Fox Hollow Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 572 students

Sweep tile

Posted December 12, 2013

this school does have great teachers and great opportunity for the students and always try to keep me informed because they understand that I am a single working mother and have trouble keeping up. I know that there is also a few teacher I feel should just be FIRED but it doesn't always work that way. my only complaint is some of the communication between one another . such as my daughter was sent home with a fever and as we all know a child is not aloud back in for 24 hours after the fever has gone away ok so she ended up being out 3 days and 2 another time because even though the ER gave her crotches she was not aloud to have them at school for a sprained ankle even so ok but when I received a phone call from the social worker wanting me to explain why she was truant it just blew my mind I was little upset but other than that 5 stars . I feel like my children are loved at this school which is the second most important to me next to academic achievement

Posted October 9, 2012

We are a new family to Fox Hollow and my child is in the fourth grade in their gifted program. My child attended Day Spring Academy which is known for it's high academics. My child got nothing but straight A's all four years and at least two hours of homework every night and double on weekends and the staff and principal were horrible. I can honestly say that at Fox Hollow my chlid is definitly being challenged and the staff and the vice prinical at Fox Hollow are wonderful! They have made the transition so easy and have made us feel so welcomed and my child looks forward to going to school every day. Happy children make for a better furture for our country. I definitly give this school a five star rating. Fox Hollow also has a great Odessy of the Minds team. This school rocks!!!

Posted November 22, 2008

Fox Hollow has many wonderful teachers and staff members. No it is not perfect. Although, they do have amazing teachers like Mrs. Shipe, Mr. Lochen, Ms. Jenkins, Ms. Jarvis, Ms. Spears, and Mr. Fry. There are many more teachers that love what they do at this school, these are the teachers that my child has grown to love. They have also earned the respect of my family. I can not comment on the principal because I do not know what she deals with from the school board. Parents need to remember that every thing rolls down hill. She is most likely doing what she is asked to do from the school board. Many people complain to the board and things haven't changed. Maybe it's not Ms. Miller's choice. If the teachers were aloud to rate the parents, would you be on here with five stars?

Posted September 29, 2008

Fox hollow is not the worst school ,trust me ,i believe fox hollow is a very good school we the parents sometimes make it a bad school no offence,

Posted September 17, 2008

I am not a happy parent who's children attend Fox Hollow. It is not a friendly atmosphere from the administration and some of the teachers DO NOT deserve to be teachers. I am not happy with the introducing of academics instead of teaching them, I have been turned away from getting help for my child.

Posted August 26, 2008

i would do anything to pull my kids out of fox hollow. they are unorganized and the principle is not friendly as well as the asst principle, there dismisal is the worse i have ever seen. the worse school i have had to ever deal with.............. very unhappy parent. im speaking for other paents as well

Posted April 9, 2008

I volunteer here and the staff and everyone is very friendly. I used to have my daughter at a Montessori school in Holiday so I was worried when she went to a Public school but the teachers and staff are very friendly and kind. There is always some type of activity going on and some type of afterschool get together.

Posted January 10, 2008

My son has been at this school for 4 years. The pre-k program was phenomenol. He has always had very attentive teachers. This school is gorgeous! Well maintained and nicely situated. There are so many oppurtunites this school offers for parents, I got my GED test paid for in full because of a program at this school. The staff are great:Great teachers and caring faculty. Only one complaint: The principal. That is the only reason there is not a fifth star on my rating. Lisa Miller does not return phonecalls to parents, does not seem truly to care about the students. The schools ratings went down after all the hard work Mrs. Moreno did (who was a fantastic principal!) I just think it is time for a new leader in this school.

Posted November 9, 2007

My son went to this school last year, and I was very dissatisified with the education that he was recieving. He didn't even get a far shake most of the time...he is special needs, and the teacher or staff didn't even take this into consideration..the communication with the teacher was not good at all, and I would not suggest my child going to this school again in the future or any of my children.

Posted August 18, 2007

my daughter, going into fourth grade this year, told me after meet your teacher day that she was actually excited to go to school the first day, what with all the kind, involved, understanding teachers whom love to teach and are good with the discipline situation.thank you very much

Posted February 14, 2007

Our son has been at Fox Hollow since Fall of '06 and has had such a hard time. They just seem to be missing that caring, nurturing, going above and beyond atmosphere that kids excel in.

Posted July 21, 2006

My Son went to this school from 2005-2006. My only concern was the front office staff and the principal. They would never return any of my calls concerning my child and the principal would just flat out ignore me and give me run around answers. This school was so much more of a pleasure to work with before the 2005 school year.

Posted May 30, 2006

Fox Hollow lost much of its spirit when the county allowed so many of the instructional and support staff to transfer. The principal who helped turn the school into an A school transferred and that seemed to do the school in. I was not always as involved as I would have liked to have been. The absolute focus should be the children and I don't always feel as though it is.

Posted May 17, 2006

Fox hollow is a great school, my daughter loved it the teachers were great and she could not wait to go..She always had fun and had great grades I hated to move away. It was all about what the kids needed and not just status ...

Posted May 7, 2006

Over the past year and a half, this school has gone downhill, I have had so much trouble with the school over this time that I finally decided to pull my kids out for the next school year. I have attempted several times to voice my concerns and every time, im either placated, and then nothing comes of it, or im flat out told 'Thats not my concern', by the staff Im talking to. I once considered this school the best of pasco county, and in just over a year, it has dropped down to being one of the worse. One of the saddest issues is that Most of the staff no longer care what goes on anymore, its as if they are just there to collect a paycheck and thats it. Its just no longer a decent place, and its very upsetting.

Posted April 19, 2006

Expanding greatly, school plays, chorus concerts. Would benefit from more parent involvement.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted January 15, 2006

My son has been going to this school from K-1 and I am so happy with it. The school is very family geared and my son has learned so much from his teacher.

Posted August 19, 2005

This is a truly outstanding school. The gifted program supercedes any academic experience I had ever encountered, very enriching and Mrs. Armstrong is a dynamic teacher. I have been happy with all the staff under the direction of Mrs. Moreno, with her gone it is a new ball game there but I must say, avcademics hav not been compromised for politics. Great job teachers!

Posted June 15, 2005

Lots and lots available at this school but seems so big sometimes. The Pre-K program is awesome. The staff in Pre-K is incredible.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted May 19, 2004

Fox Hallow is an excellant school. My daughter has done excellant work since since switching to FH. She loves her teachers. As a parent Fox Hallow has made it a joy to deal with.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

96 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2013.

96 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 61% in 2013.

86 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2013.

85 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 83% in 2013.

83 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 53% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

89 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

American Indian/Alaska Native N/A 0%

• Ms. Lisa Miller
Fax number
  • (727) 774-7691

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now