Posted October 16, 2014
I despise the faculty and staff. They glorify the school when in actuality it is corrupt. I have seen the emotions of myself deteriorate as I have gone on through the school year. I plan on NOT recommending this school to anyone who enjoys their sanity and well-being/ life. If I do decide to stay in this school, I will be upset that these teachers and students would be my alumni. P.S./ A good portion of the teacher faculty does not care about overwhelming students with work. They assign multiple projects consecutively to be due in ridiculously short time periods.

Pompano Beach High School 2

Posted October 12, 2014
Well I am currently a sophomore at UCF and I am not happy to say this but, Pompano didn't prepare me enough as I thought it was going to. My freshman year I was quite behind in subjects I shouldn't have been in like English. At pompano I took all honors and eight AP classes; out of that eight about two really set me up for college curriculum(Shipe&Magnetta!). When I was attending Pompano the school was really full of themselves... Anyways I was in the music program too (band). Now that I am in college I wasn't taught NEARLY enough than I needed for in the basics of music theory so discontinued marching. Overall the staff was ok but the school and the students were COMPLETELY full of themselves. I wished that went somewhere else but now I am making up what wasn't brought to me. My friend who goes to FGCU and attended PBHS agrees with me on this. You guys could do better! Come on Tornadoes!!

Posted August 14, 2014
So, my as teenage son starts 12th grade, the quality, delivery and teaching at PBHS has been mostly effective. Late teacher entries of test scores and marked homework results have often resulted in incorrect final term grades. High work load demands on teachers has meant a tough road for less independent students. The assigned homework is about right. Pinnacle access works, except e-mail links to teachers do not, so exchanges are not possible. This is a special High school with a cozy learning environment and zero bullying policy. Kudos to staff for their excellent work.

Posted December 08, 2013
As the PBHS 4 day school week progresses, students have an opportunity for independent study. Teachers are close to perfect posting classroom and homework sores on the school's Pinnacle website. My 11 Grader continually improves his study and test skills. The school also keeps you informed by telephone on student's attendance absences and regularly notifies parents of any meetings and special events scheduled. The Honor subjects and AP classes challenge and prepare the student for higher learning, and college education, for which this Magnet school was specifically designed. All kudos to PBHS.

Posted October 08, 2013
My son is a Senior at Pompano Beach and I feel that I have been very lucky to be able to send my child to this school. It is by far the best public school in Broward County. It compares to the nicest private school without the price tag. The teachers are top notch, the Administrators really care and the Parents are very involved.

Posted August 24, 2013
This is one of the best and most wonderful high schools in all of Florida. It's incredibly high standards push the students to do their all out best. It has a positive and encouraging environment crafted for learning and moving forward. In my opinion Pompano Beach High School deserves nothing bu praise.

Posted June 24, 2013
Pompano Beach High School is very full of itself. There is very little oversight when it comes to teachers' bad behavior. My son has had two teachers who graded work and simply threw it away without letting students review it or be able to question the grade. An English teacher was unable to communicate effectively in writing. She also didn't put one mark on the essays she graded, and the grading was arbitrary by her own admission. My son had two more serious issues, but I don't want him identified as a result of this rating. Trust me, they were even worse in their flagrant inappropriateness. When issues are brought to this highly INEFFECTIVE administration, they demand that you have face to face meetings with the teachers (between 7am and 3:30pm) before they get involved. Phone conferences don't count...even for those of us struggling to earn a living. They talk the talk about being a good school, but they don't walk the walk. They expect more from students behavior-wise than they expect from their teachers. How this school achieves an A rating boggles the mind.

Posted March 29, 2013
Pompano Beach High is overall an awesome school. It's safe, and when students work hard enough, Pompano is the perfect stepping stone to attend any college of that student's choice. I am finishing my senior year at Pompano right now, and honestly, I don't feel I would have achieved as much at any other school. The only concern I have/downfall about Pompano is the administration. The principal is a nice and dedicated guy, but the rest of the admins really don't care enough about the students. That said, I would greatly reccommend PBHS.

Posted September 17, 2012
Initially, I was accepted and soon enrolled in this school. I am quite the procrastinator and underachiever, although I do relish excellent grades. Pompano Beach High School overwhelmed me with stress and a constant urge to just give up despite the reassurance I was given at home. This is not a school for intellectual, yet lazy people like myself. I underestimated this school and have ceased myself from being brainwashed that academics are everything. I do admit that the teachers are decent in quality and actually want their students to learn. For the most part, PBHS sets too high of a caliber, considering some of their pupils scored a level 3 on the FCAT. If you are hardworking, bright, and looking forward to five hours of work each weeknight, take the dive.

Posted February 28, 2012
I am a Freshman at Pompano Beach High School, and proud to be! Yes, It is a struggle every day for me to maintain a B average, my social life has slowly diminished and my grades are not as good as they would be in other schools. But the education here is the best, i have never had a problem with anyone and I am never bored. I am glad that i applied and honored to have gotten in.

Pompano Beach High School
600 Northeast 13th Avenue, Pompano Beach, FL  33060
(754) 322-2000
Last modified Pompano Beach High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pompano Beach High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top