Port Charlotte, FL

Charlotte Academy 1

Posted June 18, 2015
I suport the review written on 10 January 2014 by a parent that claims his daughter was locked in a bathroom. This school did nothing for my 4 year old child accept cause him to regress emotionally and cognitively. After pulling him out he told me his teacher put him on time out in cupboard, which he described in graphic detail. My husband visited the school and confirmed that this cupboard exsited. His teacher then embarked on a slandering mission and recruited one of her colleagues to make negitive comments about my child. This school is not as caring and committed to working class parents, it supports the wealthy... their classes are smaller because parents have come to realise that their kids would get a better education elsewhere.

Charlotte Academy
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 18, 2015
This school supports the elite upper class the teachers conduct bogus home visits to assess your financial status. They even spend time tutoring rich kids in there homes for additional funds.... amazing because those other reviews posted are by wealthy people that practically run the school.

Posted October 03, 2014
When my daughter went to public school she was having such severe anxiety the entire 4th quarter we kept her home. She has been in Charlotte Academy for almost two years now. They have worked with my duaghter, molded her, uplifted and empowered her so now she realizes that she can do anything. She has come so far that she is part ot their after school theater program "CATS" and she is hoping for the lead. Please send your children to this school, my daughter is a better, stronger ,and smarter person because of Charlotte Academy and their staff. P.S. my little guy is in kindergarten there this year and he learned to read in about two weeks!

Posted May 07, 2014
I am so happy that I decided to put my three year old child in Charlotte Academy, rather than a traditional daycare. I am amazed at his intellectual progress on a daily basis- from his math and reading skills, to his independence and character. I can't imagine sending him anywhere else! The class sizes are perfect and the Montessori method really seems to work for the children...I recommend this school to all of my friends!

Posted April 09, 2014
Charlotte Academy provides a unique, superb educational experience in Charlotte County. Small class sizes, outstanding faculty and family atmosphere make CA stand out . Children develop a love of learning early on and are challenged at every level. Many go on to be in the top of their high school classes and go on to top notch colleges and universities. If you are looking for an alternative to public school, this is the place.

Posted April 02, 2014
Charlotte Academy is by far one of the best schools in our area! The staff is superb, and not to mention their care and compassion towards the students and families make it even more wonderful! "A big family"I would highly recommend this school! A+++++ to Charlotte Academy!!!!

Posted April 02, 2014
I can write a book on how this school goes above and beyond! My son has made such a huge improvement since starting Charlotte Academy from public school. He genuinely LOVES to go to school everyday! His academics have improved tremendously as well. The LOVE overflows from the staff onto the students. Could not be happier!

Posted February 03, 2014
I am disappointed with this school because they aren't superior to public schools in any way.

Posted January 10, 2014
We used Charlotte Academy for a semester and found that I could do a better job teaching my child. At Charlotte Academy she actually regressed emotionally, forgot skills & facts she'd learned the months prior to attending, and her attendance there spurred odd behavioral issues that disappeared when she left. It wasn't until months later that she told me her teachers left her in the bathroom to "pull herself together" whenever she was having a hard time (at 4 years old). This was not the kind of caring place I'd envisioned, nor did it develop her academically in any way. Now that she's had some time homeschooling, she's advanced by 1.5 years in math and is reading 4-5 grade levels above her actual grade. She's happier here and we are too.

Posted December 11, 2013
I am somewhat disappointed in this school. I moved my son here because he is very smart and was bored in regular school, he was bored here too,. Turns out they teach mostly the same stuff as public school and they aren't a true Montessori. While the assignments may be a bit different and hands on, there is still not enough room for advancement and they still teach to the same standard core curriculum. I found that most of the parents were very involved and attended many of the field trips. They have monthly field trips, which is much better than public school. My son enjoys it more here than regular school, but I am more frustrated here. I don't like that I can't volunteer in the class room on a regular basis, only during special events. Its really not worth the price.

Charlotte Academy