Pompano Beach, FL

Posted May 16, 2014
Lighthouse Christian Academy has been a Godsend to my son and our family. My son had been asked to leave another Christian school earlier in the year for disciplinary reasons. He was unmotivated about his education and generally unhappy about life in general. Fortunately our pastor recommended we try Lighthouse Christian Academy and even more fortunately our son was accepted. He fit in immediately and was more comfortable the first week at Lighthouse Christian than he had been after several years at his previous school. The faculty and administration welcomed and nurtured my son's emotional as well as his scholastic needs. They patiently worked on his weaknesses while gently reinforcing his strengths. As the school year progressed I watched in awe as my son blossomed and gained confidence not only scholastically but emotionally and socially as well. I saw his entire attitude toward learning and the importance of education change dramatically. His homeroom teacher became almost an additional family member who took such a sincere personal interest in my son's success words alone could never repay or adequately thank her for her commitment and devotion.

Posted May 03, 2014
What I love about Lighthouse Christian School is that we are a "boutique" private school versus a "major department store" school. I love the personal attention and accessibility available from the school administrator and teaching staff. Small school size allows for custom tailoring of each child's personal and educational needs to best serve strengths and opportunities for growth. Teachers are personally invested creating model programs of Drama, Music, Sports, Advanced curriculum classes, Yoga and self esteem for girls. Our Navigator's room gives small group personalized instruction for students needing help in math or reading to bring to grade level. As a community of families with close personal ties serving our school, we also benefit from our Pink Church members support. Our campus is nestled between Lighthouse Point and Pompano Beach East of US1 at "The Pink Church", established in 1959. Reminiscent of days past, students and families ride walk, bike, skateboard, or travel by golf cart to school daily. On the same campus, Imagination Station Pre-School serves PK2-4 students who can then move seamlessly into Lighthouse Christian School serving K-8th grade.

Posted April 30, 2014
A wonderful nurturing environment. We are blessed with an exceptional administrator and the school is filled with caring educators. LCS has state of the art facilities and progams for all learning levels. The curriculum is designed to prepare our children for the next steps in their education.

Posted April 30, 2014
My son has been attending this school since Kindergarten, he will be graduating the 8th grade this May. The small class sizes and loving, nurturing environment are the very things that have allowed him to succeed. It takes a village to raise children and every single teacher, aid and even the principle helped to mold, encourage and lift his God loving soul higher than we ever imagined. I am forever indebted to their wisdom, guidance and love of not only my son but of me as well.

Posted April 30, 2014
This school under the guidance of Mrs. O'Leary has made my daughter the student she is today. They truly "walk the walk" when it comes to Christian values and through this foundation the teachers at LCS invest in the students on a level that goes far beyond the norm.

Posted April 30, 2014
Our daughter has been at LCS for 8 wonderful years. We feel that she is getting a great education and is surrounded by teachers and an administration that care about her. It is nice to send your child to school every day and know that they are in a loving and caring environment.

Posted April 30, 2014
Our family came to Lighthouse Christian this year. Our son is in Kindergarten and our twins are in the preschool Imagination Station. We came from another well known private school where we felt there was just too much pressure on the children. When we came to tour Lighthouse Christian, as soon as we walked through the door we were sure we were in the right place. You can immediately feel the good energy and love! The principal, Rita O'Leary, is a true blessing! She is so involved in everything at the school and knows all of the children. Our children are excelling, as you could not find a better teaching staff who care so much for their students. Mrs. Minett has been an amazing Kindergarten teacher and our son loves school because of her. One night I asked our kindergarten son if he missed his other school where he attended for 3 years and he said no. He told me that at this school "he feels like he is a part of something". Lighthouse Christian was definitely the right choice for our family!

Posted April 29, 2014
This school is a hidden treasure in the Lighthouse point/Pompano area. The teachers and administration are the best! The students and families are the best! The education and social environment are second to none. Just walk through the front doors and you will feel the difference.

Posted April 29, 2014
LCS is a loving and caring school focused on the complete development of the individual. The school has done exceptionally well at meeting the needs of all students, identifying and delivering the right curriculum to students with diverse capabilities.

Posted April 29, 2014
LCS is awesome! I am so thankful to have found such an exceptional school. My daughter is challenged and loves coming to school. The arts program is so wonderful. They offer special advanced learning and special resources for kids who need extra help. The teachers we have had so far are all fantastic. It is such a great school!

Lighthouse Christian School
2331 NE 26th Avenue, Pompano Beach, FL  33062
Last modified Lighthouse Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Lighthouse Christian School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top