Port St. Lucie, FL
Students enrolled: 2,517

Posted October 09, 2014
Treasure Coast High School is a 5 out of 5 in disorganization, lack of respect and accountability, and lack of leadership. It is a failure to the school district. Two of my daughters recently joined Treasure Coast High School, and their experience has been problematic, or in better words, traumatic. Both of them are Honors students. The administration in the office defends their lack of responsibility by using excuses and blaming others. They are not respectful towards parents OR students, and have lack communication. They do not welcome parents whatsoever, and the counselors are difficult to get in contact with. While the teachers are great, the students are disrespectful, loud, obnoxious, and out of control. There have been numerous fights this year, and it is only October. The ones who are in charge of keeping the students in line only drive around in a golf cart, blowing their whistles at the kids like they are dogs, and intimidating them. And to add on to this joke, the sports facilities are unavailable (there is no football field for games), and the administration does not support extracurricular activities. This is not a school that I would recommend to any parent.

Posted June 09, 2014
My son just graduated from TCHS and his entire academic team was awesome. The IEP worked very hard with him and we are very appreciative.

Posted June 08, 2014
Treasure Coast High School offers great programs for students. Our son attends this school and has had mostly positive experiences. His teachers are wonderful and his guidance counselor is very attentive when needed.

Posted April 06, 2014
This school is great, loved it here. The teachers are great, and so is the atmosphere.

Posted November 19, 2013
I recently graduated from Treasure Coast High School as part of the class of 2013. Let us begin with the very lack of professionalism coming from the staff, they show little respect to students or parents alike, claim credit for others (teachers/students) work, and whenever a problem arises blame it on a teacher or student. Guidance Counselors are never reachable and dont do their job. During my senior year they notified roughly 60 students they did not have a specfic credit they needed to graduate 3 weeks before graduation. Mind you this being after they supposedly did credit checks at the first week of senior year. Finding a good teacher is a rarity in this school, In total i believe i had five my whole way through highschool. They fail to use the skyward system to keep up with students grades, and generally just have a lack of care for their job. This school simply represents the laziness in our education system nowadays. How can we expect students to care when the majority of staff and teachers do not. To anyone reading this review, I strongly recommend you send your child else where. This is coming from a student who played sports, was in all honor classes, and has their AA.

Treasure Coast High School 2

Posted July 09, 2013
I have two children attending this school and this past school year was the worst ever! In both of my kids classes there were teachers who were absent for most of the year due to their parents illness for one and the other one, I have no idea. Then you have some teachers who do not use Skyward! They do not have any accountability and use another site or none at all. When I called to complain about it, all of a sudden they would populate my child's grade and then when new semester would begin this same teacher would not use Skyward or would tell me that she had not given many grades that 9 wks. I agree with previous post that the school has gone down since Ms. Roberts left 2 yrs ago. Oh and try getting ahold of a counselor. Good luck! I hope this year will be much better. I do want to say that there are some teachers that are awesome but unfortunately they are not the norm. I do have to give kudos for Ms. P_ _ _ _ who is a guidance counselor and is exceptional!! She gets 5 stars from me!! She is quick and resolves issues quickly! Love her! BTW, my kids are both in Honor classes.

Treasure Coast High School 2

Posted July 08, 2013
This is my third review I have inputted regarding my opinion on TCHS. I am assuming someone does not want other parents to be aware of what has happened to me. My child loves the school but as a parent I couldn't be more disappointed. My child was taught by 3 substitutes for the year. How can a child learn off ditties, how can a child develop good study habits or note taking skills when an actual certified teacher is not present. Very afraid my child will not be prepared for college.

Posted May 26, 2013
Some of the teachers are awesome. Some belittle the students and talk down to them. Could you refresher course on how to deal with students. These aren't the everyday kids that give trouble either. Step up and be that teacher, give credit to the ones that due make the difference. School however very disorganized since Ms. Roberts left.

Posted September 28, 2012
Very disorganized , unprofessional,rude people at this place.Very sad to think we citizens pay to hire unqualified people to intimidate parents and their children. No accountability from anyone there.

Treasure Coast High School 4

Posted September 20, 2011
This school has an amazing AICE program with teachers that are second to none. Majority of the AICE teachers are sure the students get a quality education that is rigorous and challenging. My only qualm is with much of the administration and the librarians. In my opinion TCH needs to be more school spirited. When walking on campus a student can feel as if they're on a community college campus instead of a high school one. A few of the administration are a bit rude to students (myself included). The librarians are the same way; neither of them help students find what they are looking for and they kick people out for having an empty water bottle on the table. Currently, I am a junior in the AICE program at TCH and had the administration been better, this school would unequivocally be rated five stars.

Treasure Coast High School
1000 Southwest Darwin Boulevard, Port St. Lucie, FL  34953
Last modified Treasure Coast High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Treasure Coast High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 69 reviews. Top