PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

My kids bave been studying at Highlands for two years. They are enjoying and we have realized how much they are growing in faith and wisdom. The teachers and staffs are so reliable and respectful. We certainly recommend Highlands Christian academy for everybody.

We bought a small house in Pompano Beach for a good low price , But the Public Schools in Pompano are not great.. We were thinking about buy a home in Boca, but after many search we decided to stay in Pompano And invest in a Good Christian School for our child.. Education is the best Legacy .Highlands is the great.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The principal always check the week papers and test from my child.. And my child loves to see mrs Utz signature on her week school paperwork. Thanks Mrs Utz.

Develops character: Agree

They are constantly teaching them about nice words. Helping each other.. Being example to other..

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My Daughter loved Mrs Caldwell.. What a great teacher.. Very Christian kind of person. All the teachers are loving and cares for the students..

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

My child can do the homework alone.. I only need to check if it is correct..

My Grandson has been at Highlands for two years. My wife and I have found the staff to be very friendly and caring. We have found his teachers to be involved with his welfare, learning, and accomplishments. The education is superior to that at a public school. Both my sister and brother were long time teachers - both over thirty years and retired - and are very impressed with out grandsons progress. Education is the one gift we can give which makes a huge difference in the overall success of their lives - a gift which is priceless - and our grandson is learning - but not only academically - but also self respect and respect of others - something that is lacking in our current society. In simple terms - we are very happy with Highlands Christian and look forward to when our grandson graduates from this institution.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Underline racism, very unfriendly, and only care about money not the welfare of the students that attend.

I used to attend Highlands for 5 consecutive years, from elementary all the way to the commencement of high school , and let me start by stating that asking to be taken out of this school and put into public school was one of the best decisions I ever made with my life. First of all, the children that I went to school with (Can't say how it is today as I have been graduated for a couple of years now) were some of the worst people I have ever met. Most of them were judgmental, rude, and unfriendly. I remember that I experienced the worst bullying here in my life, which has negatively impacted me to this day. Also, teachers would do little to nothing about such issues, and asking the administration for help against the antagonists was a futile effort. The level of favoritism which exists at this school is also mind boggling, as there was always a couple of students which all of the teachers favored and who the whole school knew about. The level of education which you receive in this school is sub par to that of a C rated public school, as most of the textbooks were outdated (back to the 80s-90s) and contained inaccurate information, as most of them were from a "christian" perspective. Although I understand that this is a christian school, this does not mean that you have to provide students with outdated and inaccurate information, nonetheless information which you educate to children to send them out to the real world/universities. The level of hypocrisy was through the roof at this place as well, as teachers and administrators would harshly judge you if your actions, ideas or thoughts directly contradicted their own beliefs, both philosophical and religious. The thing that disgusted me the most over my time at Highlands was the fact that faculty would praise certain students for their involvement in the religious community present there, and then you would see those students directly contradicting what they preached on stage at a chapel ceremony, bullying students and partaking in "unmoral" extra curricular activities to say the least. Ironically, my time at this school converted me to an agnostic after seeing the blatant hypocrisy prevalent in religious institutions as such.

The Preschool was a very bad experience. Majority of the staff is very unfriendly. Money seems to be all they care about. Teachers expectations of the students are almost unrealistic.

Last modified Highlands Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12