Pompano Beach, FL
Students enrolled: 1,208

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 31, 2015
I believe PBHS students enjoy a strong humanitarian delivery of education by the esteemed staff. Fortunate Golden tornadoes students on graduation are off to a highly valued flying start, to make all the community services they are capable of.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 31, 2015
I feel that PBHS provides a 1st class leadership and mentoring education because the highest standards of this exemplary Magnet International Affairs Program are clearly reflected in the personal character of its graduates.

Posted March 15, 2015
Here we go, time sure flies by, the final term of 12th Grade has arrived for my Senior son at PBHS. The quality of the 100% Magnet program is equivalent or superior to any private institution. The AP and Honors subjects are instructed by well qualified, certified and accredited experienced teachers. As a senior tutor, there have been zero PBHS students seeking coaching assistance for their ACT/SAT test prep, my own child scored 31 for reading and has been accepted by FAU. So in all fairness, all kudos to PBHS, I have been more than satisfied by the delivery of their Education program. You'd be real lucky in the Lottery system to gain admission. If you do, trust me, you've really hit the Jackpot.

Pompano Beach High School 1

Posted October 16, 2014
I despise the faculty and staff. They glorify the school when in actuality it is corrupt. I have seen the emotions of myself deteriorate as I have gone on through the school year. I plan on NOT recommending this school to anyone who enjoys their sanity and well-being/ life. If I do decide to stay in this school, I will be upset that these teachers and students would be my alumni. P.S./ A good portion of the teacher faculty does not care about overwhelming students with work. They assign multiple projects consecutively to be due in ridiculously short time periods.

Pompano Beach High School 2

Posted October 12, 2014
Well I am currently a sophomore at UCF and I am not happy to say this but, Pompano didn't prepare me enough as I thought it was going to. My freshman year I was quite behind in subjects I shouldn't have been in like English. At pompano I took all honors and eight AP classes; out of that eight about two really set me up for college curriculum(Shipe&Magnetta!). When I was attending Pompano the school was really full of themselves... Anyways I was in the music program too (band). Now that I am in college I wasn't taught NEARLY enough than I needed for in the basics of music theory so discontinued marching. Overall the staff was ok but the school and the students were COMPLETELY full of themselves. I wished that went somewhere else but now I am making up what wasn't brought to me. My friend who goes to FGCU and attended PBHS agrees with me on this. You guys could do better! Come on Tornadoes!!

Posted December 08, 2013
As the PBHS 4 day school week progresses, students have an opportunity for independent study. Teachers are close to perfect posting classroom and homework sores on the school's Pinnacle website. My 11 Grader continually improves his study and test skills. The school also keeps you informed by telephone on student's attendance absences and regularly notifies parents of any meetings and special events scheduled. The Honor subjects and AP classes challenge and prepare the student for higher learning, and college education, for which this Magnet school was specifically designed. All kudos to PBHS.

Posted October 08, 2013
My son is a Senior at Pompano Beach and I feel that I have been very lucky to be able to send my child to this school. It is by far the best public school in Broward County. It compares to the nicest private school without the price tag. The teachers are top notch, the Administrators really care and the Parents are very involved.

Posted August 24, 2013
This is one of the best and most wonderful high schools in all of Florida. It's incredibly high standards push the students to do their all out best. It has a positive and encouraging environment crafted for learning and moving forward. In my opinion Pompano Beach High School deserves nothing bu praise.

Pompano Beach High School 1

Posted June 24, 2013
Pompano Beach High School is very full of itself. There is very little oversight when it comes to teachers' bad behavior. My son has had two teachers who graded work and simply threw it away without letting students review it or be able to question the grade. An English teacher was unable to communicate effectively in writing. She also didn't put one mark on the essays she graded, and the grading was arbitrary by her own admission. My son had two more serious issues, but I don't want him identified as a result of this rating. Trust me, they were even worse in their flagrant inappropriateness. When issues are brought to this highly INEFFECTIVE administration, they demand that you have face to face meetings with the teachers (between 7am and 3:30pm) before they get involved. Phone conferences don't count...even for those of us struggling to earn a living. They talk the talk about being a good school, but they don't walk the walk. They expect more from students behavior-wise than they expect from their teachers. How this school achieves an A rating boggles the mind.

Posted March 29, 2013
Pompano Beach High is overall an awesome school. It's safe, and when students work hard enough, Pompano is the perfect stepping stone to attend any college of that student's choice. I am finishing my senior year at Pompano right now, and honestly, I don't feel I would have achieved as much at any other school. The only concern I have/downfall about Pompano is the administration. The principal is a nice and dedicated guy, but the rest of the admins really don't care enough about the students. That said, I would greatly reccommend PBHS.

600 Northeast 13th Avenue, Pompano Beach, FL  33060
(754) 322-2000
Last modified Pompano Beach High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pompano Beach High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top