Port Charlotte, FL

Posted October 03, 2014
When my daughter went to public school she was having such severe anxiety the entire 4th quarter we kept her home. She has been in Charlotte Academy for almost two years now. They have worked with my duaghter, molded her, uplifted and empowered her so now she realizes that she can do anything. She has come so far that she is part ot their after school theater program "CATS" and she is hoping for the lead. Please send your children to this school, my daughter is a better, stronger ,and smarter person because of Charlotte Academy and their staff. P.S. my little guy is in kindergarten there this year and he learned to read in about two weeks!

Posted May 07, 2014
I am so happy that I decided to put my three year old child in Charlotte Academy, rather than a traditional daycare. I am amazed at his intellectual progress on a daily basis- from his math and reading skills, to his independence and character. I can't imagine sending him anywhere else! The class sizes are perfect and the Montessori method really seems to work for the children...I recommend this school to all of my friends!

Posted April 09, 2014
Charlotte Academy provides a unique, superb educational experience in Charlotte County. Small class sizes, outstanding faculty and family atmosphere make CA stand out . Children develop a love of learning early on and are challenged at every level. Many go on to be in the top of their high school classes and go on to top notch colleges and universities. If you are looking for an alternative to public school, this is the place.

Posted April 02, 2014
Charlotte Academy is by far one of the best schools in our area! The staff is superb, and not to mention their care and compassion towards the students and families make it even more wonderful! "A big family"I would highly recommend this school! A+++++ to Charlotte Academy!!!!

Posted April 02, 2014
I can write a book on how this school goes above and beyond! My son has made such a huge improvement since starting Charlotte Academy from public school. He genuinely LOVES to go to school everyday! His academics have improved tremendously as well. The LOVE overflows from the staff onto the students. Could not be happier!

Posted February 03, 2014
I am disappointed with this school because they aren't superior to public schools in any way.

Posted January 10, 2014
We used Charlotte Academy for a semester and found that I could do a better job teaching my child. At Charlotte Academy she actually regressed emotionally, forgot skills & facts she'd learned the months prior to attending, and her attendance there spurred odd behavioral issues that disappeared when she left. It wasn't until months later that she told me her teachers left her in the bathroom to "pull herself together" whenever she was having a hard time (at 4 years old). This was not the kind of caring place I'd envisioned, nor did it develop her academically in any way. Now that she's had some time homeschooling, she's advanced by 1.5 years in math and is reading 4-5 grade levels above her actual grade. She's happier here and we are too.

Posted December 11, 2013
I am somewhat disappointed in this school. I moved my son here because he is very smart and was bored in regular school, he was bored here too,. Turns out they teach mostly the same stuff as public school and they aren't a true Montessori. While the assignments may be a bit different and hands on, there is still not enough room for advancement and they still teach to the same standard core curriculum. I found that most of the parents were very involved and attended many of the field trips. They have monthly field trips, which is much better than public school. My son enjoys it more here than regular school, but I am more frustrated here. I don't like that I can't volunteer in the class room on a regular basis, only during special events. Its really not worth the price.

Posted August 12, 2013
Charlotte Academy provides a very warm environment in which children are challenged academically. The parents are very involved which adds to the great learning environment.

Posted August 12, 2013
Charlotte Academy is a wonderful school. I have had two children attend and I am thrilled by their progress and academic achievement. One started at age four and one started in second grade. So, I have experienced every grade level. One of my children was an academic superstar. The other struggled a bit in the younger grades. I was very impressed by the way the school responded to both children. The individual attention they received was outstanding. Even though the school does not "teach to the test," they really hit it out of the park with regard to standardized testing. Performance on the Stanford Achievement test averages several years above grade level. Every year, a majority of 7th grade students qualify to participate in the DUKE Talent Identification program. Students routinely win at regional history and science fair competitions. If you want a challenging academic environment and a loving staff, you can't make a better choice than Charlotte Academy. Charlotte Academy was voted best private school in Charlotte County for two years in a row. Now I know why.

Charlotte Academy