Ponce De Leon Elementary School 2

Posted December 09, 2013
Very poor communication between parents & teachers! I have been extremely disappointed in the lack of concern for areas of difficulty with my child with his teacher! When he was in Kindergarten I had the most incredible relationship with his teacher. She was always readily available & more than willing to take the time needed to address any & all issues concerning my child's education, how well he was doing or issues that needed more attention. U cannot say the same for his 1st grade teacher however. She is always in a rush, seems like she is disinterested in talking with me concerning the interest of my child's education. As far as I am concerned Holmes County QWES my child a good quality education, as do they each & every child in that school. The lack if communication with parent & teacher is a serious problem. The homework that they are given come with little or mostly no instruction fircthe Parent to be able to help their child learn. I wish we had another school in our county b/c I would certainly place him there!! Not a happy parent at all!! They really need to step it up or it will be the children who will suffer not the teacher!! More involvement NEDDED!!!!!!!

Ponce De Leon Elementary School 2

Posted July 26, 2013
Ponce does NOT utilize parent involvement, computer and other technology resources ALREADY FREELY AVAILABLE BY DISTRICT. High teacher turnover for good teachers, poor in-school communication from top down, parents not made aware of programs available. There are teachers, counselors and others that do care very much but you have to get inside information to know who these people are. Administration leaves it up to individual teachers as to whether they take classes for technology and up to date information every year, so hope you are lucky enough get one of these teachers.HIGHLY RECOMMEND that if you have to attend this school, the first thing you should do is get your child an Area II district advocate to aid in looking out for their best interests keep and in touch with them weekly as TOP ADMIN AND TEACHERS HARD TO WORK AND MEET WITH. Advice coming from 5 years( Pre-K to 4th grade experiences), please learn from my naivety about all schools taking "NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND" seriously & end up spending thousands on supplementary materials, locating information, frustration and begging for information. VERY IMPORTANT TO BE PROACTIVE AT THIS SCHOOL AS WELL AS CONSTANT FOLLOW UP.

Posted November 21, 2008
Ponce de Leon Elementary is a relatively small school, and has an excellent faculty and staff. They all truly care about the students and make an effort to address each of their individual needs.

Ponce De Leon Elementary School 0

Posted May 22, 2008
The school is great and the tachers are perfect i went to school there started in 3rd grade and mrs. peak and mrs. sims helped me out good and i love all of the faculty and staff and the school it self

Posted February 11, 2008
I go to school their and I have never learned more.It is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ponce De Leon Elementary School 0

Posted August 01, 2007
I drive almost 80 miles a day from another county to bring my children here. No regrets. The administration is always easily available. Everyone is so helpful and kind. The teachers keep you up to date on your child's progress. This is a small school, with a family,, and christian base. At my son's first field day, my husband wasn't wearing a name badge. Within a few minutes, a woman from the school came up and questioned who he was, and didn't leave until satisfied. The safety here is phenomenol.

Posted May 25, 2007
This is an absolutely great school. I have always felt welcomed any time I visit the school. They offer many activities to keep the students absorbed in learning and thye make it fun. They are very good about sending letters home about upcoming events and keeping the parents posted on any issues concerning their child. I am very impressed with this school and the faculty. My husband and I are very pleased with the decision we made to let our children be 'little pirates!'

Posted September 20, 2006
This is a great school because the teachers and faculty really listen to the parents and always take time to talk with the parents. The teachers are very concerned about their students and help any way they can.

Posted October 17, 2003
Ponce de Leon Elementary has excellent teachers and staff. Volunteer program helps provide extra support for the students.

Ponce De Leon Elementary School 4

Posted September 29, 2003

Ponce De Leon Elementary School
1473 Ammons Road, Ponce de Leon, FL  32455
Last modified Ponce De Leon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ponce De Leon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top