Port St. Lucie, FL

Posted April 06, 2014
I went to this school for 6 years, and it truly was great. I received Straight A's throughout all 6 years, and was always happy. I believe most of the parents complaining on here are just too self-centered. The reality is that your kid won't always be center of attention, won't always be spoon fed by the teachers and staff. I assure you if you teach your kids to be self-motivated and teach them to want to learn, they will be fine. I miss this school dearly, and I am sure your child will have a great time if they attend this school. Don't let some of the negative reviews fool you. Take it from a student who went there for 6 years, this school is great.

Allapattah Flats K-8 4

Posted August 19, 2013
My boys have been at this school since it began in 2007. The staff in the front office is amazing and very helpful. We made the mistake of leaving for a charter school the second year, but returned after one semester as it was the worst school I had ever seen. Yes there have been many changes in leadership and this not the schools fault, but it is the fault of St. Lucie County school District whom I would give an "F" in rating ! The teachers are amazing, and I have never had any communication problems with the exception of the previous Principal in 2011, no names mentioned, but several teachers and families left during that year. The only issue I have is that there use to be higher level classes for those students that desire a higher level of academics. Now however, the district believes that by placing all levels together, the higher level kids will help the lower level kids. Unfortunately this looks good on paper, but what really happens is the teachers end up dealing more with behavior issues and kids that do not want to learn, and can't teach the kids that want to achieve more with their education!!! Speak up for your children and what they have earned!

Posted August 06, 2013
The front office staff are welcoming for the most part. However, when it comes to the rest of the staff I'm not impressed. The principal,dean and nurse are less than responsive to the needs of the parents or the students. They run the school like a glorified jail. The principal is cold and lacks the ability to relate to the parents. I had the displeasure of finding that out the hard way when they called security on me for bringing my son to the elementary moving up ceremony for our daughter. Our son hurt his rib and didn't attend school there that day so they said he was being truant. They preach family values but made him sit in the office and miss his sisters graduation. Apparently, we werent the only ones harrassd by this outrageous rule. Another parent told my husband they actually removed her son and later called, yelling at her. One dean in particular thinks that by yelling like an animal at our children during lunch,it will make them behave. My son is terrified of her and honestly,I was in shock. The list goes on but I only have so much room. I can't wait until my kids are out of this school or the principal is replaced by someone with real family values!

Posted April 01, 2013
This is the worse school in saint Lucie county. The ESE Department Sucks! The staff is'nt friendly. They do not have an open dorr policy if parents have a concern or to see what their kid is learning.

Posted September 10, 2012
We love this school. My kids are very very happy there, love their teachers, and have been accelerating in their classes. Great experience.

Posted October 25, 2011
My 2 children have attended this school for the last 3 years. Every year they get a new principal, The latest whom I have never met or even seen, and I have left her several messages,needing to speak to her about my 2nd graders teacher turn over rate. The Teacher turn over rate is unbelievable. Last year my 2nd Grade Daughter had 3 different Teachers. Communication between Parent/Teacher is nonexistent, untill its to late,then a meeting is called. Per the Elementary Guidance Counsler, assistance is not offered to children struggling in a subject.I was pretty much told we " dont have the funds and your on your own". As for the dress code, if they would worry about teaching the kids as much as they worry about what they are wearing the kids would benefit greatly, and if your going to enforce a dress code maybe they need to practice what they preach. If the kids have to wear it, so should the faculity

Allapattah Flats K-8 3

Posted November 28, 2010
I have two children in Allapattah Flats. They've been enrolled there for three years. Every year we've had a new principle, the teacher turn-over is unreal, teacher/parent communication is non-existent, the kids hardly ever get to go outside and be active, the school hours changed and ruined my kids enjoyment in school. My children have been on the honor roll every quarter they have been in the school. Not sure the school is challenging enough. Bullying and police presence are the norm. Not too happy we decided to send our children here. I believe the younger siblings will be attending a K-8 closer to home.

Posted November 16, 2010
With all respect, the worst school my kids had ever been. People from the office are really nice and helpful. There is not feedback with the teachers AT ALL. There is not parent-teacher communication at all. Bullying and you get a hard time to get help about it from teachers. I have not met the principial yet, never have seen her around myself.

Posted April 17, 2010

Posted April 03, 2010

Allapattah Flats K-8
12051 Northwest Copper Creek Drive, Port St. Lucie, FL  34987
Last modified Allapattah Flats K-8 is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Allapattah Flats K-8 Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top