Port St. Lucie, FL

Floresta Elementary School 2

Posted October 15, 2014
I know most parents come to these reviews hoping to find out everything they can in order to make an informed decision about the "right" school for their child. I did the same, and was desperately hoping my son would get Floresta. He did. I'm honestly on the fence about this school. While he's learning A LOT, his behavior has become odd. He is angry all the time at home, hitting, and seriously acting out. I have heard this same thing from a number of parents. And, what I have witnessed is starting to make me question this school's fit for us. There is no time at all to allow these kids to be kids. My son is in kindergarten, and there is limited recess????? Clothes that practically constitute a uniform, stripping these kids of their individuality. I think that is really sad. I've emailed his teacher a bunch of times since school started, even requested a conference in his planner and via email, and haven't heard back once. I have had to chase her down every time I need to speak with her. I've requested information and never gotten it. I'm in total shock over the lack of communication. This bothers me most of all. Is this s good school? I'm honestly not sure.

Posted September 30, 2014
This is an awesome school that excells not only in teaching , but also providing a positive learning environment. My son has been going there since Kindergarten, and now in the Fourth grade, he still loves going to school everyday. It is challenging for him and he has homework everyday, however, he does excel in his studies. The staff has always been both efficient and attentive to issues that I have brought forth over the years. I could not ask for a better school.

Posted July 14, 2014
This school is wonderful. My daughter entered kindergarten without being able to read. She graduated kindergarten at a second grade reading level. They have a lot of parent involvement opportunities. This school is a winner!

Posted April 17, 2014
Floresta Elementry School, Great school, excellent teachers and staff. My son is in 1st grade and loves school.

Posted May 25, 2012
AWESOME school... I was new to the area and heard great things about Floresta. I had a neighbor who had her kids in Mariposa and visited there one day during lunch. It was total chaos and the kids were all screaming and running around. No control! Floresta is strict with their kids but my twins absolutely LOVE it here! I highly recommend this school and the teachers! They truly care and are very involved with each individual child. What progress my kids made this year, we are amazed and tell everyone that has the choice to send your kids here!

Posted October 11, 2011
GREAT SCHOOL, I love my child's teacher and the staff, they really do a great job! However I feel that as a Dad I'm not treated as nicely as the Mothers are, I've seen Mothers do the exact same thing as me and no questions were asked of them, but if I do it, I get the third degree. There are few men on staff and few men picking up there children, so when I go to pick him up I'm treated like I'm out of place and it is not appreciated. The new principle (which served there before almost 14 years) seems to be doing a great job! Again, I REALLY like the school and it is the only public school in this district that I would allow my child to go to. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Floresta Elementary School 4

Posted August 09, 2011
My kid been there for almost 6 years its a average school to me,to my kid its a good school.

Posted August 02, 2009
My Children attended Floresta for 3 years. I wish that they had been at Floresta from K-5th. Great teachers, and staff. They really want to see your children's success.

Floresta Elementary School 0

Posted May 30, 2009
The administration and teachers are very involved in all aspects of learning and developmental growth. I was considering private school for my son and I have now decided to wait until middle school to start private school. I am very happy with the quality of education at Floresta.

Floresta Elementary School 3

Posted May 12, 2009

Floresta Elementary School
1501 Southeast Floresta Drive, Port St. Lucie, FL  34983
Last modified Floresta Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Floresta Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top