Port Charlotte, FL
Students enrolled: 1,682

Port Charlotte High School 1

Posted September 17, 2013
I have to say for a school that shows favoritism it not really the best but the worse ! So i am decided to transfer over to charlotte high where i can actually get some help. even though it hard for me and other student with the cost of gas and time it takes to get there.

Posted August 26, 2011
I went to this school and learned a whole lot from great teachers and a friendly environment.

Posted September 17, 2009
Great teachers, good academic program. Good sports programs.

Posted September 06, 2009
My son graduated in May and is excelling in his university work. My daughter is a junior at PCHS and is a student athlete. And believe me, the emphasis is on student first! We are the only A high school in Charlotte County and actually have back-to-back A's--quite an accomplishment. Our faculty and staff are second to none. I can't say enough about our principal and his dedication to the success of all students who attend PCHS---not just the athletes and top performers! Would not ever consider sending my children anywhere else!

Posted November 03, 2008
I am a former student and PCHS has developed great leadership programs. The students are encouraged to show pride in everything they do.

Posted April 26, 2008
This place is GREAT! Anyone with good grades and a good behavioral record living in the districts of Charlotte High or Lemon Bay High should certainly consider the open enrollment program, Port Charlotte High is Charlotte County's greatest! We beat our rivals in more ways than one! Our test scores have been 'A's when the competition received 'C's and 'D's, our NJROTC unit, MUN, and Band has out performed those of CHS and LBHS in great margins, we have a much better behavioral record, there is much less cliquishness and bullying than in other schools, and our athletic teams have defeated those of the other schools despite the fact that Charlotte High gets much more money from CCPS for athletics than we do. I'm on the open enrollment program, meaning I live in the district for Charlotte High but choose to attend Port Charlotte High instead because it's much better.

Posted November 06, 2007
Great clubs and activites for kids and wonderful teachers.

Posted October 08, 2007
i luv it ppl are nise staff is great

Posted July 10, 2007
A seven out of ten rating is a very deceiving score. Although the overall test scores weren't the best, the ones who actually tried did really well. AP exam grades are pretty much the highest in the county, and more kids passed than in Charlotte High or other Charlotte County schools. Moreover, our school has amazing extracurricular activities and brilliant teachers. Our MUN team is internationally known, our band is the best in the state, and multiple teachers have won Florida Teacher of the Year and Ms. Ortenzio was a runner-up for History Fair Teacher of the Year. Plus, there is a huge student-based involvement in community service and Pirate Pride. So a seven is simply not accurate enough to describe Port Charlotte High School.

Posted May 13, 2006
I interviewed at this school and it was very professional and informative. They follow proper procedures and look at references very closely. In my opinion it is a great school. I feel there is a commitment from the administration to promote academics and athletics. The didn't like all the gum on the cement at PCHS. If I had a choice on where to send my child, it would be to Port Charlotte or the other school Lemon

18200 Cochran Boulevard, Port Charlotte, FL  33948
Last modified Port Charlotte High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Port Charlotte High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top