Floresta Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 621 students

Sweep tile

Posted April 17, 2014

Floresta Elementry School, Great school, excellent teachers and staff. My son is in 1st grade and loves school.

Posted August 22, 2013

I love the staff at this school... Everyone is extremely helpful and understanding! My daughter seems to enjoy herself and is learning a lot!

Posted May 25, 2012

AWESOME school... I was new to the area and heard great things about Floresta. I had a neighbor who had her kids in Mariposa and visited there one day during lunch. It was total chaos and the kids were all screaming and running around. No control! Floresta is strict with their kids but my twins absolutely LOVE it here! I highly recommend this school and the teachers! They truly care and are very involved with each individual child. What progress my kids made this year, we are amazed and tell everyone that has the choice to send your kids here!

Posted October 11, 2011

GREAT SCHOOL, I love my child's teacher and the staff, they really do a great job! However I feel that as a Dad I'm not treated as nicely as the Mothers are, I've seen Mothers do the exact same thing as me and no questions were asked of them, but if I do it, I get the third degree. There are few men on staff and few men picking up there children, so when I go to pick him up I'm treated like I'm out of place and it is not appreciated. The new principle (which served there before almost 14 years) seems to be doing a great job! Again, I REALLY like the school and it is the only public school in this district that I would allow my child to go to. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Posted August 9, 2011

My kid been there for almost 6 years its a average school to me,to my kid its a good school.

Posted August 2, 2009

My Children attended Floresta for 3 years. I wish that they had been at Floresta from K-5th. Great teachers, and staff. They really want to see your children's success.

Posted May 30, 2009

The administration and teachers are very involved in all aspects of learning and developmental growth. I was considering private school for my son and I have now decided to wait until middle school to start private school. I am very happy with the quality of education at Floresta.

Posted April 22, 2009

We are a school that is on the rise. Our students are engaged from day 1 to the last day of school. We live the philosophy every child, everyday and we make a difference in a child's life.

Posted May 27, 2008

NRT scores and FCAT writing scores were good. This is a nice small town school that engages students at all levels. Teachers and administration work well together and students are very hard working.

Posted March 14, 2008

This is my sons first year at Floresta. He had a rough start, but now he really seems to enjoy it. The teachers and adminisration are very caring and the PTO seems very active. The change in principals certainly does not seem to have affected the quality of learning taking place.

Posted December 1, 2007

As former princpal of Floresta, I am excited about all that I see and hear about the quality of the education provided by the teachers at Floresta. Mrs Wright has really done an exceptional job of hiring and leading. Kudos to the entire staff for the wonderful work they are doing and to the parents who have always given so generously to this school. Floresta will always have a special place in my heart as a school that really cares.

Posted November 28, 2007

Floresta is a school on the rise. Administration has remained strong through turnovers. Curriculm is strong and supported by resource, ESE, and guidance teachers. Positive Behavior Support behavior plan has decreased all incidents of disruptive elements to the learning environment. Students are engaged learners, curious and eager. Drama, chorus, after school enrichment programs and reading incentive programs all contribute to student success.

Posted October 22, 2007

Good teachers, bad district. Parents are very much involved with the school.

Posted October 18, 2007

My son attended Floresta since Kindergarten. Now he's in 5th. Great school. We wish it would go to 8th grade. My son loves the school and he has really done well and learned. Very good safty measures. Parent envolvement good. Teachers really good and very interesreted in your child learning. Also very dedicated to students and school. Very Cooperative with us parents in resolving any issues when needed. Mrs.Junita Wright as a Principal and as a Person, wonderful. To bad she and her staff can not be cloned. We need more Principals, Vice Principals and Teachers like the ones at Floresta at all the other schools around the world. I feel very comfortable that my son is attending Floresta. Thanks you floresta for all your effort and what you have given and done with my son. Keep Up The Good Job. Thanks, Mrs. M. Ochoa

Posted July 12, 2007

My daughter loves this school. All of the teachers and staff are great. We have had nothing but great experiences at this school.

Posted May 23, 2006

I have had nothing but trouble with this school. In four years... two awful teachers.

Posted January 11, 2006

This year my son went through 4 teachers and 3 subs before winter break. This disruption has negatively affected the children in his class as well as my son. They were behind and not being taught anything. The new teacher they finally got was not properly trained in Floresta's way of doing things and caused even more disruption of changing things or not listening to the kids, they have a routine. I never had problems in this school until this year. I feel this year my son has not been learning and excelling as he did last year.

Posted June 29, 2005

Floresta has been a great school. My son has thrived. Had some problems with a couple of teachers but in general the experience has been good.

Posted May 17, 2005

Floresta is a good school. Most teachers at Floresta are very good. The Office staff is a great help, and a special thanks goes out to the school nurse. Overall the school is good and the teachers do care.

Posted March 6, 2005

Despite Floresta's A rating for 2004, I feel the school has slipped. My son's teacher rarely sends home graded papers and while he's always excelled at reading, his teacher never reviewed where he was at last year and as a result, we've had to make sure he was improving at home, because the school wasn't challenging him. Also, they send home a Sunshine math page to be completed that we help him with at home. It's geared to a higher grade level. Very few of the math problems are being taught in his 2nd grade class. Homework should be reinforcement of what is taught in school. There are zero opportunities for extracurricular activities unless your child is in the higher grades. Overall, I'm disappointed and am looking to possibly putting him into private school if it doesn't improve next year.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

90 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2013.

90 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 61% in 2013.

104 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2013.

104 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 83% in 2013.

106 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 53% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

103 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "B".

American Indian/Alaska Native N/A 0%

Other degree 0%N/A2%

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 0%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

1501 SE Floresta Dr