Port Charlotte Middle School 2

Posted August 25, 2014
So apparently around here they choose the gifted program kids in 5th grade and according to the school there is no way to get in after that. Even if you moved here after 5th grade, even if you got straight A's in 6th grade and almost aced the FCAT, they'll put you in 1 advanced class as a "reward" in seventh grade and up to three advanced classes in 8th. They will not, however, let him into the gifted program since he wasn't selected in 5th grade. Oh, and he was chosen by all his teachers for National Junior Honor Society since he leads the way, always does the right thing, and volunteers to help the teachers. My son says his teachers are so lazy that they leave the classroom in frustration when the kids goof off, and they play catch in class and hit each other.

Port Charlotte Middle School 2

Posted February 12, 2014
Honestly I think this school is pretty good. The teachers are pretty good (some a little strict but they are still nice) and the Band is awesome, especially the teacher! But there would be two reasons why I rate this a two star. First of is the classmates. There is so many bullying activity going on and so many are very mean and unsupportive. One time a girl bullied this other girl and beated her just because she dislikes her. Students are very disrespectful to teachers and are just plain horrible. A lot of fights too. Stay there for three semesters to know what I mean. The second reason would be the lunch room. It's small and the lines always quickly get long. There isn't enough lunch hours and I'm often left still hungry. Sometimes we only get fifteen minutes to eat. This school could do much better than this, I know it could

Posted November 29, 2011
This school was horrible for my kid. she suffered in this school. she has told me about this school. this is nothing but a fighting school. there is fights almost everyday in this school. the kids are out of control. the staff cant handle them. apparently they have installed cameras in this school but i guess they dont work or the kids just dont care. i mean this is just horrible this school should be shut down for good.

Posted September 06, 2011
School is awful. We moved here a few months ago and this is the biggest downfall of this community. Fighting is rampant, kids are allowed to be bullied, teachers do not post grades on time. Transportation system is awful, kids getting hurt on buses, drivers not held accountable for letting kids off at wrong stops to attack other children.

Posted June 07, 2010
This school is an amazing school you will find some of the greastest teachers clubs and extracurricular activites there there's also a teacher there that will have a special place in my heart and she is ms. Martone she teaches in a fun and educational way she's funny while making sure things are in order. So if your choosing a middle school to go to if you just recently moved here or just going to middle school come here please

Posted May 03, 2010
I had the best education from that school. Great teachers, especially the music teacher. Good location but as with any school, they can always use more resources. I learned a lot at that school going on field trips and different activities. They were exceptional at getting students prepared for high school life. Wonderful school.

Posted August 03, 2009
My child only spent a few weeks at this school. It was a miserable experience for him. It seemed more like a prison than a school. They were not welcoming to volunteers. Many students seemed out of control. Not a good environment.

Posted May 12, 2009
This past year was miserable for my child! While the teachers and staff did their best, the buildings and classrooms made my daughter feel as though she was in a dungeon... she asked if she could go to a different school next year. Oh well....

Posted March 21, 2009
I have two children currently attending PCMS. They came from private school and are in the advanced program. My children came into the public system with low level writing and handwriting skills. So much for the thousands of dollars wasted there. I find it difficult to believe that a student wasn't challenged in this program. I don't think the work is rocket science but my kids are constantly bragging about how they are working with Senior High level materials. Yeah, they say it is easy but maybe that is because the teaching is so good. PCMS teachers often have more education than the average PHD. Each of my children has improved significantly on all measures and they love PCMS. By the way, the school continues to offer two levels of advanced classes in all grades. Budget cuts didn't impact a student's opportunity to achieve. Also, this area has school choice.

Port Charlotte Middle School 0

Posted January 28, 2009
This school is the best school ever!! All the teachers (most of them anyway) are very nice... They care for you and help you whenever needed.. I have 4 teachers that have been helping me before and after school to as much as 4 hours a day!! Most of all the teachers there were once students there. I soon plan on being a teacher at PCMS when I am older.. I recommend this school to everyone.. In some cases students are advanced in some subjects. Due to money cuts there arnt as many advanced classes as we did have in 2007.. We have a great school band that plays in the Christmas Parade every year. We have music class, Journalsim, and many more to enjoy.. Port Charlotte school has been an 'A' school for over 5 years.. I once was a 'F' student and now an 'A' student.. Gabriella

Port Charlotte Middle School
23000 Midway Boulevard, Port Charlotte, FL  33952
Last modified Port Charlotte Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Port Charlotte Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top