603 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Charles Drew Elementary School 3

Posted March 10, 2015
Looking into a transfer. No one here return phone calls. My son is a second year attender. As much as these reviews say there is no patent involvement, neither is there from school staff. How can you get involved when you are not answered. School doesn't adhere to parent letters or dismissal procedures from parents. That is a major safety issue. My son is learning on average but I feel the school is more based on satisfying the Spanish community of the neighborhood rather than ALL the children.

Charles Drew Elementary School 4

Posted September 27, 2013
Charles Drew Elementary. This is our first year at Charles Drew and we see already (after only 6 weeks into the new school year) a difference. Our son is really excelling and this is due to his teacher and the atmosphere at the school.

Charles Drew Elementary School 5

Posted July 28, 2010
Charles R. Drew is an excellent school. Although the focus is primarily getting the students to pass the FCAT (which 95% of our public schools are unfortunately) the curriculum is challenging. There could be more parent support.

Charles Drew Elementary School 3

Posted September 26, 2007
Charles Drew is a Science, technology and math magnet school. The magnet programs are excellent, robotics and SECME are two extra curricular activities my sons enjoy very much, they learn things they can't anywhere else. We have a new principal this year and so far she seems very good. Parent involvement is low. Barely a handful of parents seem to participate in meetings and activities. There are some very good teachers at Charles Drew; however, it seems that everything is focused on testing. I know that is not really the teachers fault but some teachers such as Ms. Amy Stramanak seemed to actually teach between testing instead of just teaching students how to test. They had BAT tests this week. My son's class practice tested Friday and Monday, then had actual testing Tuesday-Thursday. Homework is assigned but rarely checked or rewarded. Discipline is based on punishment and not reward.

Charles Drew Elementary School 2

Posted March 12, 2006
Poor quality of academic programs. Not good availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities. Poor level of parent involvement

Charles Drew Elementary School 5

Posted July 18, 2005
I know that this school is great, as long as the parents are willing to remain active throughout the year and focus on helping the children and teachers. Communication is great as well. I love this school and all of my 4 children I plan to have them graduate from drew being a cub.

Charles Drew Elementary School 2

Posted June 04, 2004
My child started kindergarden at this school and we moved in the middle of the year. I have nothing but good things to say about her teacher Mrs. Grant, however my overall veiw of the school itself is the main reason for our move. I think there are just way to many kids per class and the children arent given enough individual attention. Also, times that I visited the school the children seemed to be slightly obnoxious and unrespectful of authority.

Charles Drew Elementary School
1000 Northwest 31st Avenue, Pompano Beach, FL  33069
Last modified Charles Drew Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Charles Drew Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top