2,042 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Their personal interest in obtaining the best performance from their students has been especially noteworthy.

Amount of homework: Agree

The way the students speak at the HIV/AIDS Club meeting after school it is rather obvious their grades attest to the fact that the homework system is working. I am able to obtain scholarships for the wannabe doctors and nurses.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Pastor Anthony Campbell started a youth men's club there taking young men at risk and teaching them moral values. He taught drafting to Ely students so was able to evaluate their integrity and character traits with their relationship with their fellow students.

I asked for assistance from Principal Earline Smiley when I moved into the area in 2000. Dr. Smiley not only briefed me on the various programs but included me on board meetings as a guest. Her help[ in familiarizing me with health needs led me to start a BanAIDS Club at ELY which is thriving and well respected today.

Well... Ely is too live it's the only school you can't get an education and have a senior riot, ely is the place we stay stunning the only scrubs you see are in the nursing program, but besides that you stay seeing coca in whites and J's. We stay relevant and when I hop off the chicken place be good, Omar's stay giving cheaper food than the vending. And we don't be anon posting stuff cuz this girl talking bout teachers curse at her must be soft, but anyways send yo child to the E

22 more days of school left and boy am i glad. These reviews are outdated so i'll update them. This school is horrible. Horrible. The students are terrible, the teachers leave your students to learn by their selves. I'm not some student that is upset about her grades because she doesn't do homework. I take honors and ap human geography and i am in their pre-med program. This school is so focused on their nursing program, that the other programs are not cared about. The one teacher the i know worked his hardest to teach was Mr.Washington. He is the only class i learn in. The teachers do not respond to conferences from my parents. They curse at you, the lunch is terrible, and the school has no spirit. On that note, the ladies of intrigue, Adimu, kiada and gentlemen of influence are great clubs to join. The band is an incredible family. I personally was in ladies of intrigue. We did volunteer work and were school sisters.

Awesome band(saxaphone) great teachers who care and are there for each student but horrible students ...if u come to this school i recommend band under the direction of richard beckford ...he is like ur parent away from homw

Hello my son has been attending Blanche Ely High School and I have no idea how he is doing. I have left several messages for his guidence counselor to contact me and he has not done it yet and that was weeks ago. I never see my son doing homework or doing any kind of studing. What do I need to do to get the schools attention.

All of these.lies. Blanche ely high school only worry about sports. Notice how nova.high school look and look at ely this is because nova.focus on acadmics and ely focys on sports. I am a teacger myself and i can say that all thus is a lie. Our star football player was.failing my geometry class and the principal came to me and told me topass him anyways did i nope.he still had that F.and he wrote me up three times for this.DONT SEND.YOUR CHILD THERE IF YOU WANT THEM TO LEARN

When my son graduated from Blanche Ely he had 125 collage credits. Do you knew any private school giving that opportunity? Not even if you pay. In 11&12 grade he was attending BCC and Atlantic university, all that for free, thanks to public school system. He has BS/MS from Stanford university. After that he worked for 4 years at private equity firm. Today he is at Harvard university doing his MBA. Thank you Blanche Ely for challenging academic program. My son favorite " there is not bad schools only bad students"

Last modified Blanche Ely High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.