1,234 students|St. Lucie

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Horrible School! My daughter cried everyday because she didn't want to go to this school. She was being bullied a lot as most of the kids that go to this school. Staff didn't help them in ANY way to prevent this or even to find out what was really happening. Principal was horrible! He would smile when parents where there but treats kids poorly when no grown up was around!!! The nurse was the worst of them all!!! Once my kid was throwing up in class and she told me in an extremely rude tone that she was making it up, but turned up she was really sick since her teachers confirmed she DID throw up IN the classroom. My kid was terrified to go to the office and talk to her! Worst bully in the whole building that nurse!! Also, front desk lady would treat kids really bad even in front of parents! I once saw her making fun of a 2nd grader because she said she was sick and send her back to her classroom without even listening to her!!!! After the kid left she started talking bad of the little girl and laughing with others that worked in the office!! Next day I took my kid out that school !!!! Please DO NOT let your kids go to this horrible school!!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

very ineffective and plain out rude. Student should be able to ask questions without feeling stupid or dumb or intimidated by there teachers that should be a red flag for kids especially trying to learn

Amount of homework: no rating

homework should be given and in a way that student understand the assignment and not just blurt it out loud and expect the student to understand have handouts or instructions because students shouldn't have to play mind games or guessing games with the teacher

Just be warned this school is horrible Dean hick needs to be fired and the principal is worthless he needs fired too.

My son was suspended out of school for 3 days because he refused to go with the Dean. It all started when the teacher gave him a MIR/BIR right after he was attacked by another student. He refused to take the MIR/BIR. The teacher called up the Dean, he still refused until another Dean arrived. He was suspended automatically when the Dean escort my son to the Dean's office. They totally ignore the fact that my son was attacked by another student. When my son told me this I extremely dumbfounded. When I arrived to the school, after he was suspended. I asked why was he was suspended, they said "He was interrupting the classroom." thats THEY WROTE HIM UP the front office told me. They never asked why my son refused to go with them or what happened. The student who attacked my son got away of it, again I was extremely dumbfounded.

i do not recommend this school for your loved one. this is my first year at this school and it is way too strict and the teachers/staff are incredibly rude and worthless. the principle is not what he seems. he is a HYPOCRITE. he seems nice around teachers, parents, etc. but when it comes to student, he'll act rude and get students in trouble for the smallest things. my old school was way different than this school, the teachers were nicer, the students never got arrested, we had more freedom, and the principle actually tried to get kids educated! the principle makes speeches that frighten students, not motivate them. Trust me, this is not all of my complaints. Parents, go to a better school if you really love your child.

When my kids first started at this school I thought OMG. The school is dated and can do with some refurbishment but St. Lucie County schoolboard is cheap and unless your kids go to Central do not expect too many frills. After a few months at the school my child who had an IEP began to finally learn. None of the schools has he ever been in has he ever gained so much ground academically. He not only grew educationally but his self confidence bloomed. AS the student before said all you have to do is your homework and pay attention that is true, but I can honestly say that there are more teachers in their ESE program who go above and beyond to help their students. Yes you have to work and yes you have to pay attention but isn't that what you are there for anyway? Parents obviously you have to stay involved with your childs progress and be an advocate for them, but if you stay in touch and involved, success can be achieved. Yes the school is a little rough but it is a public school. The principal and office staff are very attentive and available to assist and help in anyway, you just have to ask. It is all about communication and involvement.

I have been a volunteer at Northport K-8 for almost 5 years now. I can think of a better school to spend my free time at, when it comes to assisting the students and staff in their busy day. You are made to feel wanted and needed.

So I go to this school currently and all you have to do to be successful in this school is to do your work and pay attention. Teachers are not the best, but that really depends on the team you're on. (Starfish team is the best in my opinion.) If you haven't heard of the situation of an accused teacher sending several 8th graders to beat up a 7th grader, I highly suggest searching it before you enroll your own child. Just be a good kid that listens and try's their best and you'll be fine. You have to also be a little tough because the students are much worse than the teachers. I would not personally enroll my future children in this school.

I had read the bad reviews of this school but I figured it was just a bunch of angry people so I took a chance on the low rent in PSL and enrolled my kids here. We could not get out fast enough. While my 6th grader got along fine I had a special needs 8th grader and he was tormented at this school! Thug kids would bully him until the point he would act out and then he would be the one in trouble. The staff would never take into account his disability. Luckily I was able to move south to a 9 rated High School south of PSL and everything has been fine for 2 years now. These ratings this sight puts out will make all the difference for your kids.

Last modified Northport K-8 School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.