Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Students enrolled: 1,776

Posted August 30, 2015
What a terrific school. The academic opportunities are tremendous. They have IB, AVID/STARR, Honors, academies-Comminication, Engineering and the # 1 NJROTC program in the nation. The arts are well represented, Theater, Musicals, Chorus and a award winning Band. Athletics are well represented with every sport. The best part is the student make up. With all the programs in the school, a very diverse population exists. Bullying is not tolerated, everyone is nice, really. Glad to have my children as part of this community.

Allen D Nease Senior High School
Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 30, 2015
When you sign up for your classes, you have an idea of homework required. You will have more for IB or AP classes.

Posted November 10, 2013
Just ask the marching band how awesome this school is! Pride of St. John's County in all aspects, not just marching band! IB, Advanced Placement, ROTC, athletics, great academics - it's got it all!

Allen D Nease Senior High School 4

Posted September 04, 2013
I started to attend Nease halfway through my senior year. I came from a very under privileged High School in GA. It was a HUGE upgrade. Some students complained that it was the "poor" school, but it was far from that (especially since they were driving Mercedes and BMW's). I sadly didn't get to play sports there due to coming in to late. But, I did get to enjoy their amazing art program! It was a great school and I loved all the teachers that I had. Academically I think that it was wonderful, especially for a public school. And even though I was there for a short time period, I made life long friends!

Allen D Nease Senior High School 4

Posted March 19, 2013
Nease High School is, by far, an A++ school. The teachers are excellent and each level of curriculum is beneficial to all types of students. The kids, just like any other school, are mixed in personalities and "styles," so to speak. Anywhere you go, you get the mix of not-so-great kids with attitudes to match, but in all honesty, Nease has some pretty great kids. Bullying is never tolerated and there is a very low level of fighting/drug/alcohol abuse, if even any at all. Like I said, you get the mix of the good and the bad, though. Deciding between Nease and Ponte Vedra? Definitely choose Nease! After all, who doesnt want to graduate and say they graduated from one of the top 100 schools?

Allen D Nease Senior High School 2

Posted March 17, 2011
Overall not a bad school but definetly has suffered losses when most students with high academic scores left for Ponte Vedre and along with them excellent staff. Left now with a B rating is evident of the slippery slope we are going down. Knowing what I know now I would buy into another school district. Over the last 2 years that my child has attended I have come to the realization that there is little to no recourse with the administration here and all they care about is that your child is "no trouble". They do not show concern AT ALL if he or she fails. You are a "good student" if you have no disciplinary issues. They will notify you THAT day if your child misses a class (a good thing) but will not even send a note home if there are failing grades.

Posted February 06, 2010
Excellent leadership from Principal and adminiistration... Stellar academic programs... Top-rate athletic program...

Posted May 23, 2009
Nease -great academics- great sports- great arts .Kind teachers- respectful kids . Organized administration . Best school in the county

Posted May 17, 2009
Nease high school is the best School in St. Johns county hands down. Entering this school I knew that my classes would be difficult but, the teachers are very helpful and understanding. I am Looking foward to graduating from the Outstanding school.

Posted February 06, 2009
This school is wonderful for those who want to go to IB to challenge themselves and ROTC for the Military! This schools campus is mostly outdoor due to Florida and is one of the many best in Florida

Allen D Nease Senior High School
10550 Ray Road, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL  32081
Last modified Allen D Nease Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Allen D Nease Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top