Port St. Lucie, FL
Students enrolled: 1,196

Posted February 26, 2015
Just be warned this school is horrible Dean hick needs to be fired and the principal is worthless he needs fired too.

Posted February 11, 2015
My son was suspended out of school for 3 days because he refused to go with the Dean. It all started when the teacher gave him a MIR/BIR right after he was attacked by another student. He refused to take the MIR/BIR. The teacher called up the Dean, he still refused until another Dean arrived. He was suspended automatically when the Dean escort my son to the Dean's office. They totally ignore the fact that my son was attacked by another student. When my son told me this I extremely dumbfounded. When I arrived to the school, after he was suspended. I asked why was he was suspended, they said "He was interrupting the classroom." thats THEY WROTE HIM UP the front office told me. They never asked why my son refused to go with them or what happened. The student who attacked my son got away of it, again I was extremely dumbfounded.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 27, 2015
i do not recommend this school for your loved one. this is my first year at this school and it is way too strict and the teachers/staff are incredibly rude and worthless. the principle is not what he seems. he is a HYPOCRITE. he seems nice around teachers, parents, etc. but when it comes to student, he'll act rude and get students in trouble for the smallest things. my old school was way different than this school, the teachers were nicer, the students never got arrested, we had more freedom, and the principle actually tried to get kids educated! the principle makes speeches that frighten students, not motivate them. Trust me, this is not all of my complaints. Parents, go to a better school if you really love your child.
3 people found this helpful

Posted November 24, 2014
When my kids first started at this school I thought OMG. The school is dated and can do with some refurbishment but St. Lucie County schoolboard is cheap and unless your kids go to Central do not expect too many frills. After a few months at the school my child who had an IEP began to finally learn. None of the schools has he ever been in has he ever gained so much ground academically. He not only grew educationally but his self confidence bloomed. AS the student before said all you have to do is your homework and pay attention that is true, but I can honestly say that there are more teachers in their ESE program who go above and beyond to help their students. Yes you have to work and yes you have to pay attention but isn't that what you are there for anyway? Parents obviously you have to stay involved with your childs progress and be an advocate for them, but if you stay in touch and involved, success can be achieved. Yes the school is a little rough but it is a public school. The principal and office staff are very attentive and available to assist and help in anyway, you just have to ask. It is all about communication and involvement.

Northport K-8 School 4

Posted October 24, 2013
I have been a volunteer at Northport K-8 for almost 5 years now. I can think of a better school to spend my free time at, when it comes to assisting the students and staff in their busy day. You are made to feel wanted and needed.

Northport K-8 School 2

Posted August 03, 2013
So I go to this school currently and all you have to do to be successful in this school is to do your work and pay attention. Teachers are not the best, but that really depends on the team you're on. (Starfish team is the best in my opinion.) If you haven't heard of the situation of an accused teacher sending several 8th graders to beat up a 7th grader, I highly suggest searching it before you enroll your own child. Just be a good kid that listens and try's their best and you'll be fine. You have to also be a little tough because the students are much worse than the teachers. I would not personally enroll my future children in this school.

Northport K-8 School 2

Posted April 13, 2013
I had read the bad reviews of this school but I figured it was just a bunch of angry people so I took a chance on the low rent in PSL and enrolled my kids here. We could not get out fast enough. While my 6th grader got along fine I had a special needs 8th grader and he was tormented at this school! Thug kids would bully him until the point he would act out and then he would be the one in trouble. The staff would never take into account his disability. Luckily I was able to move south to a 9 rated High School south of PSL and everything has been fine for 2 years now. These ratings this sight puts out will make all the difference for your kids.

Posted February 19, 2013
My daughter has attended this school for 2 years now. She has done awesome at this school. She has gotten the best grades that she has ever gotten. The teachers help her anytime she needs help. She has been on the honor roll every nine weeks. The principal is so very helpful and nice. I give this school a 10. I really think that the strict dress code is great.

Posted October 29, 2012
I MYSELF ATTENDED THIS SCHOOL AND I HAD THE WORST EXPERIENCE AT THIS SCHOOL. I USED TO DO THE READING PROGRAM (READ180) WITH DR.STEIN. THAT PROGRAM MADE ME FEEL AS THOUGH IM NOT CAPABLE OF DOING WORK AT MY AGE LEVEL! COMPLETELY INSULTING! IM GLAD I DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL ANYMORE! BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNN! :D
2 people found this helpful

Posted October 03, 2012
I have had only good experiences with this school and reccomend it! My son transfered from private to public in fouth grade and has not only been challenged academically but has done well in the process. The teachers and principal do care and know him by name. Our family have enjoyed the activities and programs put on by the teachers and school.

Northport K-8 School
250 Northwest Floresta Drive, Port St. Lucie, FL  34983
Last modified Northport K-8 School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northport K-8 School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top