Posted April 23, 2014
This school is seriously one of the best schools in the county. From the principal down to the students, It gets an A+, Mr. C is a wonderful principal who knows children and how to help them succeed. So many people at this school deserve grades of A+ and the list is so long, that I don't think I have enough characters to write about them and why I adore and admire them. I just wish I didn't wait until my son's second year to find this amazing place. He has flourished and I am so proud of him and so very grateful to every person that works here, even the cafeteria staff. Any school can teach a kid with great behavior and good study habits. That's easy!!! It takes a GREAT school to mold and develop kids to reach that level! Too many schools give up on kids that don't adjust. Not here - they go above and beyond. I love West Gate K-8 and I want everyone to know it!

Posted December 11, 2013
This is my second child attending Westgate k-8. My youngest son has since graduated and went on to HS. He is developmentally delayed and was given the utmost attention and education at his level with professionalism and support. My daughter now attends the school and cries if she is unable to go to school or I have to pick her up early. Teachers are awesome and the principal is #1 in my book.

Posted December 10, 2013
I am a substitute teacher in both St Lucie and Martin counties and I think that West Gate is one of the best schools in the area. The teaching staff and the administration do an excellent job at motivating and teaching self control to the children.

Posted September 20, 2013
I believe you can pick up on a vibe of an institution after 10 minutes of walking around. When we first toured West Gate the teachers were all smiling and the principal seems to be everywhere at once; and also smiling! My first and third grader are excited to go to school daily and each teacher we have had goes above and beyond to help their students stay involved and successful. I have had the opportunity to work within several SL county schools in my experiences and West Gate never disappoints.

West Gate K-8 School 4

Posted August 15, 2013
I had attended West Gate since the school had opened - which means when I was in the second grade. Now, I am heading into high school on August 19, and the school has been great to me. Sure, some faculty, staff, teachers, and students aren't going to like you - but that's in every school. I loved my elementary years - and liked my middle school years. I was freaking out once we had to graduate eighth grade because I couldn't believe after being in at the school for seven years, that it was finally time for me to leave and move on to another school. I've met a lot of friends there, and met a lot of people that I shouldn't talk to - overall, everyone is okay. Miss Nycstrom (now known as Mrs. Stetz), Mr. Apostalico (no longer teaches here), Mrs. Shremmer, and Coach Caroll are amazing teachers. There are also some hilarious members of the Mustang family, and the principal is a kind man who I've never personally seen get furious at anyone before. I'm going to miss this school since it had been my second home for a long time, but maybe one day, it'll be another home for my kids in the future.

West Gate K-8 School 1

Posted July 30, 2013
This school has la cked professionalism in the administration for years. Every time I had to go to the office or request to speak with someone about my child I was made to feel that I was the biggest inconvenience they had! I hated going and begging to be part of the children's school life. There are a few really good teachers here and for them I am sad they must work with the office staff here. Then, there are many incompetent teachers who I feel are just riding retirement out. The school could be great but current leadership is among the worst I have ever experienced and I would not subject my children to this school one more year!

Posted May 26, 2013
Both my daughters go to this school one is in a self contained class for her disabilities and I have a hard time trusting anyone with her except her teacher and her aides. They are the best and really care about her and her well being. My other daughters teacher is amazing, she is caring and tries to make sure everyone in the classroom get alone with everyone. There is no bullying and they are to treat everyone with respect and kindness. My daughter was behind about a half a year on reading and because of her reading coach and her teachers she is on track again and excelling. This is a wonderful school where the principle cares about his students and his teachers. If your child has an IEP I highly recommend this school.

Posted April 13, 2013
I have attended this school since the 5th grade and I am currently in the last quarter of 8th grade. I am really going to miss this school. The teachers are amazing except for a few, but wherever you go, there's going to be bad apples (referring to teachers and students as well). The principal is very nice and supportive, and there are ALOT of fun events throughout the year such as carnivals and dances. Some of the office staff are rude, but for the most part, West-Gate K-8 is the place to be. I would highly recommend it for anyone to go there.

West Gate K-8 School 1

Posted November 07, 2012
Attending this school was actually one of the worst experiences of my entire life. I'm a senior in high school and I still try to repress as many memories as possible. It was absolutely horrible.

West Gate K-8 School 3

Posted August 15, 2012
One of the best principals the county has. AP's, not so much. Many in faculty not as professional as they should be as they openly criticize other teachers in class. Flip-flops and mini skirts are unacceptable in other schools, but that doesn't appear to be the issue here. Other behaviors by faculty and staff go unchecked due to favoritism or neglect. Unfortunately, the middle school mindset of gossip, bullying, and degradation is alive and well in the middle school faculty. If I were a parent of an elementary school student, I would try my best to keep them in an elementary school and give all K-8's in SLC a miss. The only thing they're good for is bussing.

West Gate K-8 School
1050 Northwest Cashmere Boulevard, Port St. Lucie, FL  34986
Last modified West Gate K-8 School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Gate K-8 School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 135 reviews. Top