625 students|St. Lucie

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My kids love floresta. I love the staff. Everyone is friendly and helpful. Principal is readily available if you have any issues. I rated the school 4 instead of 5 for 2 reasons. One....please PLEASE do something about that horrendous carline. You have cars coming and going in every direction possible. It is extremely dangerous. It needs more direction and enforcement of school rules from parents. For example....youre not supposed to turn left during certain hours but everyone's doing it. Maybe put a crossing guide on bywood to direct traffic???? And issue number 2. The recess. Children need a break. They can not sit an entire day like this. I am aware they go outside 3 times a week but every other school I've dealt with.....recess is daily after lunch for about 20 minutes. Please reevaluate this and fix it. I'd like ro see my kids go outside every single day immediately after lunch for 15-20 mins. There is a reason other schools do this. You can not expect 5 year olds to sit still for an entire day without moving around and stretching. If you fixed these 2 issues it would be an amazing school with amazing caring staff! Thanks!!!! <3

My granddaughter attends kindergarten. Pre-school is the time where kids just get to play and socialize. Kindergarten starts their learning years. So, yes, recess is just a small part of school now. My granddaughter has PE, music, art, library time, and computer time along with her regular lessons. She now can read books by herself and is doing math problems. She loves to go to school. Uniforms are not to strip kids of their identities. Uniforms give all the kids the same start. A child doesn't have to be worried about a hand-me-downs or shabby clothes. They're all equal in the class room and there to learn. The doors to the school are locked, and the doors to the classroom are locked from the outside. Security is pretty good. I did notice that my daughter had a hard time getting hold of the teacher though. That is one area where improvement could be made. My granddaughter doesn't have anger issues when she comes home. She does have homework and she's in the reading program where she reads two books every weekend. I have no major complaints about this school.

I know most parents come to these reviews hoping to find out everything they can in order to make an informed decision about the "right" school for their child. I did the same, and was desperately hoping my son would get Floresta. He did. I'm honestly on the fence about this school. While he's learning A LOT, his behavior has become odd. He is angry all the time at home, hitting, and seriously acting out. I have heard this same thing from a number of parents. And, what I have witnessed is starting to make me question this school's fit for us. There is no time at all to allow these kids to be kids. My son is in kindergarten, and there is limited recess????? Clothes that practically constitute a uniform, stripping these kids of their individuality. I think that is really sad. I've emailed his teacher a bunch of times since school started, even requested a conference in his planner and via email, and haven't heard back once. I have had to chase her down every time I need to speak with her. I've requested information and never gotten it. I'm in total shock over the lack of communication. This bothers me most of all. Is this s good school? I'm honestly not sure.

This is an awesome school that excells not only in teaching , but also providing a positive learning environment. My son has been going there since Kindergarten, and now in the Fourth grade, he still loves going to school everyday. It is challenging for him and he has homework everyday, however, he does excel in his studies. The staff has always been both efficient and attentive to issues that I have brought forth over the years. I could not ask for a better school.

This school is wonderful. My daughter entered kindergarten without being able to read. She graduated kindergarten at a second grade reading level. They have a lot of parent involvement opportunities. This school is a winner!

Floresta Elementry School, Great school, excellent teachers and staff. My son is in 1st grade and loves school.

AWESOME school... I was new to the area and heard great things about Floresta. I had a neighbor who had her kids in Mariposa and visited there one day during lunch. It was total chaos and the kids were all screaming and running around. No control! Floresta is strict with their kids but my twins absolutely LOVE it here! I highly recommend this school and the teachers! They truly care and are very involved with each individual child. What progress my kids made this year, we are amazed and tell everyone that has the choice to send your kids here!

GREAT SCHOOL, I love my child's teacher and the staff, they really do a great job! However I feel that as a Dad I'm not treated as nicely as the Mothers are, I've seen Mothers do the exact same thing as me and no questions were asked of them, but if I do it, I get the third degree. There are few men on staff and few men picking up there children, so when I go to pick him up I'm treated like I'm out of place and it is not appreciated. The new principle (which served there before almost 14 years) seems to be doing a great job! Again, I REALLY like the school and it is the only public school in this district that I would allow my child to go to. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

My kid been there for almost 6 years its a average school to me,to my kid its a good school.

My Children attended Floresta for 3 years. I wish that they had been at Floresta from K-5th. Great teachers, and staff. They really want to see your children's success.

Last modified Floresta Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.