Savanna Ridge Elementary School 5

Posted October 28, 2014
We just moved in Septemeber from PBC, I was worried because my son has Autism and the school he went to loved him and he loved them too. Well Savanna Ridge welcomed my son and helped out so much with the change of new city and new school. The principal and assistant principal and the ESE are awesome. My son is so happy and I'm relieved. I don't know why people have negative remarks about the school but for the first 2 weeks I walked my son in the school. The staff is warm and welcoming, the principal interacts with the kids and you can see she cares and the kids at the school are happy. I'm glad my son is happy and that makes me happy.

Savanna Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted August 02, 2014
The principle of Savannah Ridge Elementary is a joke who changes the dress code 19 days before school starts for the 2014-2015 school year.

Savanna Ridge Elementary School 2

Posted April 19, 2014
I feel my child doesn't get half the education she deserves, not to mention any extra activities or music art sports programs, they don't even supply pencils! Not very impressed!!

Posted March 12, 2014
I am the parent that wrote the review below and would like to say I was mistaken i found out today the women I wrote about is in fact not the principal of sre im still not entirely sure what her job description is tho all I can tell you is she is a staff member and I still stand by what I said about her and the school. My apologies.

Posted March 07, 2014
Savannah ridge is terrible parents do not send your children here! The principal is by far one of the most uncaring people I have ever seen working in a school! Every morning during drop off she is in the parent drop off zone eating, texting on her phone or talking to other staff members she doesn't smile at the children welcome them help open doors for the little ones who are struggling to get out of the car with a book bag and lunch box I've seen her even ignore parents as they walk by her no smile head nod nothing its like she can't be botherd by anyone. I went to have lunch with my child once and heard her say to a child and I quote " you hard headded you know that you is hard headded" and no it was not even spoken in propper english and id like to add spoken to someones 5 year old little girl. Most of the time when you go into the office its either empty or the staff will flat out ignore you. Music class so far according to my child consists of watching disney movies I kid you not Cinderella and oliver to name a few my child hasn't see either movie at home but discribed both to me from star to finish. I will make sure my child doesn't spend the 2014-15 school year at SRE

Posted October 02, 2013
This school doesn't help kids with ASD. Pushed my son through. This year, went to get my daughter,they wouldn't let me check her out because it was 245,even though we had an appointment. I don't see where she is being thought much,but is making all As. I noticed that spelling words incorrectly is overlooked. I never see much homework. Wouldn't recommend this school. Also, my daughter was choked by another child on the bus and nothing was done about it. They wouldn't let me see the video from the bus.

Posted June 09, 2013
The administration at Savanna Ridge Elementary does not communicate with staff or parents. I am not even sure the principal and assistant principal talk to each other. The is the first school our new superintendent needs to check out asap. The principal has just spent the last two day s of school playing musical teachers. Her test scores were so bad this is how she thinks she is going to fix her problems! She should probably look into fixing the moral and communication problems that she has caused in her one year at the school.

Savanna Ridge Elementary School 2

Posted June 07, 2013
My older daughter will be going into 4th grade and my younger daughter will be going into 2nd grade in the upcoming 2013-2014 school year. I am very actively trying to get them transferred to another school due to the severe decline in just about every aspect of this school. We have been very blessed to have had amazing teachers throughout the years here at Savanna Ridge, however the rest of the staff is horribly rude (with the exception of the vice principal who is overworked). The children are treated as little prisoners in the school and I have witnessed it first hand. I have spent every Tuesday and almost every Thursday of the entire school year volunteering at the school in my daughters' classes. The front office staff barely acknowledges you when you come to visit, has refused to help out my youngest daughter's teacher when she had unruly students and let the teacher fend for herself and the students (I am talking about a student who ran out of the classroom, a student who threw a fit in class, a student who was throwing objects in class), the lights are turned out in the lunch room if a few students are loud, and my oldest daughter spent the whole year studying for FCAT.

Posted September 20, 2012
My son's second year at this school. This school is horrible. The staff and teachers are very rude. I am very disappointed with the school system. Parents go during lunch break you will see your kids eating lunch in the dark so that way they are quiet or maybe just scare of the dark. Second year different principal but same actitud as the previous one.

Savanna Ridge Elementary School 5

Posted May 23, 2011
I could not disagree more with the comment about the ESE department, my daughter has been going to this school for 3 years, she is also a ESE student, and the ESE department goes above and beyond to help her excel. She will be graduating this year and going on to Middle school. Her 5th grade teacher truly cares about her and works with her to help overcome her learning disabilities. I have been so inspired by my daughter and her school, that I am now going back to college to become a special education teacher. Thank you Savanna Ridge for helping my daughter and giving her the skills and knowledge to move on to middle school.

Savanna Ridge Elementary School
6801 Southeast Lennard Road, Port St. Lucie, FL  34952
Last modified Savanna Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Savanna Ridge Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top