Candil Jacaranda School 1

Posted June 06, 2014
It's not Candil Jacaranda, was recently purchased and is now Von Wedel Montessori. The new admin doesn't care about the school at all, focusing their time and energy on the other franchises in Miami. Within a few months of the new owners taking over, the best teachers as well as the director left. We went a full 7 months of the school year with no on-site director to manage the day-to-day operations.What kind of administration would allow that?Teachers were obviously stressed, irritated and over-worked, and it showed in the way they ran their classrooms.This school year was essentially me flushing over $9K down the drain.There was 0 communication from admin unless it was a bill. THAT they made sure to contact you about right away They decided at the last minute to enforce a $50 assessment with the last month's tuition to cover graduation program at Plantation High, instead of just holding it at the school for free. And when I say last minute I mean day before final payment was due. To put the cherry on top, they fired the few good remaining teachers on their last planning day, leaving them with no care options for their children and very few options for finding new employment.

Posted October 28, 2011
I entered my 2 year old in Candil Jacaranda and I absolutely love this school. I have previously moved my son from 3 different learning centers that I was not completely happy with. I can say that I am geninuely happy with this school. I love the teachers, the staff, the program and the layout of the school. Location is convenient and safe area. I believe you get your money's worth at this school. I am moving to New York and hope I can find something equivalent to Candil Jacaranda.

Posted October 06, 2011
I have enrolled my child in the VPK program at Candil Jacaranda School. In the short time my child has been at this school he has learned so much. The staff is very friendly and the schools offering goes beyond the VPK. The extra activities such as Music, PE Spanish and Art are a great addition to the full day program. Originally I was only interested in the VPK program, but given the impressive offerings and they way they handle the children, convinced me to enroll him in the all day program. I am so pleased to have my child at this school. I know he will learn so much and have a solid start when he enters into their Kindergarten.

Posted August 09, 2010
I am very pleased to have found Candil Jacaranda School. My children are not a number and all the staff members know me and my children, as if we were among family. My youngest has blossomed in the toddler room, singing the song "There are seven days to a week". I would recommend this school.

Posted August 09, 2010
I have had my children at Candil Jacaranda School since Pre-K. My oldest is going into the 5th grade and my youngest is going into the 1st grade. The teachers and administration have always been there for me for any concerns or questions that I have had regarding my children. I would highly recommend this school and give it a 5 start rating. My children are doing very well both academically and socially. Thank you CJS!!!

Candil Jacaranda School 1

Posted March 07, 2010
I had always been very impressed with this school and its management. Recently, it has come to my attention that certain teachers have not been conducting themselves in a manner benefitting the students and absolutely no reprecussions have occurred. This is very upsetting and unacceptable.

Posted March 30, 2009

Posted October 20, 2008
I am so pleased to have found this wonderful school. I now have a First and Third Grader at the school. The school has such a nice traditional feel. The classrooms are small. The curriculum is demanding but the teachers seem to be able to teach in a way that the kids enjoy learning. The school conducts it 'specials' (Spanish, Computers, PE, Art and Music) often throughout the week as opposed to the rotations of the public schools. The school does so many programs both in and out of the classroom... everything from age appropriate science fair projects (yes, the kindergarten class had a really cool one!) to holiday shows to ice cream socials. The Principal is always thinking about new projects to benefit the students and the families. As an added bonus, it is the most culturally diverse school I have ever seen. Fantastic School!

Candil Jacaranda School 0

Posted October 18, 2008
I absolutely recommend this school for it's small class size, wonderful teachers and strong parental involvement.

Candil Jacaranda School 0

Posted October 13, 2008
My 2 1/2 year old has attended Candil Jacaranda's toddler program for nearly a year now and I am very pleased the program. Despite the fact that I was apprehensive about sending her so young, it has truly allowed her to blossom both socially and academically. She has an outstanding vocabulary, loves story-time and singing, and can count to ten, and, speak more than that in Spanish thanks to the teachers at Candil Jacaranda. The teachers take the time with parents to discuss issues and ideas -- and the extra curricular activities are outstanding.

Candil Jacaranda School
8250 Peters Road, Plantation, FL  33324
Last modified Candil Jacaranda School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Candil Jacaranda School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews.