PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted November 14, 2015
The treatment received by my child at this school was nothing but unfair. There is some good teachers, unfortunately, they are stuck in the wrong school.

Community Christian School 1

Posted November 14, 2015
Not what I was expected from a Christian school. We had a terrible a experience and unfair treatment. Not recommended.

Community Christian School 4

Posted August 02, 2014
I am a long time teacher at CCS. We have recently been through a lot of changes and all I can say is, Praise God! The new principal has really brought the standard of education to a much higher level and I am really proud to be a part of this faculty.

Posted November 04, 2013
We have a new Principal this year and we have never been better. This school has always had great spirit, and my children have always felt loved and cared for at CCS. The new Principal has created an excitement that is contagious. We are so happy!

Community Christian School 3

Posted September 07, 2013
My daughter attended from Kindergarten until Sophomore in High School. The Elementary portion was terrific, My daughter loved school until one day the new science teacher showed up. He was especially hard on my daughter. He allowed the special students to literally get away with anything. They bragged about it!! The English teacher literally screamed and yelled at my daughter. One afternoon the kids were told to put their chairs up on the table as they left. It was very noisy and my daughter didn't hear her. Also, several other kids walked out without stacking the chairs. This teacher marched after my daughter and loudly corrected her in the parking lot! My daughter was in tears. I cannot say the high school was especially helpful to her on tests, as we moved her to public. She learned more in her few years in public high school than she ever learned at CCS high school and she kept her Christian faith. I would have moved her out of CCS far sooner had I known. They applaud the abusive discipline as Christian and do not care they are crushing someone's love of learning. I do not recommend this school after Elementary.

Posted January 06, 2011
My first daughter attended CCS from 2nd to 5th grade starting in 2000, and now my second daughter is attended her second year at CCS for the 2010/2011 school year. I feel very blessed to have my children attending such an excellent Chrisitian School. I feel it is the best Christian school in Charlotte County. The teachers are excellent and willing to help with all circumstances and office admin is just as willing to help. I have never had any problems. The only thing I would like to see is a different version of the Bible used, but this is minor in the quality of the school.

Posted October 22, 2009
Hi! I go to ccs and I love it. And if you miss homework you do not get detention. This school has been a blessing to me!!!!!

Posted June 10, 2009
There isn't a better school in the county! My daughter will be a senior this year. She has been at CCS since 7th grade and loves it. The school is open to Pre-K through 12th grade. CCS offers honors courses, dual enrollment and a wide variety of sports starting in junior high. CCS has Homecoming dances as well as Prom. Graduates go on to major universities such as UCF, FSU, UF, FL Southern, etc. Students graduate with eligibility for Florida Brights as well as other major scholorships. In addition to all of that, the classes are biblically integrated allowing students to be spiritually and academically sound. Enrollment is increasing by the day. That should speak for itself!!

Community Christian School 1

Posted October 10, 2008
Getting out of here was the best thing that happened to me, miss a homework, detention, 4 detentions, in school suspension. and then repeats for every 4 detentions. The high school curriculum isnt as good as public schools in my opinion. Definitely more happy at Charlotte High.

Community Christian School 4

Posted January 30, 2007
My daughter has attended the school for 3 years now. I have been pleased with the teachers and staff. In the jr. high and high school level. My son has been here for acouple of years now, not pleased with the 5th and 6th grade teachers as much. Still the foundation they are getting while being here out way public school by along shot.Great kids with strong faith and good morals attend this school. I highly recommed the school.

20035 Quesada Avenue, Port Charlotte, FL  33952
Last modified Community Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12