Public charter
Students enrolled: 1,278
Before care: Yes

Renaissance Charter School Of St. Lucie 4

Posted November 25, 2014
Things are a little better with new principal. Including the car loop. Everything seems more organized. My kids are happy. Communication is great between teachers and parents in elementary, but not as great with middle school. One thing it needs immediate attention is the before school program. It's painful leaving my kids there so early. The lady who is there is so mean, she never smile! I don't even understand why she is there. Obviously doesn't have love for the kids. I can almost say, she hates them. I'm trying to find other alternative for before school, because seriously I feel terrible leaving the kids there.

Renaissance Charter School Of St. Lucie 4

Posted August 06, 2014
My son started there last year for Kindergarden and his teacher was so amazing! He was not able to read when he started and within a few months he was reading me books. He has grown so much. The staff is great, every time I had a question they always answered with no problems. I was able to email my sons teacher throughout the year and she always responded. My son was so upset at the end of the year b/s he would not have his teacher anymore. I hope 1st grade is just as good. He is returning so lets see how this year goes !!!!! But overall, you will hear mixed reviews. everyone is different. But in my opinion this is a good school.

Posted July 31, 2014
My child spent 1 year at Renaissance in 1st grade 2013. I was hopeful with a new principal the school would have the potential to be great. Reading the recent reviews it makes my heart sad. We should be inspiring our next generation to love learning and succeed in life. Last year was our first year homeschooling and I have to say the best decision we ever made. In Renaissance my child lacked to desire to learn and dropped well below grade level. Last year was a positive experience all around and he is working well above grade level and learning about things that actually interest him. While I understand homeschooling is not a possibility for everyone really research the school you are going to send your children to. Our children are our future and they deserve the best. I have a teaching degree and taught for many years so I understand first hand teaching is a challenging underpaid profession. If you do not have a love of children and a desire to motive them in a positive way, do not consider teaching ! Unfortunately most the teachers at Renaissance just seemed to be going through the motions for a pay check ! Hope this is helpful for others.

Renaissance Charter School Of St. Lucie 2

Posted July 01, 2014
I've been a student at this school for two years, going on my third, and I've got to say that I don't really have the most pleasant things to say about it. The first year I started at this school was in 6th grade. The first year was acceptable and the teachers were nice. They taught you, you could go to them if you had issues, they actually cared. Now in 7th grade, things went downhill. We got a new principal and assistant principal. Only 2 of my 7 teachers actually cared and taught us. The rest were laughable. Teachers that were good got fired or quit. I lost 4 teachers this year, and if I wasn't in Cambridge, I would've lost five. They take months to get a new teacher, or they don't at all, and the subs can't teach. The Cambridge program is a complete joke and they pretty much let anyone in who applies and don't go by the standards. The assistant principal got fired for cursing at children, and other one left. They got a new one on the last day of school. The only reason I'm coming back is because this is only school that teaches geometry in middle school around me, and my math teacher is the only good teacher I have. The elementary part is good, but I say you leave before middle

Posted June 06, 2014
Everything looks shiny and perfect on the surface, but it's a hot mess underneath. Two out of three administrators left since the new principal took over. There has always been high turnover but this year took the cake. While most of the teachers at the school are wonderful, dedicated professionals, they are not valued by the company, or the current principal. Teachers are given a ridiculous amount of non-instructional work to do that detracts from the time they have to plan and prepare for lessons. The company is more concerned with what's posted on the walls in the classroom than they are with the quality of lessons taking place. They do not provide sufficient instructional resources (textbooks, etc). I had 12 science textbooks for a class of 25 students. Their Cambridge program is a total joke. They don't provide any of the student materials recommended for use by Cambridge, leaving teachers to beg, borrow, and steal to get a hold of materials referenced in the official syllabi. Bottom line is this is a FOR PROFIT company that is more concerned with having every seat filled than they are with the quality of education provided to the students they service.

Posted June 04, 2014
The behind the scenes workings of this school is ridiculous. They can't keep teachers because the good teachers refuse to do what they tell us because it doesn't help anyone: "red carpet service to keep enrollment up. Every child should get a B and if they fail a test, just give them the same test over and over till they get at least a B. We need to keep parents and students happy so do what it takes." These poor kids are just being pushed through because there is no real oversight. The teachers are bogged down with so much extra work that there is no time for any real teaching. This is the issue with a for-profit school: they are great salesmen and will tell you whatever you need to hear. We were constantly being told that if we don't get and keep enrollment up, our salaries would be effected. I wouldn't let my daughter go to this school!

Renaissance Charter School Of St. Lucie 2

Posted April 02, 2014
Communication with teachers and admin is non-existent without constantly leaving somewhat threatening messages to pull my son from the school. Security is ridiculous. I have taught my son everything he needs to know. The school is a babysitting service. I wish there were better options open to my family but zoning and wait lists leave my son stuck here. I was under the misguided impression that this charter school would teach beyond the bounds of the district. Well, they teach far less than I know other kids are learning in county schools . We are stuck for now. If you have other options, exercise them. I used to stat involved with the school but realized that after 5 consecutive years , they just don't care. There is definitely a clique mentality and I'm not about to kiss butt to feel welcomed. In the mean time, still supplying the classroom with everything from pencils and paper to snacks . Laughable.

Posted March 31, 2014
Great School. Amazing staff and the tools they offer the children are amazing. A plus all around in my opinion

Posted February 07, 2014
New administration !!!!!!!! They treat the parents and students like family. They have a O tolerance rule. Kids are taught to be respectful . Parents who care about their child will read with them and assure homework is done. However, parents who are lazy complain allot. This is a great school. Parents just need to learn to be parents and want their kids to be successful.

Posted February 07, 2014
The best Charter school in Port Saint Lucie. Great professional environment. I am a happy parent.

Renaissance Charter School Of St. Lucie
300 Northwest Cashmere Boulevard, Port St. Lucie, FL  34986
Last modified Renaissance Charter School Of St. Lucie is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Renaissance Charter School Of St. Lucie Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top