1,623 students|Charlotte

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I don't know how you rate your schools. I think you need to look at more then the grades but how these kids are not given a fair chance at other academic opportunities. Port Charlotte High School Sports! There are major flaws in this school. They do not reward the kids with good or the best grades to play sports. Baseball doesn't reward players that work harder then all the other kids. They call a kid a hundred percenter works harder then anyone on the team has better grades then 90% of the baseball team. Sits the bench never gets to play. Basketball is a joke the highest kids grades on that team barely make the cut there not even good players but because of height they make the team. Then there are talented kids with almost 4.0 GPA's don't make then team. There is a major flaws with that. I believe the kids with better grades should be rewarded for there hard work. If this is rated a a top then why aren't these kids that deserve more then the ones that are not working as hard not rewarded. What kind of example are we setting by not rewarding are future for working harder putting in more time and effort to be better.

Amount of homework: Agree

Develops character: Disagree

I have to say for a school that shows favoritism it not really the best but the worse ! So i am decided to transfer over to charlotte high where i can actually get some help. even though it hard for me and other student with the cost of gas and time it takes to get there.

I went to this school and learned a whole lot from great teachers and a friendly environment.

Great teachers, good academic program. Good sports programs.

My son graduated in May and is excelling in his university work. My daughter is a junior at PCHS and is a student athlete. And believe me, the emphasis is on student first! We are the only A high school in Charlotte County and actually have back-to-back A's--quite an accomplishment. Our faculty and staff are second to none. I can't say enough about our principal and his dedication to the success of all students who attend PCHS---not just the athletes and top performers! Would not ever consider sending my children anywhere else!

I am a former student and PCHS has developed great leadership programs. The students are encouraged to show pride in everything they do.

This place is GREAT! Anyone with good grades and a good behavioral record living in the districts of Charlotte High or Lemon Bay High should certainly consider the open enrollment program, Port Charlotte High is Charlotte County's greatest! We beat our rivals in more ways than one! Our test scores have been 'A's when the competition received 'C's and 'D's, our NJROTC unit, MUN, and Band has out performed those of CHS and LBHS in great margins, we have a much better behavioral record, there is much less cliquishness and bullying than in other schools, and our athletic teams have defeated those of the other schools despite the fact that Charlotte High gets much more money from CCPS for athletics than we do. I'm on the open enrollment program, meaning I live in the district for Charlotte High but choose to attend Port Charlotte High instead because it's much better.

Great clubs and activites for kids and wonderful teachers.

Last modified Port Charlotte High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.