297 students|Holmes

Bad
Good

First let me say that, I am typing this on my iPod so there may be typos. In advance "I am sorry". As a student at Ponce de Leon High School (known by all as pdlhs) I have to say that pdlhs is a VERY unique school. The small size gives the studenst, that are passionate about learning, the ablility to ask questions in and out off class. Also, the teachers and students become very close; this gives the teacher the ability to see if the student understand the material or not. This aids in the teaching process. Now, as #1 in my class, I see how this school is limited. The school offers leads cources, clubs, and than school that serve a larger number of students but not due to a lack of interest or caring. I am part of the pdlhs's attempt to offer distance learning. As far as the comment about the school being "clicky". It is not hard to get allong if you are not related to the teachers. I am not related to the teachers nor do I play sports and I have never been labeled as a troublemaker. The reason I gave pdlhs three stars out if five was the current lack of cources offered and a few teachers are loss in their teaching methods. If you have any problems email me.

This is a very clicky school. If you are kin to the many teachers and families of the area you're good. If not you will be labeled a troublemaker if you speak out and request equal opportunity. Academics have improved. Sports are for basketball fans only, all others need not apply. I hear Drama is execellent.

Last modified Ponce De Leon High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.