PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

This school successfully prepares students for their future. Curriculum and learning activities are designed to teach our students how to think across all content areas, to collaborate, and to be socially and emotionally ready to be productive citizens. They maintain high standards in all content areas and deliver personalized education.
September 11, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Charlotte Academy 2

Posted September 21, 2015
To the parent that refuses to believe the negitive review that's your issue you had your kids in public school then moved them to CA. If you look closely you would find far more higher functioning private schools I'm the area. This school maybe your children's haven but it was my child's nightmare. I had a teacher with a Montersorri certification delving in the complicated area of child psychology by diagnosing and victimizing my child.Thank god my 25 years of medical and psychology experience made me pull my child out of this school. She also subjected my four year old to writing a two page letter explaining how he pushed other kids. Then diagnosed him as autistic. So you believe what you want. Moreover I was told that reading and writing were autistic skills. Go figure. Thank god my child is now in a better school and aparently is flourishing. Their level of educational assessment is unplanned and disorganised. ...aparently have not hear of continuous assessment and prompt feedback. This terminology is foreign to them. This teacher put my child on time out in a closet in the classroom. No 4 year old forgets that. Now look back at the site and read the review from the parent whose daughter was locked in the bathroom. How coincidental then you choose tho challenge me.

Posted September 14, 2015
Giving CA a 5 star rating is an understatement!! We have been with this school for the past 3 years now. Before that we have experienced public school with our oldest 2 for many years. CA does not compare to any other school that I have ever encountered. As far as the 2 poor reviews on this site I refuse to believe. ALL of the staff are beyond professional, caring, and loving! I would also like to say, in response to the review that states that this school caters to the "elite" and "wealthy"... that is just not true at all. My family as well as many others, are middle class and receive scholarships and financial aid in order to send our children to this school. The "wealthy" and "elite" families at CA are possibly the nicest, most down to earth people I have ever met. When we first sent our children to school here, I was concerned we wouldn't fit in. However the complete opposite happened, and we were more then welcomed with open arms. We did have a home visit, which made me and my children feel so special and comfortable with the teachers. I would, and have recommend this amazing school to every parent I know.

Develops honesty: no rating

Posted September 11, 2015
- a school leader
Strongly Agree. This school develops honesty, integrity and fairness in students. Teachers maintain good discipline.

Posted September 11, 2015
- a school leader

Posted September 09, 2015
When my oldest son was three years old, we interviewed at Charlotte Academy. After we left the interview, I told my husband that we had to send our son there. We were excited to find a Montessori program in Port Charlotte. Two years later when his younger brother was ready for school, he started at Charlotte Academy, too, We love the school and so do our children! I cannot say enough positive things about the teachers, curriculum, students, and parents. It is a great school!

Charlotte Academy 1

Posted June 18, 2015
I suport the review written on 10 January 2014 by a parent that claims his daughter was locked in a bathroom. This school did nothing for my 4 year old child accept cause him to regress emotionally and cognitively. After pulling him out he told me his teacher put him on time out in cupboard, which he described in graphic detail. My husband visited the school and confirmed that this cupboard exsited. His teacher then embarked on a slandering mission and recruited one of her colleagues to make negitive comments about my child. This school is not as caring and committed to working class parents, it supports the wealthy... their classes are smaller because parents have come to realise that their kids would get a better education elsewhere.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 18, 2015
This school supports the elite upper class the teachers conduct bogus home visits to assess your financial status. They even spend time tutoring rich kids in there homes for additional funds.... amazing because those other reviews posted are by wealthy people that practically run the school.

Posted October 03, 2014
When my daughter went to public school she was having such severe anxiety the entire 4th quarter we kept her home. She has been in Charlotte Academy for almost two years now. They have worked with my duaghter, molded her, uplifted and empowered her so now she realizes that she can do anything. She has come so far that she is part ot their after school theater program "CATS" and she is hoping for the lead. Please send your children to this school, my daughter is a better, stronger ,and smarter person because of Charlotte Academy and their staff. P.S. my little guy is in kindergarten there this year and he learned to read in about two weeks!

Posted May 07, 2014
I am so happy that I decided to put my three year old child in Charlotte Academy, rather than a traditional daycare. I am amazed at his intellectual progress on a daily basis- from his math and reading skills, to his independence and character. I can't imagine sending him anywhere else! The class sizes are perfect and the Montessori method really seems to work for the children...I recommend this school to all of my friends!

Posted April 09, 2014
Charlotte Academy provides a unique, superb educational experience in Charlotte County. Small class sizes, outstanding faculty and family atmosphere make CA stand out . Children develop a love of learning early on and are challenged at every level. Many go on to be in the top of their high school classes and go on to top notch colleges and universities. If you are looking for an alternative to public school, this is the place.

365 Orlando Boulevard, Port Charlotte, FL  33954