Posted September 03, 2014
RE: Pre-school Little Friends. Horrible communication between staff and parents. One teacher telling you one thing and the other different thing. It is chaos from the moment you walk in, the front desk rep is too busy messing with her phone to notice anyone coming in. No type of security, my kid just walked out while "teachers" were talking to each other, he was 2. The front desk is too tall to see a child pass them, so what's the point. Their day includes 2 teachers, not usually together but one in the morning and one in the afternoon, so forget consistency or continuity of care.

Posted August 24, 2014
My child has been going to this school for 8 years and we are so thankful for the wonderful staff and teachers. I've never seen a perfect school and I'm sure there are those out there that are better at finding negatives instead of positives. I'm happy to report that the teachers truly care for the well being of the students. The music department is second to none!!! The Orchestras and choirs from both lower & upper schools have consistently brought home trophies from district, state and Music Festival USA (Universal Studios). The new gym that was built was built debt-free and is a blessing to all of the students. Hoping that a fine arts building and classrooms are in the works?? I'm planning for my child to continue going through high school.

Posted May 29, 2014
you cannot please everyone's needs and wants . we have a child in MA going on the 3rd year we are so happy with the teachers the principal , she is a wonderful person she shows so much love for the students my child is growing and learning so much she always seems so excited to attend school, I think we all just have to pray to god and ask him to make each year better than before and also pray for the teachers and staff members. and we as parents have to work with our kids and the teachers to make sure their get the full heart filled enjoyment of the school, my daughter will be on her way to the 2nd grade and we are so sad to leave the 1st grade like we were leaving the kindergarten. wonderful teachers I cant express enough. but we are praying that god will continue to bless us so we can keep on giving our child the great MORNINGSIDE ACADEMY EDUCATION.

Posted May 24, 2014
Morningside Academy is not the place to send any child, whether you are religious or not. I went to this school from preschool until seventh grade. They fail to teach history, science and english classes in a way that encouraged critical thinking. If you child decides to question their faith, as I did when I became an atheist, the teachers will take your child out of their scheduled classes to tell them how they will burn in hell for eternity.

Morningside Academy 3

Posted April 02, 2014
We were very happy for 5 years at Morningside but after this current year have decided to move on. One of the 3rd grade teachers is terrible at utilizing classroom time efficiently. My child comes home daily with classwork that there "wasn't time" to complete. Meanwhile the class spent at least 1 hour a day for 3 weeks practicing for a play & "extra" recess. She shows favoritism for students that are either children of school employees, she is friends with, or have parents that spend a lot of time helping her every day. 5th grade class has 30 students because they did not want to hire a 2nd teacher. They claimed at least 17 students per class were needed to do so, then we discovered they turned away 3 students that wanted to return from last year. A 2nd teacher could have been hired. Luckily the teacher is amazing & can effectively teach a large class. We had a great experience for 5 years but with the recent issues and raising tuition after building a multi million $ gym instead of classrooms for the upper school we feel the pastor does not have the students best interest at heart but how much $ he can make. There are less expensive options with the same advantages in the county.

Posted March 20, 2014
Wow! I will talk about elementary and high school. I am reading the last few post and there are many stange things in there. My 3 kids graduated from Morningside Academy and I am very proud of it (and no my kids are not afraid of the world). My wife is a teacher at Morningside for the past 7 years and she is the one selecting the awards from her class and never the people in charge of the school asked her to select or not a student. Never heard about the perfect parents, what is that. Sadly with internet you can say whatever you want without consequences. Put your name in your post if you want people to verify what you say. I am sure it is not a perfect school but show me the one that is perfect. Also for the person that talked about the money, each kids in the public schools cost around $17,000 a year for a failed system( are you calling, writing to you government for that failure) and MA charges you all together maybe $7,000 a year for a great education, with certified teachers (Bacc. min). MB

Posted January 12, 2014
We enrolled our child in the preschool program and were very surprised and dissatisfied with the teacher and the program manager. We had recommendations from several people on this preschool. Their children attended several years before and after discussions with other parents I believe it has gone down hill. Our experience was inexperienced teachers who didn't have any classroom management or teaching skills. They had been hired because they knew someone. The lack of organization was also scary. Their snacks were full of processed ingredients like corn syrup. I pulled my child out after a month and we had excellent results with the next preschool we tried.

Morningside Academy 2

Posted May 23, 2013
I could not agree more with the previous comments. While I do think the education itself is great. This school definitely has favoritism issues. I wouldn't say it is a "true" Christian school in spirit, even though the bible teaching is very good, it's more like a prep school, which is fine if that is what you want. The church it self fails it's people time and time again. Aside from the politics, the so called "perfect parents" and favortism, they do have a great curriculum and orchestra teacher!

Posted May 22, 2012
This school is all about politics, and weather or not you work for the school, those are the kids that get the attention, the awards, and the "extras". Don't get me wrong there are a few great new teachers and staff who are oblibious to this but they will soon find out as there are so many kids that are left out of the special attention they deserve or awards they should have recieved had ther parents work for the school. I was witness tonight to awards that kids did not get tonight only because their child was not returning for the next school year because of financial burden or because they chose a better school for there child. I now see why they have had a declining enrollement for the past 4 years. How do you tell a child that yes you were better at that or you should have got this when all they see in their eyes is $$$. To start you child out in a private school, this one is good, but when they grow up and need middle school setting, this is not for you. You are better off moving to Martin County.

Posted July 30, 2010
Morningside Academy is a terrific school. They have dedicated teachers, administrators and staff who truly care about the success and well-being of their students. I am confident that my own children have been thoroughly prepared to excell in college and deal with the demands that life brings. I have been very happy with the instruction my children have received and with the school at all levels.

Morningside Academy