Posted September 22, 2014
2014 is my daughter's third year at Imagine Nau. She has had outstanding teachers thought each year, and this year is also very good. The principal is fabulous, as well as the assistant principal. There has been a big improvement with parental involvement this year, but we need more. The PTO is outstanding, which is vital for any school's success! The moral of the entire faculty is very high! Over all, we truly believe that Imagine Nau is one of the best schools in St. Lucie County.

Posted September 21, 2014
My daughter would come home crying because of the drama and bullying at this school. In 7th and 8th grade there is a lot of profanity used against the students and the teachers. I've heard other friends who have put their children in this school, always transfer back to a different school. The middle school assistant principle befriended the students and has no authority over the students and the students don't respect the teachers.

Posted August 11, 2014
I am glad I made the switch to Imagine Nau. For the first time my children love to go to school. There are some challenges but I believe that the new administration are addressing those head on. As a parent I am looking forward to the new year.

Posted August 08, 2014
Imagine Nau is a terrible school! Do not send your child here if you want them to get an education! They don't teach because there is so much disruption in the classrooms. Teachers can't discipline students because parents complain & then the teachers get in trouble. They don't have any accountability for students & parents. Students are allowed to yell at teachers & use profanity without any consequences. Students do not earn their grades. They can turn in assignments & homework late & still get an "A". If they get a failing grade on a test, classwork; then they can retake it until they pass. The Middle School is the worst in the area! The students are rude, disrespectful, and have an I don't care attitude. There is so much drama! They scream and yell at all the teachers and substitutes. The new assistant principal who oversees the Middle School is a joke. He has befriended all the students. They don't respect him and he has no authority over them. The front office staff is unprofessional! They talk about all the terrible parents they have. They bad mouth all the teachers and don't support them. When no one is looking they talk down to the students & are rude to them.

Posted May 29, 2014
This school is getting better. Although, it has a way to go. Most of the staff truly care about the students no matter where the child ranks in academic percentile. However, there are a couple of staff members that still give the school a bad name. In addition, some of the students would benefit from more parent involvement. Sadly, they do not get this and are disruptive in class. What is worse the only time the parent gets involved is when their child is in trouble and they rush in with threats of lawsuit because their child is a little angel. I will say the principal and vice principal are starting to turn things around. So, I remain hopeful.

Posted April 29, 2014
I tried to give this school a chance but after two years am pulling out my two children. Education is not a priority at this school money is. Teachers come and go. My son has had 8 new teachers so far this year. Principals come and go. I really tried but honestly I think a public school is much better in this area

Posted February 24, 2014
I think NAU is very disappointing. The teachers are not trained on how to deal with certain children who may pose to be a little more difficult than others. They have singled out my child since day one and it has been nothing but harassment the entire school year. This one teacher in particular has no patience and consistently contacts us with excuses why she cant teach rather than resolutions on how to address the problem at hand.

Nau Charter School 5

Posted May 16, 2013
The best place in St Lucie. I would not go anywhere else. The principals who left had cancer and other serious health issues and that has hurt the school's reputation. My kids love to go to school and get 4s and 5s on FCATs. They are honor roll and happy all the time. It's a smaller family atmosphere which is what I want for them. I give this school top ratings in every way. Period!

Posted January 24, 2013
Don't come to this school, i'm a student and i'm in seventh grade now and i've been here for four and a half years, many students are leaving and lots of teachers have been fired. There has been so many principal turnovers that the first principal has not even been at the school for more than two months. By the countless principal turnovers, there has been a disorganized calender of events and scheduled tests. This not only confuses students, but teachers also. The teachers work night and day with countless changes in thr schedule. They fire and hired the same music teacher three times. Don't come here.

Nau Charter School 5

Posted December 27, 2012
Nau Charter School is my dream come true! FINALLY, I have found a home where my three children learn well, build character, are safe, and excel academically, including on standardized tests. I have been to five schools and have left, miserable. The secret: THIS school hires great teachers, I have seen them when they didn't know a parent was there and they are ALWAYS firm but kind and caring to all of the children. The turnover referred to in another comment is because so many families sign up to attend Nau, they hire teachers, then the kids move away before school starts! It's a business, not the troubled SLCSD, so they have to cut teachers to make sure they stay in business. They lost two principals due to serious illness, personal and family, and that is not anyone's fault. Principal Mrs. Bailey is awesome! Re: the C grade, the other much larger (less personal, IMHO) charter school, Renaissance also has a C, they just were allowed to advertise a B due to a loophole in the grading system. The office staff is awesome, I have loved every NAU teacher; I am a teacher myself with an Education graduate degree and I choose the NAU SCHOOL HANDS DOWN!

Nau Charter School
4402 Southwest Yamada Drive, Port St. Lucie, FL  34953
Last modified Nau Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nau Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top