515 students|Charlotte

Bad
Good

Horrible experience. We had a new teacher in grade 1 who way over used the 'move the clip' system, was highly critical and made our 6 year old incredibly self conscious and scared to go to school. We had moved in from out of state before the beginning of the school year, it was already a difficult enough move without the added stress...We met several times with the teacher and principal, but no reasonable action was taken. Poor communication, we didn't ever have a good idea of what was being taught at school so we could reinforce the messages at home. They refuse to communicate by email citing some kind of privacy laws, it's as though they just don't want the parents to stay in contact. We moved our daughter to Vineland nearby and things have improved greatly. Vineland has a binder they issue at the beginning of the year that week-by-week lets parents know exactly what's being worked on, the complete opposite of Myakka.

My two children have just enrolled at Myakka River elementary. The staff has been amazing to my children and especially the nurse has gone above and beyond helping with my childrens records! So far top notch public choice!

MRES is not just a school, it is a family. There motto is, do good things and good things will follow. My motto as a MRES volunteer is 'lend a helping hand and a hand will always be there to hold.' It is the finest school in Charlotte County with a A rating. I bet it is the finest in the state and the entire country! Kindly, Renee` Galloway

My son went all 6yrs there and my daughter has gone 4yrs they love it! Some of the teachers there go above and beyond there job discriptions to make sure the kids get everything they need to learn and to become successful young adults. Thank you so much to the entire staff at MRES!

I have three kids who attend MRES and they love it! School is safe in a quiet residential area, extracurricular activities are excellent, teacher quality is outstanding and a new principal is young and energetic. Open house was great too which made transition very smooth for my kids.

We moved to the area after our son had already started Kindergarten. He made the transition smoothly with help from his teacher. Although we had heard negative comments about Florida education before we moved, we have been pleased with this school. The new principal has added a breath of fresh air with an emphasis on communication between parents and teachers, a safe campus, addressing concerns immediately with an open door policy. In reading the previous reviews, you can definitely tell when the new principal came on board. This is an A rated school and deservedly so. Our son is entering the fifth grade, we just attended the open house (which is also new under the new principal) and we're looking forward to a great year. We are happy our son ended up at Myakka and would recommend it to anyone.

Myakka is a great school with a great principal. My son has been there for two years and a lot of issues have come up and for the most part the school and its staff have been helpful and ontop of things.

Last modified Myakka River Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.