1,388 students|Fau Lab Sch

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Fau/Slcsd Palm Pointe Educational Research School @ Tradition 2

Posted January 21, 2016
This school turns teachers into robots making sure they're all exactly the same. They tend to drive all the best teachers away by doing so. Have your desks set up this way, you must use the scale, you must use thinking maps, while every student agrees thinking maps and scales don't help our understanding of the material. Dress code is above all, above even our education. At lunch there is a designated table to sit at, so if all your friends are in another class, sucks for you! Have fun eating alone. The parent pick up rules are ridiculous, they make you scoot down the benches every five seconds, and you get yelled at for hugging your friends as you leave because "you're holding up the line". All in all, they are exteremly controlling and do NOT encourage creativity and indiciduality at all.

Fau/Slcsd Palm Pointe Educational Research School @ Tradition
Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted September 22, 2015
Yes I expressed the way they handle conflict at school, and addressed the student and parents they followed up afterward, well done.

Posted September 22, 2015
The Best school, my kids are enjoying the experience. I believe they will be prepared for college, Thank you.

Posted June 01, 2015
I am confident that this is the best school in the area. Teachers communicate with the parents regularly, there are programs for children's strengths and special needs, there are field trips, and the discipline is clear and consistent. The teachers are dedicated and seem to have common sense as well. There is a library with excellent staffing, which is very important for developing information literacy. The only things I could wish for would be pre-school clubs (school starts at 9:40 and the pre-care by the Boys and Girls Club is always full), and more art and coding in the curriculum. We love our school!

Fau/Slcsd Palm Pointe Educational Research School @ Tradition 4

Posted August 21, 2014
My daughter began attending Palm Pointe in the first grade. She has had some problems with reading. She is now in the 8th grade and her reading has improved tremendously due to the diligence of her teachers. Schools and teachers are not perfect but I must say that every staff member we have encountered has always shown a sincere interest in my daughter's success in everything she does. Education is what the student makes of it and at Palm Pointe they encourage each student to do their very best at everything they do. Not all children learn in the same way and my experience at Palm Pointe has been that the teachers help the children in different ways until something clicks. Every child is a "Rocket" souring towards the stars in whatever they do.

Posted August 09, 2013
Excellent ! Couldn't be happier my daughter goes to this school. Great teachers and staff!

Posted July 20, 2013
We are very happy with this school! My son was very shy at VPK.. He changed so much! He had best teacher ms Clancy!!! He was looks forward to going to school each day! She made his year 2012-2013! Thank you so much MS Clancy We will miss you! and thank you for all other excellent staff! GO ROKET!

Fau/Slcsd Palm Pointe Educational Research School @ Tradition 3

Posted July 19, 2013
This school is a revolving door as teachers and staff do not stay. Every year, even in the middle of the year staff members leave. In the past 2-3 years, guidance department has had 3 or 4 new counselors (a very nice one resigned in the middle of the year), one of the deans resigned or fired in the middle of the year. Based on what I've observed, the school PRINCIPAL, Debra Snyder is to be blamed. She is not friendly at all towards her staff and couldn't careless about their feelings. On one occasion, I was there for a parent conference, I personally observed her literally screaming at one of the deans there demanding her to do something. That was very embarrassing and awkward. Another occasion, I witnessed her scolding the guidance counselor in front of parents in the cafeteria during open school. She rubs off on some of the teachers because some of them are EXTREMELY mean to new teachers (special 6th grade) and bully others. On a good note, the front office ladies are always welcoming, most of the teachers I have dealt with act very professional, and are genuinely concerned about their students' academic success. It's too bad they don't stay their long enough.

Posted September 11, 2012
My oldest son has been attending this school since it opened, and I have nothing but great things to say about it. We have considering moving many times over the years due to work, but I can't not bring myself to remove my children from the wonderful education that they are receiving at this school.

Fau/Slcsd Palm Pointe Educational Research School @ Tradition 3

Posted August 12, 2012
The school is OK educationally, but the staff is not very friendly. We've been to a lot of schools and I would say the office staff is the least friendly of any school I have seen. The teachers so far have not been friendly either, and I have only seen the Principle a handful of times. She does not seem very involved with the children like principles at other schools. I hope this year will be better.

Fau/Slcsd Palm Pointe Educational Research School @ Tradition
10680 Southwest Academic Way, Port St. Lucie, FL  34987
Last modified Fau/Slcsd Palm Pointe Educational Research School @ Tradition is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.