894 students|St. Johns

Bad
Good

The teachers and staff at OPE are among the most exceptional educators that I, as a mother of three, have found after being at 3 other highly ranked elementary schools (in CT, GA, and FL). This school actually cares about the kids, as well as their families, and most importantly education. Its not clear what drives the motivation and dynamics at this school, but the consistency of their passion is reflected in my kids willingness and enthusiasm to learn. Whatever my kids take away from their grammar school years, my one hope is that they are instilled with a true love for learning and I am certain that this is the institution where they will find that love!

I am a Ocean Palms "graduate" and out of all the schools that i have attended Ocean Palms is by far the best! The teachers are outstanding and personally care about each of their students, which is a rarity in most schools today. There is a lot of parent involvement (PTO, etc...) and the students are very nice. Overall an awesome place to send your child.

Ocean Palms is awesome. My son loves the school and so do I. We are so fortunate to live in such a wonderful county that enables us to enjoy such a wonderful school.

My son is in Kindergarten at Ocean Palms, and his teacher, Mary DeSanto, is incredible. She does very well with all the children, and takes pride in watching each child progress. The principal too is a very nice and engaged man who makes it a point to know each student's name. All in all, I am quite pleased that my son is a student at Ocean Palms Elementary.

Florida makes it very difficult for schools to excel because the state puts as little as possible into them. Even with the state driven hurdles Ocean Palms faces, it manages to be an excellent school academically and socially. The parents and staff are people who value our children and know that this is our one chance to make them the best they can be. Every year, the PTO makes sure it does whatever it can to update materials for the classrooms. The principal is always visible and lending a hand. Parents volunteer and know they can make a difference.

I transferred from PVPV to Ocean Palms after a move. I was not sure about the switch because I was so happy with my child's education and growth at PVPV. I love Ocean Palms. One thing that is evident when you walk in the door and meet the staff is that they care about your child and his or her overall happiness and progress. I cannot say I ever felt this at PVPV. PVPV seemed be more driven by test scores and how many books each child could read in a school year. Don't get me wrong, I expect alot out of my child ( who is in the excelerated program ) but I think some of us forget, they are children. They should be enjoying school and after school as well. I really love Ocean Palms and the fact that they allow our kids to be kids.

Last modified Ocean Palms Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.