787 students|Volusia

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Amount of homework: no rating

it is not wqualntity of homework but quality. in 5th gifted it was repetitive, but it was the only writing they did (at home), no writing done in class al year whatsoever.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

I can only speak for 5th grade gifted. ineffective in makign it pleasant with his total lack of caring and empathy and obvious favoring of boys over girls (doesnt even call on girls), but she has learned a few things becuase let's face it you can't be in there all day and learn nothing, but nothing has been project based and as soon as testing completed he took a week off and went on a cruise!

The teachers are great! I have been able to communicate with all very nicely which is extremely important .

So happy with this school. Both my children enjoy going to school everyday. New principal is wonderful!

My daughter has gone here for K-2 and only due to a move we are leaving. The teachers are loving and caring towards the children. There is awesome involvement from parents. And I disagree with one comment about it not being racially diverse. My daughter has had many friends from different ethnic backgrounds. The staff in the office, cafeteria and custodians are always friendly too! It is always kept very clean.

Teacher's, Principals, and staff are the GREATEST!!! They care for the students and love each and every one. The teacher's go out of their way to ensure the students enjoy what they are learning.

I love this school. My 2 boys love this school cause they love their teacher, friends, and even school staffs. My family will move other state, but I can't find great school like this!!!

love it could not have chosen a better school

Problems My child being away for the first time away from her mother and father in kindergarden. The first meeting with her teacher feeling very unsure.Making my wife and I to seek more imput. My wife brought our daughter the first day. After 5 min I was promptly asked to leave the classroom. Not wanting to cause conflict. She returned to have lunch coming home and speaking to me still feeling uncomfterable with the affair. Prompted me to take our child the second day. Enjoyed breakfast within 10 min of observing our daughter in her classroom I was asked to leave by the princible asking why for we are only concerned for the well being of our daughter. Being told 'born and raised here and being an educater for 20 something years'. Making me feel more of an outsider. More than I already feel.

My grandchildren have the opportunity for an excellent education at this elementary school, I am very pleased with everything about it. The Principal, staff, teachers get high grades in my opinion. Keep up the great work Cypress Creek!

Last modified Cypress Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.