489 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My son is in his second year of attendance at Somerset Pines and he loved his first year. I have been extremely pleased with every aspect of the school. I love the facilities which are a step up from his prior school. The administration and teachers do an outstanding job of communicating. And I'm extremely happy about the creative ways the school comes up with teaching kids about responsibility such as their bulldog bucks system. When a student does something outstanding, the student is rewarded with bulldog bucks which can then be saved or spent at a special store. It's a wonderful incentive program. Thus far the curriculum has struck the right balance between homework and family life. One of the most important things to me is that I feel my son is being challenged academically. I'm not the type of parent who demands straight A's but I do demand that he puts in 100% effort and I'd honestly rather him be challenged academically and make B's or C's than not be challenged and make A's. I feel like he's getting that challenge at Somerset Pines, I HIGHLY recommend this school to anyone who wants more for their children.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

This school has an advanced/gifted program so students at different levels are all allowed to learn at a pace that suits them.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The leadership communicates and is creative in the way it approaches goals.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school does a good job and makes it a priority to develop good character traits in the students. One example is the creative "bulldog bucks" program. Not only does it help develop great character traits but it helps instill valuable lessons about later life like the value of work and money.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I verbally assess where my child is during down time like when we are driving from place to place. My child frequently surprises me with what he's learning.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

I feel like the amount of homework being assigned is appropriate. If there was more homework assigned, we could handle that. If there was less assigned I'd be concerned.

Supports LD students: Disagree

They need work on this. Communicating a plan to the parents and help guide them.

Effective school leaders: Agree

The principal is responsive to communication by the parents

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Some are really good and others are the bottom of the barrel. They could use an effective mentoring program for more successful teachers to mentor their colleagues.

Amount of homework: Disagree

There is too much homework. Children need to be children.

Last modified Somerset Pines Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.