Port St. Lucie, FL
Students enrolled: 1,196

Posted November 24, 2014
When my kids first started at this school I thought OMG. The school is dated and can do with some refurbishment but St. Lucie County schoolboard is cheap and unless your kids go to Central do not expect too many frills. After a few months at the school my child who had an IEP began to finally learn. None of the schools has he ever been in has he ever gained so much ground academically. He not only grew educationally but his self confidence bloomed. AS the student before said all you have to do is your homework and pay attention that is true, but I can honestly say that there are more teachers in their ESE program who go above and beyond to help their students. Yes you have to work and yes you have to pay attention but isn't that what you are there for anyway? Parents obviously you have to stay involved with your childs progress and be an advocate for them, but if you stay in touch and involved, success can be achieved. Yes the school is a little rough but it is a public school. The principal and office staff are very attentive and available to assist and help in anyway, you just have to ask. It is all about communication and involvement.

Northport K-8 School 4

Posted October 24, 2013
I have been a volunteer at Northport K-8 for almost 5 years now. I can think of a better school to spend my free time at, when it comes to assisting the students and staff in their busy day. You are made to feel wanted and needed.

Northport K-8 School 2

Posted August 03, 2013
So I go to this school currently and all you have to do to be successful in this school is to do your work and pay attention. Teachers are not the best, but that really depends on the team you're on. (Starfish team is the best in my opinion.) If you haven't heard of the situation of an accused teacher sending several 8th graders to beat up a 7th grader, I highly suggest searching it before you enroll your own child. Just be a good kid that listens and try's their best and you'll be fine. You have to also be a little tough because the students are much worse than the teachers. I would not personally enroll my future children in this school.

Northport K-8 School 2

Posted April 13, 2013
I had read the bad reviews of this school but I figured it was just a bunch of angry people so I took a chance on the low rent in PSL and enrolled my kids here. We could not get out fast enough. While my 6th grader got along fine I had a special needs 8th grader and he was tormented at this school! Thug kids would bully him until the point he would act out and then he would be the one in trouble. The staff would never take into account his disability. Luckily I was able to move south to a 9 rated High School south of PSL and everything has been fine for 2 years now. These ratings this sight puts out will make all the difference for your kids.

Posted February 19, 2013
My daughter has attended this school for 2 years now. She has done awesome at this school. She has gotten the best grades that she has ever gotten. The teachers help her anytime she needs help. She has been on the honor roll every nine weeks. The principal is so very helpful and nice. I give this school a 10. I really think that the strict dress code is great.

Posted October 29, 2012
I MYSELF ATTENDED THIS SCHOOL AND I HAD THE WORST EXPERIENCE AT THIS SCHOOL. I USED TO DO THE READING PROGRAM (READ180) WITH DR.STEIN. THAT PROGRAM MADE ME FEEL AS THOUGH IM NOT CAPABLE OF DOING WORK AT MY AGE LEVEL! COMPLETELY INSULTING! IM GLAD I DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL ANYMORE! BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNN! :D

Posted October 03, 2012
I have had only good experiences with this school and reccomend it! My son transfered from private to public in fouth grade and has not only been challenged academically but has done well in the process. The teachers and principal do care and know him by name. Our family have enjoyed the activities and programs put on by the teachers and school.

Posted July 11, 2011
This school is aweful. My son attended for 7th grade. He was put on the Northstars so called college prep team. He has been a straight a student til this school. Some of the teachers seemed like they were not on this planet. He didnt learn much at all. papers weren't graded. The principal was almost impossible to get ahold of. We moved for this year to start a new school and I can't even get his records. I am told they do not have access to them. This school was the worst school I have ever seen and I am glad he will not be attending this place ever again and that my daughter will not be going there either.

Northport K-8 School 4

Posted June 19, 2011
Like any school there are great teachers and then those who show up. My child was on the Clownfish team for two years and these teachers helped and educated my child. The Clownfish teacher showed a genuine interest and want all the childern to be successful. Thank you Ms. Dehart, Mrs. Mann, Mrs. Smith and Mr. Burdge.

Posted June 01, 2011
The Special Education Department in this school lacks knowledge in every aspect that its insulting. They do not know how to do evaluations on time and I will say they do not have any empathy for any of the special needs students. Those parents who have children with special needs please beware and RUN RUN RUN AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE! <--- Can not emphasize that enough.

Northport K-8 School
250 Northwest Floresta Drive, Port St. Lucie, FL  34983
Last modified Northport K-8 School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northport K-8 School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top