809 students|Polk

Bad
Good

Posted September 10, 2014
I have been in this school from September 2010 through June 2014. I have to say, the office administration is stupendous! Special area teachers were nice and the home room teachers were always helpful. Enough said.

Posted May 08, 2014
My daughter has attended Laurel for 5 years and we haven't had anything but wonderful experiences! All the staff are nice and helpful. Teachers and office staff tend to know each child by name. Principal Julie Allen is amazing to students, teachers, and parents. I would recommend this school!!

Posted June 26, 2013
It seems quiet but don't let that fool you.It has a bullying problem,kids.have brought knives and teachers are less to be desired.Rating goes between B and D.And volunteer is a busy buddies that spreads lies. It has been a horrible experience,And becareful with PE time my child was hit and kicked during it and the teachers see nothing each time.Unreal! Needless to say, not returning.=(

Posted February 11, 2013
A wonderful school! The staff is professional, friendly and helpful. We were sad when our children's time there was over.

Posted September 16, 2009
Great staff, great teachers. Love it...

Posted April 17, 2009
I have two children that attend Laurel Elementary. This was their first year there and I must say that they both have phenomenal teachers.

Posted August 11, 2008
My son is going into first grade at Laurel. I am complete agreement with the first reviewer. The teachers and principal at Laurel are doing their best for our children. Parent involvement and volunteering is a must for them to succeed!! My son had an outstanding kindergarten experience, and looking very forward to returning to school.

Posted June 15, 2008
This was my daughters first year at Laurel. I must admit that when a problem happens the principal is ready and willing to solve the problem. She gives the parents all her divided attention. I must say that the schools here in Florida are very different from the schools in New York City. I have experienced that the academics are more behind. The teacher's are trying their best to teach our children but we as parents must also help the teachers teach our children. We must appreciate the work that the principal and the teaches teach our children. I am looking forward for another year the last year for my daughters at Laurel Elementary School. Lets all join as parents and help the teachers and principal make Laurel the best Elementary School.

1851 Laurel Avenue, Poinciana, FL  34759
Last modified Laurel Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.