Poinciana, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted September 10, 2014
This school has changed into a middle school. All the teachers are nice and I think I got the nicest teacher in this school.

Lake Marion Creek Elementary School 2

Posted June 24, 2014
I have been so reluctant to review this school because feedback can be so subjective. However, I am so done with this school/district/county that we are in the process of moving and have found this website so helpful in my new search that I figured I would assist those planning to have a child attend this school. This is an elementary school with very little to offer their students. The perception is that everyone is poverty stricken, lives off of the government, and is uneducated. Therefore, when they do finally put together an event, it is done at the last minute and half- hazard executed. The previous principal was disengaged, would not return calls or emails. Under her tutelage, the school went from a B to a D. As a result, a new principal was put in place. I called today to see if I could pick up my child's FCAT results and was told the principal has yet to pick them up from the district. I think that should give any parent a good sensation as to what they can expect. We moved to this area when the economy affected everyone with a job. Home prices were practically free. The saying "you get what you pay for" pretty much sums it up.

Lake Marion Creek Elementary School 4

Posted November 05, 2013
There is great leadership at the school. My child has made friends with kids and has been exploring positive learning, new discoveries and getting A+ grades. The school atmosphere is diverse and multicultural. It's special!

Posted October 15, 2013
The principal problem. Without the proper leadership, the school does not stand a fighting chance. There are barely any standards in this school. Children aren't treated with respect by some of the support staff. There are reports of unsanitary conditions like cockroaches found in the lunch room and the classrooms. Security is at a bare minimum. Gates are left open and unattended for an extended period and the front desk is left unoccupied for atleast 5 minutes on occasion. The principal is usually absent and lacks effective communication skills. There are no set guidelines on release times. Rain puts a wrench on dismissal procedures. They either hold the students or release them at the front by the cafeteria without any notice to the parents waiting at the side gates.

Posted October 10, 2013
Principal is very rude. Another issue is the car rider line. It is out of control and needs to be addressed! I despise it..

Posted July 15, 2013
Lake Marion creek elementary in poinciana is a great school the teachers are wonderful, the co.mplete staff Is good my daughter has been there a year going on her second year we moved from Alabama to poinciana and my daughter was upset she loved Alabama schools but as time went by she grew to love lake Marion wonderful school recommend to everyone

Posted July 11, 2013
I go to Lake Marion Creek and i have to say that this is a really good school.The teacher are nice and are really responsible they teach you alot of math,social studies,and more.The principal is nice and is also real responsible.So if you have a child that is in pk-6 i would recommend you to put them in Lake Marion Creek Elementry.

Posted July 05, 2012
The principal was not friendly, she did not address the parents at the school functions. My child has attended several schools due to relocation of our home. So far this has been the worst of schools. The principal is there just for the name because she is hardly ever seen. I tried to talk to some of the teachers and they never answered back the emails or calls. Out of 8 teachers only 2 responded.

Posted January 21, 2012
Quality of students keeps declining since they are allowed to use foul language. School staff dont care about it. By far the worst school ever! Principal is in a cave all day and never comes out. Students are left to the mercy of the bullys, and there are lots of bullys. Overgrown kids that failed the grades a few times and they run the school like a jail. Do not try to get your kids in this school.

Posted May 19, 2010
This school was terrific last year and the faculty worked well together. This year with a new admin in place there seems to be absolutely no discipline in place...my son is scared to go to school because of the lack of consequences for some of the students.

Lake Marion Creek Elementary School
3055 Lake Marion Creek Dr, Poinciana, FL  34759
Last modified Lake Marion Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake Marion Creek Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top