Port Orange, FL
Students enrolled: 1,133

Posted June 07, 2014
My son attended grades 6-8 and just finished. He has special needs but attended regular classes. We were very apprehensive about middle school since there are so many horror stories about bullying. However, my son had a wonderful experience there and had no problems with bullying. The other kids are generally very supportive and accepting of him, which is the exact opposite of what your hear about middle schoolers. At the eighth grade celebration night my wife and I were very touched when he got some of the loudest applause of any of the kids. There are some teachers who are difficult to deal with and are unresponsive to emails, etc.. However there are many others who really go out of their way to help your child get the best education possible. My wife and I and our son have many nice memories of Silver Sands.

Posted February 21, 2014
This school is in need of a new leader. My child was attacked in gym locker room because the teacher was on the computer instead of supervising the students. Then he was searched by the police. My child has a disability and the principal implied I was lying. They do not follow threw with any promises. In fact the principal humiliated my child and screamed for him to SHUT UP because he wanted to call his mother! They also refused my child a phone call to me. After this happened. Totally disgusting! Silver Sands needs a make over! I wish we could vote for a principal. Mrs Roland would be voted out she's been ruining the lives of children for many years!!!

Posted August 22, 2013
My school is very dedicated to providing an excellent education for all students. We have a special needs child who has been accepted for who he is and is treated with dignity and respect. The goal at Silver Sands is to ensure every student receives a quality education to better prepare them for what lies ahead. Thank you, Silver Sands' teachers and administrators

Posted October 04, 2012
Reviews should be allowed that reflect concerns and not screened out because they do not meet your definitiion of a great school. I suggest that Bullying be a major focus on this campus with enhance school oversight.

Posted October 26, 2010
I love this School. I'm an 8th grader now, but switched school this year. I miss it dearly, the teachers were so supportive and very nice.

Posted March 31, 2010

Posted February 26, 2010
It is not a bad school, just needs some fun activities

Posted February 23, 2010
Great school. Great teachers. Only bad thing is they need a renovation. Old lockers. But, very great.

Posted February 23, 2010

Posted August 11, 2009

Silver Sands Middle School
1300 Herbert Street, Port Orange, FL  32129
Last modified Silver Sands Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Silver Sands Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top