Port St. Lucie, FL

Posted September 12, 2014
What happened? My child hates going to this school. She used to love Rivers Edge. She complains that people just yell all day. Searching for a better option. So sad.

Posted August 21, 2014
Good School, just needs to get their act together before they lose kids, and not due to teachers. Always a great school, new principal rules for pickup, understood parent safety and kids walking through a parking lot, however if change was needed it could have been acknowledge in a better way. No advance notice, no warning. First day of school nobody knew, second day of school everyone told by a phone call sent out by the system, a few hours before student release and that day finally a note sent home from school about the changes. Third day even more chaos, have to get to the school an hour early and that's to be 20 minutes away from the pickup line, with a two lane pick up that is chaotic in and of itself. Teachers and kids running in and out of cars. The teachers are stressed as I've seen kids being yelled out, teachers just plain yelling and kids crying. So if they were going for safety of parents and kids. They got the parent safety down, now just the kids are in danger in a two lane pick up area, I'm terrified for my kid at pick up heaven forbid someone misplaces their foot on the gas instead of the brake.

Posted August 20, 2014
Last year, this school was wonderful for my child. I had no idea how things could so quickly degenerate upon the arrival of the new principal, who appears to completely callous toward the parents and students needs. Everything about the child-pick-up process yesterday was appalling! Nobody knew what was going on, or would take responsibility. Parents were patronized by the staff and leadership. Many parents were required to wait in their cars for more than an hour to pick up their own children. Others who were trying to get to their children out of their vehicles were told to go back to their cars and wait for their turn. Due to this traffic, 7-8 buses were unable to get to their respective bus waiting area. In my whole life, I've never seen such incompetence and callousness from school officials. Perhaps somebody should contact news agencies to come and investigate this travesty. Seriously thinking of pulling out my child to put him in a different school!

Posted April 02, 2014
The name of my son s school is Rivers Edge Elementary. My son is now in the first grade. I have had the most wonderful experience. Between the amazing teachers who work with my son s needs and push him in a positive manor to give him the best education possible, to the entire staffs who participate in the activities the school conducts. At rivers Edge the teachers, parents and staff are all hands on and work together is such a positive and outgoing manor. I m truly thankful that I have the opportunity to have my son at this school!

Posted January 06, 2014
I went to this school and I must say I absolutely loved it! I have a daughter now and I intend on sending her there as well. Very good school whos focus is on academics. I still remember the school song we sang. We're the school down by the river none others can compare...

Rivers Edge Elementary School 4

Posted August 25, 2013
My child started kindergarten this year. The first week went pretty much possitive so far except couple of things. First and big problem is getting kids to school. Parking is completely disorganized. I have never seen a school that cant manage couple of hundred parents cars every morning and afternoon. We need to sit for 15-20 min in the line that starts back on highway. The second problem I have with their "hands behind your back" and "bubble" (no talking) policy while in hallway. Is this a prison or a school? Are they training them to be a perfect prisoner? Seriously! I understand the discipline but why not allow the to put hand along their sides? I know some kids have problems with coordination and are clumsy... like mine)) I think this is disrespectful, making kids passive and kill any self respect from the beginning.

Posted July 19, 2012
In the 3 yrs we have been back in FL Rivers Edge is our 4th and best school that we have attended. I honestly cannot say enough positive about how the teachers go above and beyond, the overall family feel/school's efforts to bring us all together in numberous family events and last but not least the quarterly awards assemblies, that for a CHANGE, even the NON-straight A students are given oppty to walk on that stage and get on an award-which has made a HUGE impact on the self confidence of my kid! My daughter had a WONDERFUL 3rd grade year and we look forward to an even greater 4th!

Rivers Edge Elementary School 4

Posted May 12, 2011
I have a child in the kindergarten here and he is doing very well and is happy with it. My only concern is the school is limited with advanced programs. He is very advanced with reading and math. Towards the middle of the school year they placed him in the first grade reading class and it is still too easy for him....They do not have any advanced math for kindergarten so if your child already starts school advanced he/she will be bored. Child pick up is also difficult, not enough parking etc.

Posted September 23, 2010
My daughter just started Kindergarten this year at River's Edge. We are thrilled with the care and concern of the staff there. They are welcoming and accommodating to the children. My daughter is a very strong willed child who does not respond well to many environments. Her teacher has really worked with her to make this a smooth transition for our whole family. I had been considering private school prior to this, but not anymore, my child is already reading after less than 2 months of school! Thank you River's Edge!!!

Rivers Edge Elementary School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
Rivers Edge is a great school. The faculty and staff are very caring, and they provide the children an excellent education.

Rivers Edge Elementary School
5600 Northeast Saint James Drive, Port St. Lucie, FL  34983
Last modified Rivers Edge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rivers Edge Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top