Pompano Beach, FL
Students enrolled: 2,050

Blanche Ely High School 5

Posted May 17, 2014
Well... Ely is too live it's the only school you can't get an education and have a senior riot, ely is the place we stay stunning the only scrubs you see are in the nursing program, but besides that you stay seeing coca in whites and J's. We stay relevant and when I hop off the chicken place be good, Omar's stay giving cheaper food than the vending. And we don't be anon posting stuff cuz this girl talking bout teachers curse at her must be soft, but anyways send yo child to the E

Posted May 04, 2014
22 more days of school left and boy am i glad. These reviews are outdated so i'll update them. This school is horrible. Horrible. The students are terrible, the teachers leave your students to learn by their selves. I'm not some student that is upset about her grades because she doesn't do homework. I take honors and ap human geography and i am in their pre-med program. This school is so focused on their nursing program, that the other programs are not cared about. The one teacher the i know worked his hardest to teach was Mr.Washington. He is the only class i learn in. The teachers do not respond to conferences from my parents. They curse at you, the lunch is terrible, and the school has no spirit. On that note, the ladies of intrigue, Adimu, kiada and gentlemen of influence are great clubs to join. The band is an incredible family. I personally was in ladies of intrigue. We did volunteer work and were school sisters.

Blanche Ely High School 3

Posted March 26, 2014
Awesome band(saxaphone) great teachers who care and are there for each student but horrible students ...if u come to this school i recommend band under the direction of richard beckford ...he is like ur parent away from homw

Posted September 26, 2013
Hello my son has been attending Blanche Ely High School and I have no idea how he is doing. I have left several messages for his guidence counselor to contact me and he has not done it yet and that was weeks ago. I never see my son doing homework or doing any kind of studing. What do I need to do to get the schools attention.

Blanche Ely High School 4

Posted September 25, 2012
When my son graduated from Blanche Ely he had 125 collage credits. Do you knew any private school giving that opportunity? Not even if you pay. In 11&12 grade he was attending BCC and Atlantic university, all that for free, thanks to public school system. He has BS/MS from Stanford university. After that he worked for 4 years at private equity firm. Today he is at Harvard university doing his MBA. Thank you Blanche Ely for challenging academic program. My son favorite " there is not bad schools only bad students"

Posted October 06, 2010
The staff at this school is not only incompetent, but have very poor speaking and communicating skills. As a graduate of Blanche Ely High School, I have experienced first hand inappropriate behavior, not only from the teachers, but also from the administration. This school is very understaffed and many of the over-worked and over-stressed administrators do not pay attention to the students and their needs. As a former senior of this school, I struggled on a daily basis to recieve transcripts to apply for college and scholarships. I only met with my guidance counselor once for the whole entire year. I had no support nor any help in getting prepared for my collegiate transition. Contrary to the "no student left behind" motto, many students from this school has been left behind.

Posted January 12, 2010

Posted October 20, 2009

Posted August 06, 2009

Blanche Ely High School 0

Posted August 03, 2009
I think Blanche Ely high is the best school I know after harvard. I personetly think that this school is a great learning, well managed school.

Blanche Ely High School
1201 Northwest 6th Avenue, Pompano Beach, FL  33060
Last modified Blanche Ely High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Blanche Ely High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top