Posted May 31, 2015
I used to attend Highlands for 5 consecutive years, from elementary all the way to the commencement of high school , and let me start by stating that asking to be taken out of this school and put into public school was one of the best decisions I ever made with my life. First of all, the children that I went to school with (Can't say how it is today as I have been graduated for a couple of years now) were some of the worst people I have ever met. Most of them were judgmental, rude, and unfriendly. I remember that I experienced the worst bullying here in my life, which has negatively impacted me to this day. Also, teachers would do little to nothing about such issues, and asking the administration for help against the antagonists was a futile effort. The level of favoritism which exists at this school is also mind boggling, as there was always a couple of students which all of the teachers favored and who the whole school knew about. The level of education which you receive in this school is sub par to that of a C rated public school, as most of the textbooks were outdated (back to the 80s-90s) and contained inaccurate information, as most of them were from a "christian" perspective. Although I understand that this is a christian school, this does not mean that you have to provide students with outdated and inaccurate information, nonetheless information which you educate to children to send them out to the real world/universities. The level of hypocrisy was through the roof at this place as well, as teachers and administrators would harshly judge you if your actions, ideas or thoughts directly contradicted their own beliefs, both philosophical and religious. The thing that disgusted me the most over my time at Highlands was the fact that faculty would praise certain students for their involvement in the religious community present there, and then you would see those students directly contradicting what they preached on stage at a chapel ceremony, bullying students and partaking in "unmoral" extra curricular activities to say the least. Ironically, my time at this school converted me to an agnostic after seeing the blatant hypocrisy prevalent in religious institutions as such.

Highlands Christian Academy 2

Posted May 28, 2015
The Preschool was a very bad experience. Majority of the staff is very unfriendly. Money seems to be all they care about. Teachers expectations of the students are almost unrealistic.

Posted April 18, 2015
After looking at many christian schools in South Florida, Highlands Christian Academy seems to be the best at offering a child a well rounded Christian education.

Highlands Christian Academy 4

Posted April 16, 2015
I am the father of two boys at Highlands, one in the middle school and one in the high school. I have had a chance to see many sides of highlands in the ten years we have been here. No place is perfect, but I have found that if I have any issue there will always be a teacher or adminstrator who is willing to discuss it. I love the small school feel where everyone knows each other. It's nice to watch my boys make good friends that will stay with them as they move on into adulthood. I am not sure what the future holds for them, but I feel that they will be prepared thru HCA.

Posted April 13, 2015
The parents and students are awesome. I wish I could say the same for the staff. BELIEVE the reviews regarding the PRE-SCHOOL."THE BIG BOOK STILL EXISTS," It's very true and sad. Not happy at all with the school/Pre-school or Aftercare. At the end of the day all they care about is MONEY. Some of the teachers are not even certified for what they are teaching. Including the Pre-School teachers. ALL of the negitive reviews are very true.

Posted April 11, 2015
F-School. Most of administrative staff are rude and unsaved and worldly. Academics here are just ok in comparison with the surrounding schools. Take a closer look before you decide to place your child here, beware of the "positive" comments/reviews, anything negative has been removed. This school has a lot to hide!

Posted March 22, 2015
Highland has impacted my son in a positive manner. Spiritually the Christian teachers and the weekly chapels have been important to his growth as a Christian young man. I've looked at other schools in the area, and their spiritual emphasis is probably the biggest differentiator. Athletically, the coaches are wonderful mentors. Educationally, I greatly apprecate the Christian influence in their curriculum. +++++

Posted March 11, 2015
I have had my children as a part of Highlands Christian Academy for the past 4 years. I am SO impressed with the school's use of technology, as well as biblical integration. Having been a teacher myself, I know that the education being provided is exceeding that of what is offered in other schools. They are above grade level and are encouraged to participate in many additional enrichments. The teachers are loving and professional. They go above and beyond to meet the needs of their students. I am looking forward to having my children continue all the way through graduation! Go Knights!

Posted March 11, 2015
HCA has been a great place for my children to attend. They love going to school each day and have made some wonderful friends! The teachers and staff are awesome and I love all the opportunities for sports, drama, and music. They have smart boards in their classrooms, computer labs, and ipads for the kids! Such a great environment for my kids and their education is top notch!

Posted March 10, 2015
The staff at Highlands Christian Academy did a wonderful job of educating my children and preparing them for college. I am so grateful for the Christian values that encompass the academics at HCA, and for the teachers who genuinely love their students and role-model Christian living every single day.

Highlands Christian Academy
501 NE 48th St, Pompano Beach, FL  33064
Last modified Highlands Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Highlands Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top