Port St. Lucie, FL

Posted July 23, 2014
This is a wonderful school. The adults here went out of their way to build relationships and make my children feel welcome. There is truly a culture of caring and high-expectations at Morningside. I wish I could list out all of the staff and admin who make this such a great school. They helped my daughter, who has a previously undocumented learning disability, grow by LEAPS and BOUNDS. She got her self-confidence back and now not only enjoys reading, but also has a positive view of herself as a learner. We had to move from the area, otherwise my kids would still be going here. I highly recommend this school to anyone in its zone.

Posted January 30, 2013
This could be a good school if they got rid of the administration , who is more concerned with political brown nosing than the children's education. The principal here acts like the parents aren't worth talking to which makes for tension and poor over all morale . Too bad in St Lucie county politics takes precedence over our children.

Posted October 11, 2012
we are so happy with the school teaching system. my son started in 3rd grade and so far is been much better than the one he was before back in palm beach. we are really satisficed with the teachers.

Posted June 06, 2012
My daughter is a kindergarden student, I was looking forward to get her in this school since I moved to PSL, I did all what I could to get her in there but words are not enought to say how dissapointed and frustated I am, this is one of the most HORRIBLES school experiences I had in my life. My daughter was getting bullied by another classmate I would say for 5 or 6 months by now, at first I talked 2 or 3 times to her teacher but sadly this bullying thing went over the top when this girl touched improperly my daughter!! As parents wanted to talk to the principal but we couldnt I dont know why. We talked to the P. Assistant and they said they were going to take care of that issue but this girl keeps picking on my kid I feel they just dont care at all I went this past friday to fill out a bullying form and this lady said that there's just 5 days of school left so there's no time for investigations, I just feel horrible my daughter is the most sweet and well behave girl ever she is very respectful and it just brakes my heart to see how much hate from some students and lack of interest for my kid from the staff in this school. AND THIS IS JUST KINDERGARDEN!

Morningside Elementary School 3

Posted May 27, 2012
Initially, I was please with this school. I actually transferred my child to this school from Mariposa because of the gifted program, which I heard was excellent. Everything was going well until the 5th grade teachers had a disagreement with the school board (toward the end of the year) about working extra hours for things like class trips, dances, etc. and point blank refused to participate in any activities that were after their normal working hours. While I understand the teachers positions on this issue, many of the other schools facility were able to come to amicable terms with the school board and the children at the other schools were not penalized, as the students were here at Morningside. In addition, shortly after this issue came to the surface, my daughter's 5th grade homeroom teacher was removed from the classroom (for unknown reasons) and the parents were never directly informed by the facilty at the school. We learned about this several weeks after the fact.... from our children. The lack of communication from the staff toward the parents is unconscionable. I have a future Kindergartener at home that I will be insuring does NOT attend this school next school year.

Posted May 08, 2012
I am the grandmother of one of the children in the 5th grade graduating class 2012. He is preceded at Morningside by his older brother and sister. All of my grandchildren are fine students and good people. I have been a strong supporter of Morningside Elementary and the children for 12 years now. This is my grandson's last year at Morningside. He has worked so hard and has accomplished so much, and now when it is his time to shine, and recall the many good years in this school, he has been disappointed by the people he has been taught to trust and respect...his teachers and administration. It seems the teacher's contract is up for negotiation this year, and they have chosen to use our children as PAWNS in their attempt to secure a better package. They have decided NOT to be available for extra programs and the administration has cancelled the 5th grade trip to Epcot, the 5th grade play, and their graduation. What message does this send to the children? These PEOPLE are HEARTLESS and I will lead the fight to repeal tenure, and to voice my dismay at the disappointment our children have been faced with. NO more $ for heartless educators.

Posted August 04, 2011
I am not sure what it is that makes this school a #9 in our county...but I was not nearly as impressed as what I would have liked to have been. I was specifically least unhappy with the principal, Mrs. Belle-Grade who was by far the least friendly principal I have ever seen in any school...or maybe was it only her favorite parents that she spoke to? Regardless the woman has an attitude and looks down her nose at you. I had a problem regarding my daughter one time and she REFUSED to speak to me until SHE was ready to doso. She acts more like the prez of the country vs pincipal of an elementary school. In class the children were literally "CANDIED UP" in attempts to get them to work, as my daughter would come home daily with WAY too much candy given to her by teachers...which frankly in my opinion reveals a bunch of peeps actually shortcutting doing their jobs by saying "hey lets just rot these kids teeth instead of actually putting effort into stimulating their minds". This school by far has room for improvement in my opinion. There are no art classes for the kids until they get in 3rd grade & even then kids have to stay after school to take that art, again, RIDICULOUS!

Posted June 13, 2009

Posted June 10, 2009

Posted May 28, 2009
Great school, with good structure..

Morningside Elementary School
2300 Southeast Gowin Drive, Port St. Lucie, FL  34952
Last modified Morningside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Morningside Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top