1,278 students|St. Lucie

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (4 responses)

Overall, I have been happy with this school and our principal. My overall feeling about the school has changed within the last year because of some of our vice-principal and some staff. The vice-principal is not approachable and very uncaring and it shows when you see her. Some of the staff is extremely gossipy and shows favoritism - not just with staff but parents. I have seen a lot of fantastic teachers leave the school and these were the teachers really making a difference. I feel fortunate that my kids have had really great teachers every year. Lastly, I don't agree with allowing parents at our school, sub at our school.

Principal cares very little about the kids. She's usually MIA. I do a lot of volunteer work and we rarely see her. Cafeteria is out of control. Last several weeks, they have had only one teacher supervising over 100 kids in the cafeteria. It was absolute chaos! There's one teacher that all he does is yell and bully the kids. No disciplinary action is ever taken for troubled kids so the bullying will continue unless parents get involved and DEMAND a change. Save yourself the headache and apply to another school. I've seen so much that it literally makes me sick!

Develops character: Disagree

They only care about there paychecks....the school is is not honest nor do they teach honesty,integrity or fairness

This school does not prepare children and the teachers are the absolute worst. The administration moves problem children from room to room instead of disciplining them. The teachers don't teach it is amazing when 90% of a class gets honor roll but the kids don't know what they should at their grade level.

Everyone is always friendly and willing to help out. This school always represents excellent red carpet service!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers at this school are extremely dedicated to their students. They truly exemplify putting students first by going beyond their role as teachers.

This is a great school. I couldn't imagine working anywhere else. The staff is a big family and everyone truly cares about everyone else. We help each other out and motivate and support each other. The administration genuinely cares about us all and takes appropriate actions to help us succeed. They also do so many appreciation activities showing us how much they value us. This school is most definately "Great by Choice".

This is one of the best schools in St Lucie County. The administration is amazing and the teachers are so caring. They work here not for a job but because they have a passion for education and helping children. After being in several SLC public schools I cannot imagine my children anywhere else. Everyone from the front office to facilities to teachers to administration are so friendly and truly care about our students.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

This school couldn't care less about honest and fairness, they are only concerned about corporate profits and getting an "A" rating. When children are allowed to take the test over and over till they get a passing grade, students who were prepared and ready fell like why study? I can take it over again. Life is not all about do overs.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Bad kids, bad parents make teaching a nightmare for the good teachers and they quit. Most of them are first year teachers.

Last modified Renaissance Charter School Of St. Lucie is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.