Port St. Lucie, FL
Students enrolled: 1,483

Oak Hammock K-8 School 5

Posted November 18, 2014
I am a former student of this school, & I think it was amazing! I may have been bullied, but that's gonna happen with any school and it seemed like the administration did what they were supposed to do to correct the situation. My favorite teacher was my 7th grade reading and she's now the librarian and current Teacher Of The Year for St. Lucie County. I've graduated HS now but I still go back & volunteer. This is an amazing school.

Posted June 12, 2014
I am a student, going into 7th grade that has attended Oak Hammock since kindergarten. I honestly hate this school and I can't wait until I get to high school. The teachers are very mean and unreasonable. We have the lowest FCAT scores in the county, can you believe that? Don't get me started on the dress code, jeans are not allowed at all. They won't even let us wear sweaters or outerwear without zippers/buttons. One time I almost got a referral for wearing a SWEATER. It was a cold day and I didn't have anything else available at the time. Then, they expect us to get A's on quizzes and tests when we hardly get taught anything! Also, the electives are so limited! Last year, before I started middle school, we could pick from band, art, tech, or gym. I picked art & tech for one semester each. The art elective was dropped before school started up again. Seriously, we only had a couple electives to choose from at first and now you want to have even fewer? Basically, Oak Hammock focuses more on what we're wearing more than our education and success. Do yourself a favor and send your kid to anywhere but Oak Hammock.

Posted June 25, 2013
they threaten kids. the attendance person thinks that if you're late to school for one day you will never succeed in life, when yet she is the one who is working at a school (no offence, some, i repeat some, teachers there are awesome.) as an attendance person and works a second job at dilards. who isn't very sucsessful in their life now? so, if you do make the horrid decision to send your child here, try never to be late or you will be bullied and targeted by the attendance lady.

Posted May 11, 2013
This school is not a good place to put your child it is also not a fun place to be and if your child go's there make sure they pack a lunch.they don't care about the children . IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THIS SCHOOL DO THE RONG THING TO THE TEACHERS AND IF THEY SAY YOU GET A REFFERRAL SAY (ok you don't tell me what to do).and they will have nothing to say.GOOD LUCK.and If you care and love child please do not send them to this school. PLEASE I BEG YOU!

Oak Hammock K-8 School 2

Posted November 12, 2012
Oak Hammock K-8 is not a good school. Your kids will hate it here. I have been going here since the 3rd grade; I am now in 7th grade. Our dress code is the worst. Up until this year we were able to wear jeans. Now we must wear khaki, navy, black, and or grey pants, and they must not be denim. Our lunch is gross and drenched in oil. The only good thing about our school is the Special needs teachers and the support and understanding the middle school teachers give us.

Oak Hammock K-8 School 2

Posted April 22, 2012
I've been at this school since first grade (since it first opened), and I am currently a seventh grader there. This school is pretty horrible. Most of the teachers, or at least the ones I've had, are pretty mean. It seems as if they care only about the money they're getting from being there, and not about the students. I suppose the staff (such as the dean, attendance person, etc) are alright. The language arts teachers are horrible.. All of the grammar, spelling (etc) skills that I have, I managed to just kinda pick up on it by reading and what not. Point is, the teachers are horrible. Do not go to this school. PLEASE.

Oak Hammock K-8 School 3

Posted February 29, 2012
Wow. I am so shocked to hear the review regarding the different ethnic groups. The State of Florida provides standards by which students are taught, called the Sunshine State Standards. These standards mandate the content of what students in Florida public schools learn. The standards include learning about different cultures and countries, from Kindergarten through 12th grade. It is very concerning to me that someone would try to deter anyone from learning about these Social Studies topics. I am so happy that the teachers made it clear that it was not optional.

Oak Hammock K-8 School 5

Posted February 29, 2012
My daughter is in the special education class and I must say the teachers are excellent and nurturing. I have been very happy with the school since we first moved to Florida almost 2 years ago. My daughter can now read, write and no longer needs speech classes. Keep up the excellent job!!

Posted August 31, 2011
I can't understand why more is not done to protect our children at this school. Anyone can come up and pick a child afterschool, most of the time the staff out there isn't even paying attention. I've personally walked up and grabbed my daughter and no one noticed!!!! Some one should be checking to make sure these kids are going home with the right person. Why even bother sending home consent forms for pick up?? If anyone can come pick up a child!! When I addressed my concerns, I was basically told they do not have enough time for that because they would be there all day! This school is just a hooot mess that is unorganized! Pick up go alot better with proper planning and time scheduling!!

Posted May 16, 2011
This school is a ghetto dump. When I was in this school for 7th grade, I was bullied, punched, socially left out and other tragadies. I am far past it now, and I am in advanced classes. Please listen. Do not make the same mistake my parents made. DONT SEND YOUR CHILD TO THIS SCHOOL!!! YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!!

Oak Hammock K-8 School
1251 Southwest California Boulevard, Port St. Lucie, FL  34953
Last modified Oak Hammock K-8 School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak Hammock K-8 School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 69 reviews. Top