2 1/2 year old has attended Candil Jacaranda's toddler program for nearly a year now and I am very pleased the program. Despite the fact that I was apprehensive about sending her so young, it has truly allowed her to blossom both socially and academically. She has an outstanding vocabulary, loves story-time and singing, and can count to ten, and, speak more than that in Spanish thanks to the teachers at Candil Jacaranda. The teachers take the time with parents to discuss issues and ideas -- and the extra curricular activities are outstanding.

Posted August 25, 2008

Our daughter attended Candil Jacaranda School from pre-K through the fifth grade. Though the academics are demanding, the setting is intimate and personal, and our child benefitted enormously from her time there. As a small school with small classes, Candil Jacaranda is perfectly adapted to the highest possible quality of education for elementary school students.

Posted July 21, 2008

My son has been a student at Candil Jacaranda School for the past 4 years. He will begin his 5th year this August. I can say that my son's education has been consistently excellent throughout these years. The curriculum, coupled with teacher support, as well as extra curricular activities have made for an enriching academic experience. In addition, the low student to teacher ratio creates a personalized and intimate environment, not only making learning easier, but adding to the 'family feel' which extends out to the special events sponsored by the PTO. I have personally recommended several students to this school and will continue to do so long after my son moves on to upper grades.

Posted July 8, 2008

My granddaughter is a toddler at Candil Jacaranda School and our family couldnt be more pleased with the warm and loving environment. She has blossomed in both her language and social skills. I have found the faculty and staff to be welcoming and knowledgeable. I have only heard excellent comments about the Montessori Program and look forward to having my grandaughter continue her education in this fine school. I was suprised to read the negative review from a past parent as it contradicts my experience and that of other families I have met at the school. I want to commend the school on events that have allowed me to meet other Candil Jacaranda families. I truly have enjoyed the Spaghetti Dinner, International Fair and classroom activities which I have been able to attend. My daughter raves about the timely feedback from the teachers and the administration. I highly recommend this school.

Posted June 29, 2008

My son attended the preK program at Candil Jacaranda. Academically he did well, but he hated to go to school. We felt this was due to an overly strict teacher who did not appear to have an understanding of typical preschooler behavior. This is not a true Montessori school; they do offer montessori materials but seem to have rebranded themselves as a prep school requiring all kids to read and write BEFORE they reach kindergarten. This is at direct odds with the montessori philosophy. The focus on academics means that the teachers are pressured to achieve these goals without focussing on more important areas of preschool life. Parental involvement is low and unlike many other schools they do not implement an open-door policy for parental access. Their claim of 'low student/teacher ratio' is a joke; at the preK level they meet minimum state requirements only whose ratios are worse than VPK.

Asian 19% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

8250 Peters Road